talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-3 Man Utd - Sunday 11th April, 2021

football forum

2 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

It was an obvious foul. He's hit him in the face. Accidentally, yes, but he's clearly thought Son is closer to him than he is, thrown his hand back and caught him. It's a foul in the middle of the pitch but everyone is wetting their pants because it led to a goal. 

No word about Fernandes pathetically claiming he was elbowed ten minutes later when he wasn't touched at all. 

The whining is embarrassing.

Except it happens and doesn’t get given everywhere on the pitch. The fact you think it’s a foul is more embarrassing. Fernandes was fouled as much as Son (I.e they’re both fannies and neither were fouls), yet you think ones a foul and one isn’t. I wonder why........

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Storts said:

I can’t watch much more of this. Every game that goes by without sacking him is a disgrace. 

The subs today have been an embarrassment too 

I actually feel really sorry for you. As a fan that actually goes to nearly every game it must be horrible for you to watch at home. For you to watch Mourinho destroy all the good work that went before him must be doubly hard to take?

It’s insane that Spurs are likely never going to capitalise on Poch’s period of over performance - all of that extra revenue he brought in through the CL, being an actual contender in Europe, and developing a raft of homegrown talent which (once upon a time) could have generated hundreds of millions of pounds. 

They’ve just smashed all that to bits, in exchange for a fool’s chance at winning a Carabou cup. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I actually feel really sorry for you. As a fan that actually goes to nearly every game it must be horrible for you to watch at home. For you to watch Mourinho destroy all the good work that went before him must be doubly hard to take?

Yeah mate it’s actually truly awful. I was playing golf earlier and I said to my mate that I was getting back to watch the game not because I want to or enjoy it but because I feel an obligation to, buts it’s actually awful just how much he’s destroying what we’ve built over a decade or so. We were so close and with every game we slip further and further away. 

This game summed up everything tottenham under Mourinho honestly. Still can’t get over that Sissoko sub too, but we stopped so deep at the start of the second half; was just waiting for the equaliser. 

United fully deserved it, head and shoulders above us today and for this season. Once that cup final is out the way in 2 weeks I’m going to try and not watch any more football this season. I probably will fail but don’t see the point anymore 

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

They’ve just smashed all that to bits, in exchange for a fool’s chance at winning a Carabou cup. 

In some ways, it would be beneficial for them to get absolutely smashed in that final so that Levy has no where else to go with that call.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

In some ways, it would be beneficial for them to get absolutely smashed in that final so that Levy has no where else to go with that call.

This is a tough one. Obviously I want to win it, can’t not want to win a trophy, but yeah I get your point.

however, I also think it might make things easier. Mourinho can go and do his whole egotistical act, won them a trophy etc after all this time, while we can actually just get rid of him with less fuss 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Machado said:

Pogba is brilliant when he wants. Class, strength, technique, vision... has it all.

Was exceptional second half - mainly when Mourinho changed the system and stopped Hojbjerg doing his job 

As neutral in this game between united and Spurs i just want to understand the rules of var in the epl 

If a player is shielding the ball anywhere in the pitch and strikes the opposing players face (purposely or not) is a foul awarded?  

if the answer is yes then we move to var:

if a foul is committed in the buildup of a play that leads to a goal, does var have the power to overturn or disallow the goal?

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Just goes to show how much of a ridiculous decision it is. It’s either a goal or a sending off. You’re not allowed to touch vaginas without consent though, so I guess he was actually in the wrong.

Just seen the so called foul... The sooner they get to grip with these play acting drama queens the better...  Not on point but did anyone see that Ajax ballboy incident against Roma the other night?? 

Apart from it being a quality throw by the ballboy did you notice how the Roma players first reaction to getting hit in the face was to clutch his chest with both arms like he was having a heart attack and then his knees started to buckle and looked like he was going down... then realised he would not be getting a free kick from  the incident so changed his mind.. I reckon for every player that goes down to the floor should spend a full 15 minutes off the pitch getting proper care and treatment before being allowed back on... just to be sure they are ok like.. :ph34r:

That was as satisfying of a win as I have seen in some time.  I was so angry at half time, almost turned it off.  Thought the players showed a lot of mental strength and mature to come out the second half and concentrate on playing good football.  I think I may have been tempted to stick on on Son.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 1-3 Man Utd - Sunday 11th April, 2021
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just seen the so called foul... The sooner they get to grip with these play acting drama queens the better...  Not on point but did anyone see that Ajax ballboy incident against Roma the other night?? 

Apart from it being a quality throw by the ballboy did you notice how the Roma players first reaction to getting hit in the face was to clutch his chest with both arms like he was having a heart attack and then his knees started to buckle and looked like he was going down... then realised he would not be getting a free kick from  the incident so changed his mind.. I reckon for every player that goes down to the floor should spend a full 15 minutes off the pitch getting proper care and treatment before being allowed back on... just to be sure they are ok like.. :ph34r:

Players going down and rolling on the ground like they have been shot at the slightest touch is one of the main things that hurts the game in North America.  Its always the first thing my non soccer friends will say when the topic of soccer comes up.

Funny meme about soccer players and covid shots.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2504366873205318&id=100008960882639&set=gm.1199451380468747&source=48

1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

Players going down and rolling on the ground like they have been shot at the slightest touch is one of the main things that hurts the game in North America.  Its always the first thing my non soccer friends will say when the topic of soccer comes up.

Funny meme about soccer players and covid shots.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2504366873205318&id=100008960882639&set=gm.1199451380468747&source=48

Looks like he went down early anticipating the jab... 

Great result, win the game in hand it's 8 points. 

Pressure cooker time, 7 games to go. 

We threw away a league when 8 points clear to the blues back in the season I've erased from my memory, can lightning strike twice or is it wishful thinking. 

• Administrator

Can't believe that was given as a foul on Son xDxD. Absolute fucking pansy. 

Cavani's headed goal was decent. Did think Utd deserved the win ultimately. Played the better football and threatened Lloris more than Spurs did to Henderson barring the goal & one Kane shot. 

Glad for it as well. Keeps Spurs at bay a little. Utd have nailed 2nd place.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived