talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 3-2 Leicester City - Sunday 11th April, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Spurs play twice before we play again, as well. Could also be 1 pt behind us. We're likely to be 5th when we next play with West Ham playing Newcastle and Chelsea playing Brighton before we play West Brom. 

Could do with Leeds doing Liverpool over. And then West Ham play Chelsea so a good chance for us to get ahead. 

Agree though - 4 wins and nothing less. They are winnable 100%. Have to get them before that final 3.

Spurs won't catch us I don't think. We've really fucked it if they do in my eyes. They're just poor.

It's still in our hands ultimately. We will build up some sort of gap if we win our next four, all very winnable games, others will drop points at some point.

We really, really should beat West Brom but we never do at home.

• The title was changed to West Ham 3-2 Leicester City - Sunday 11th April, 2021
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
24 minutes ago, Dan said:

Spurs won't catch us I don't think. We've really fucked it if they do in my eyes. They're just poor.

It's still in our hands ultimately. We will build up some sort of gap if we win our next four, all very winnable games, others will drop points at some point.

We really, really should beat West Brom but we never do at home.

Mate we never beat Arsenal away and that happened this season. If ever there was a time to do it, this season would be it.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lingard at West Ham 100%

You say that but Bruno came to united we were about 8th and finished 3rd.

United have a big decision to make with Lingard, he always had ability but his head was all over the place. 

Do we cash our chips or do we bring him back and give him another crack at it?

His transfer fee has gone up a fair bit now though. Maybe priced out of West Ham. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Devil said:

Yeah but at least you still had some semblance of quality in your side.

West Ham were pretty mediocre before Lingard came along. It's the perfect fit for club and player, really.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah but at least you still had some semblance of quality in your side.

West Ham were pretty mediocre before Lingard came along. It's the perfect fit for club and player, really.

Totally agree, I think he will know its best for his career if he makes the move because he is realistically a squad man at United. 

I think he thrives on being centre of attention. 

1 hour ago, Devil said:

United have a big decision to make with Lingard, he always had ability but his head was all over the place. 

Do we cash our chips or do we bring him back and give him another crack at it?

His transfer fee has gone up a fair bit now though. Maybe priced out of West Ham. 

Lingard looks like a completely different player though. It’s actually absolutely ridiculous how much he’s improved.

Plus he doesn’t take penalties :ph34r:

57 minutes ago, Devil said:

Totally agree, I think he will know its best for his career if he makes the move because he is realistically a squad man at United. 

I think he thrives on being centre of attention. 

Wasn’t he also struggling with serious family issues & serious depression?

I think a second chance in a new club (and having to find a fresh start elsewhere in the country) may have been good for him to clear his head.

And yeah, some players do better when they’re given more opportunities to be big players elsewhere.

I think him moving to West Ham would be best for all parties involved. He’s playing the best football of his life, West Ham are looking pretty good (a bit shit at the back though) with him, and he wasn’t working out at United and they can make a decent sum off his good form since leaving on loan.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Mate we never beat Arsenal away and that happened this season. If ever there was a time to do it, this season would be it.

I agree with you and largely think these things are a bit irrelevant in the grand scheme xD but they intrigue me. It's a very bizarre record though. 1994 since their last loss here. That is a mental record.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lingard looks like a completely different player though. It’s actually absolutely ridiculous how much he’s improved.

Always scores past us. He was a very obvious FPL pick this week actually. Speaking as someone who didn't do it.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fernandes has over 20 goals this season a double number assists. 

So what he can take penalties well, just another string to his bow. 

Bit like his free kick against you, makes it look easy. 😂

3 hours ago, Devil said:

Fernandes has over 20 goals this season a double number assists. 

So what he can take penalties well, just another string to his bow. 

Bit like his free kick against you, makes it look easy. 😂

Take Lingard’s numbers and spread it out over a season & he looks like fucking Messi.

You were holding back England’s most talented player. Shoulda hung onto Moyes, the football genius, instead of messing around with LVG, Mourinho, Ole the man who believes children shouldn’t be fed (how does Rashford play for him?) :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Take Lingard’s numbers and spread it out over a season & he looks like fucking Messi.

You were holding back England’s most talented player. Shoulda hung onto Moyes, the football genius, instead of messing around with LVG, Mourinho, Ole the man who believes children shouldn’t be fed (how does Rashford play for him?) :ph34r:

Take Lingard's numbers and spread it over a season. 

He'd have to keep it up over a season, just because he's had 10 good games doesn't mean he'd keep it up that long. I'm also suspecting a bit of a scouse wind up here as well after reading the two highlighted sentences. 

6 hours ago, Devil said:

Take Lingard's numbers and spread it over a season. 

He'd have to keep it up over a season, just because he's had 10 good games doesn't mean he'd keep it up that long. I'm also suspecting a bit of a scouse wind up here as well after reading the two highlighted sentences. 

Yeah 100% on a windup mate xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived