• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Prince Philip Dies Aged 99

football forum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

I wonder if the police will be as heavy handed with the people mourning his death as they were with the Sarah Everard vigil 

Probably depends if there’s anyone there stamping on flowers, have megaphones screaming ACAB, rip mirrors off police vans, and generally scream and abuse the police in general. Of course, this was a small minority, but the point stands.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Probably depends if there’s anyone there stamping on flowers, have megaphones screaming ACAB, rip mirrors off police vans, and generally scream and abuse the police in general. Of course, this was a small minority, but the point stands.

I mean it literally doesn’t depend on that because the police attempted to shut it down before it even started, add on top that a copper killed her and that the police attempts to close off the vigil preceded what you’ve posted above, as you say, from a small minority. Nonetheless, people who were rightfully angry at the decision making of the police. Again, let’s see if the police respond in the same manner.

41 minutes ago, Danny said:

I wonder if the police will be as heavy handed with the people mourning his death as they were with the Sarah Everard vigil 

I'm presuming you're referring to the vigil where a public inquiry concluded that the police did nothing wrong. I believe the key findings of the inquiry concluded that this was no longer a vigil, the vigil had turned in to a protest thanks to a small minority and the Police Officers who were instructed to "engage, explain, encourage and enforce" behaved 'exemplary'. Let's keep this factual and not tarnish the thousands of exceptional Police Officers that are just as disgusted by Wayne Cousins behaviour as members of the public were. 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Danny said:

I mean it literally doesn’t depend on that because the police attempted to shut it down before it even started, add on top that a copper killed her and that the police attempts to close off the vigil preceded what you’ve posted above, as you say, from a small minority. Nonetheless, people who were rightfully angry at the decision making of the police. Again, let’s see if the police respond in the same manner.

Did they?

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm presuming you're referring to the vigil where a public inquiry concluded that the police did nothing wrong. I believe the key findings of the inquiry concluded that this was no longer a vigil, the vigil had turned in to a protest thanks to a small minority and the Police Officers who were instructed to "engage, explain, encourage and enforce" behaved 'exemplary'. Let's keep this factual and not tarnish the thousands of exceptional Police Officers that are just as disgusted by Wayne Cousins behaviour as members of the public were. 

Police officer kills woman, a vigil is organised, police move to have vigil for said woman cancelled, people go to vigil and police attempt to break it up once speeches begin. But no, the police didn’t provoke anything, did they 9_9

Not sure where I put Wayne Cousins’ actions on every police officer, so no need for you to take it so personally.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Did they?

Yeah but a judge wouldn’t get involved in it. Police didn’t want it happening full stop.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

It literally does depend on that. If there’s a threat, it will be dealt with, as per the Sarah Everard vigil, where many went for that reason. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

It literally does depend on that. If there’s a threat, it will be dealt with, as per the Sarah Everard vigil, where many went for that reason. 

Again Police provoked those who wanted to attend prior to the vigil even happening, and again the vigil only turned once the police began to break it up. So no, it really doesn’t.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Again Police provoked those who wanted to attend prior to the vigil even happening, and again the vigil only turned once the police began to break it up. So no, it really doesn’t.

And again, let's stick to facts. The inquiry found no evidence of "the crowd turning once the police began to break it up". No need to instigate an anti-police rhetoric on this occasion.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Wasn't this due to a very vocal and physical minority though? So police didn't really instigate that? 

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Police provoked people to make banners and act like twats. Aye, sure.

If people act like dickheads and pose a threat to the police, they’ll unsurprisingly be met with the police reacting. It’s genuinely that simple. 

Apparently there were so many complaints to the bbc because the coverage took up the whole day they had to set up a new system to deal with it. To be fair it did take up bbc 1 and 2 and also itv. It did seem a bit OTT for a royal a lot of people didnt like. Especially when millions of people have died over the last year because of covid 

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently there were so many complaints to the bbc because the coverage took up the whole day they had to set up a new system to deal with it. To be fair it did take up bbc 1 and 2 and also itv. It did seem a bit OTT for a royal a lot of people didnt like. Especially when millions of people have died over the last year because of covid 

Let's be fair though, Philip had a lifetime of being by the Queen's side and is a royal who has set up and contributed to hundreds of charities. 

It doesn't surprise me the coverage it got. It's the Queen's husband. What did annoy me and what's understandable about the complaints is why did BBC need to fill both mainstream channels with the same things. For all day and into the night, too. One channel I can understand but both I don't think was right. Made no sense. They even suspended BBC Four which again didn't make sense. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Let's be fair though, Philip had a lifetime of being by the Queen's side and is a royal who has set up and contributed to hundreds of charities. 

It doesn't surprise me the coverage it got. It's the Queen's husband. What did annoy me and what's understandable about the complaints is why did BBC need to fill both mainstream channels with the same things. For all day and into the night, too. One channel I can understand but both I don't think was right. Made no sense. They even suspended BBC Four which again didn't make sense. 

He did some good things. Although he was given the opportunity to. He was also quite unpleasant at times. I don't believe that one story should take up the whole day. 

34 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Complaints because simpletons couldn’t watch Eastenders? What a country. 

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Complaints because simpletons couldn’t watch Eastenders? What a country. 

No complaints because it took up two channels. Also some people dont agree with one story taking up the day. I dont believe that someone dying should take up the whole day. Millions of people have died over the last year. One person who was lucky enough to be born into a rich family and marry the queen shouldn't take up the whole day. 

29 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Yep, or Coronation Street and Emmerdale Farm.  

Like I said mate it took up two BBC channels and itv.  Seems a bit OTT for one death when millions have died because of covid over the last year 

Also it's not been emmerdale farm for about 30 years :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

No complaints because it took up two channels. Also some people dont agree with one story taking up the day. I dont believe that someone dying should take up the whole day. Millions of people have died over the last year. One person who was lucky enough to be born into a rich family and marry the queen shouldn't take up the whole day. 

You’re going to be really angry when the Queen dies then 😂

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You’re going to be really angry when the Queen dies then 😂

Ha ha. I'm not angry mate I don't really care, it's not worth getting stressed about. But I understand it. From what I remember you arent a royalist either so you probably get it 

Archived