Liverpool 2-1 Aston Villa - Saturday 10th April, 2021

football forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

This is a surprising stat... 

Excluding penalties, Liverpool haven't scored with any of their last 127 shots in Premier League home matches, with the Reds having a further 12 attempts so far today.

That is some stat. Not just the defence they have issues with... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

This is a surprising stat... 

Excluding penalties, Liverpool haven't scored with any of their last 127 shots in Premier League home matches, with the Reds having a further 12 attempts so far today.

Yeah, we've had about 112 goals ruled out by VAR for fingernails, armpits and club shirts blowing in the wind for offside. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Anyone watching us play can tell we have issues all over the pitch. This form is genuinely horrifying, this isn’t Hodgson’s team of plodders, these players should be ashamed of themselves.

The issues basically stem from the two plodders at CB though don't they

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah, we've had about 112 goals ruled out by VAR for fingernails, armpits and club shirts blowing in the wind for offside. 

And rightly so... you wouldn't want to win the league title by cheating now would you... 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Anyone watching us play can tell we have issues all over the pitch. This form is genuinely horrifying, this isn’t Hodgson’s team of plodders, these players should be ashamed of themselves.

Has anyone not had a bad season? Not a good season, just not bad.

Alisson's had a series of howlers since the turn of the year, Trent's got better but still isn't his old self, Robertson's got about half an assist, Firmino, Wijnaldum, Mane, Thiago all poor. The less said about Origi and Chamberlain, the better. 

Jota, I guess, but he's missed too much time for it to be a 'good' season. Fabinho and Henderson have done well in midfield, but again they haven't played there often enough to call it a good season

Just now, LFCMike said:

The issues basically stem from the two plodders at CB though don't they

Yeah but these players should be good enough to adapt a bit because it’s still a lot of quality players against Aston Villa without Grealish. We should be able to not look this shit.

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Has anyone not had a bad season? Not a good season, just not bad.

Alisson's had a series of howlers since the turn of the year, Trent's got better but still isn't his old self, Robertson's got about half an assist, Firmino, Wijnaldum, Mane, Thiago all poor.

Jota, I guess, but he's missed too much time for it to be a 'good' season. Fabinho and Henderson have done well in midfield, but again they haven't played there often enough to call it a good season

Salah’s the only one who can hold his head up high. And even then, it shouldn’t be that high.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Salah’s the only one who can hold his head up high. And even then, it shouldn’t be that high.

Lol I mentioned Salah and his head and look what happened.

If I mention Firmino and his cock, will he cockthrust the ball into the goal? Here’s hoping.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol I mentioned Salah and his head and look what happened.

If I mention Firmino and his cock, will he cockthrust the ball into the goal? Here’s hoping.

Just hope he hasn't got a big cock or it will probs be called offside. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah but these players should be good enough to adapt a bit because it’s still a lot of quality players against Aston Villa without Grealish. We should be able to not look this shit.

Don't think we've been that bad today to be honest. Certainly an improvement on some of the other recent home games

Just now, Bluewolf said:

You wouldn't want VAR to allow goals that are offside to be given just because it's Liverpool would you?? 

VAR’s given penalties for fouls that were outside the box against us xD - I do not think the referees are concerned with getting the right decision or good officiating anymore

Just now, Bluewolf said:

I think there are plenty of clubs that could make the same claim... It's not gone well this season

It’s intentionally diabolical for “the drama” that Sky can play up week in & week out, imo

• Administrator

Alexander-Arnold scores! Martinez saved superbly but it falls to Alexander-Arnold who finds the corner with a lovely strike. 

Liverpool get another late winner vs Villa! 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-1 Aston Villa - Saturday 10th April, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived