talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-3 Man Utd - Sunday 11th April, 2021

football forum

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Can't believe that was given as a foul on Son xDxD. Absolute fucking pansy

Cavani's headed goal was decent. Did think Utd deserved the win ultimately. Played the better football and threatened Lloris more than Spurs did to Henderson barring the goal & one Kane shot. 

Glad for it as well. Keeps Spurs at bay a little. Utd have nailed 2nd place.

Games gone so soft, imagine the likes of Roy Keane playing in this day and age. 

He'd never be on the pitch. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Can't believe that was given as a foul on Son xDxD. Absolute fucking pansy. 

Cavani's headed goal was decent. Did think Utd deserved the win ultimately. Played the better football and threatened Lloris more than Spurs did to Henderson barring the goal & one Kane shot. 

Glad for it as well. Keeps Spurs at bay a little. Utd have nailed 2nd place.

It was ridiculous, but the inconsistencies in this league is what is making it a joke. Loads of players are going down to buy those things, Rashford did it in the same half. 

Lamela was sent off a few weeks ago for holding off an Arsenal player. That is the world we live in now. It's crazy.

Then you see the Pogba elbow on Aurier that looks more aggressive although probably unintentional and very little has been said about that.

No one has a clue anymore because of the inconsistencies.

20 minutes ago, Devil said:

Games gone so soft, imagine the likes of Roy Keane playing in this day and age. 

He'd never be on the pitch. 

Never mind Roy Keane, what about those of us saw Chopper Harris, Nobby Stiles and Don Revie's Leeds.  Watch the old videos of Georgie Best , he hardly ever went down and he was kicked all over the pitch.  It wasn't because he had so much better balance than players today, he and players of his day didn't go down because the refs just wouldn't have called it a foul.

With the attempts to take contact out of the game and VAR ruling out goals for being a hair off side, they are taking a lot of the joy out of the game for me.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It was ridiculous, but the inconsistencies in this league is what is making it a joke.

Lamela was sent off a few weeks ago for holding off an Arsenal player.

Then you see the Pogba elbow on Aurier that looks more aggressive although probably unintentional and very little has been said about that.

There's been several incidents where there's been inconsistencies, and definitely more contact like @DeadLinesman mentioned with Diagne/Maguire (?) but fouls not given. 

I don't envy the job referees have to do but they do sometimes make life harder for themselves with less common sense used each time...

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

There's been several incidents where there's been inconsistencies, and definitely more contact like @DeadLinesman mentioned with Diagne/Maguire (?) but fouls not given. 

I don't envy the job referees have to do but they do sometimes make life harder for themselves with less common sense used each time...

Ideally, they need to get together and have a review of the season and seriously have some common sense across the board about how they go forward next season and try to iron out the inconsistencies.

They seem to be looking for a reason to not give goals when they should actually be saying, is it enough to not give it? Likewise with red cards, and I'm thinking of Lamela's and Soucek's here.

I know it'll never be perfect but I'm sick to the teeth of seeing things happen in one game and then the same in another with totally different outcomes. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Hearing Son's interview after was tough. Usually such a happy guy. Seems completely dejected due to the environment he's in.

Probably feeling guilty as fuck after the amateur dramatics he showed during the game

I can't believe the big deal here. A player who is hit in the face in a blatant foul having the decision treated like it's the greatest outrage in the history of forever. This doesn't get the slightest bit of coverage if it doesn't lead to a goal and players go down all the time in that situation because being caught in the face when the other guy is moving at full speed actually hurts. You see an incident like that once a game. It's hilarious how this has offended some people's sense of "manhood". That's the embarrassing bit.

Rashford was worse earlier in the game. It was a foul because he was caught on the calf but he went down clutching his face when the player never even caught him there. But it didn't lead to a goal and he's a good English lad so it's obviously let go. Fernandes is possibly the biggest cheat in the league so Ole can take his sanctimonious pearl-clutching and stick it up his arse. United's players reaction until half time after was absolutely pathetic - like small children having been told "no". We all get decisions against us we don't like but when it happens to United, who also get their fare share, it's the worst insult in the history of forever. They'll be calling for a two week enquiry next. I say that as someone who generally quite likes United as well.

That being said:

United deserved to win because they were by far the better team in the second half. Our so-called "manager" is pathetic. There was a good article in The Guardian that gave this quote:

Fear has become the defining principle of late-period Mourinho. “He who has the ball has fear” remains the most resonant of the core principles laid out in Diego Torres’s biography. There is a stage in the life of almost all public figures when they lapse into self-parody, when they stop asking themselves what the right solution is and instead apply the most characteristic solution.

It happened to Arsène Wenger, it happened to Martin Amis, it happened to Margaret Thatcher. Wenger stopped asking: “How do I achieve the best possible solution to this problem?” and instead started asking: “What is the most Wengerian response to this problem?” The benefits of experience can lapse easily into templating.

Spot on. 

In Mourinho's case, it's narcissism. "I am a genius, there is no other way to play but my way" without any taking into consideration of how to actually get the best out of the players he's got.

We were one-up, whatever you think of the disallowed goal, we had United absolutely rattled (someone may have gotten sent off) and the entirety of this season has proved that we are not good enough to sit back and simply kill games off by "low block" (his obsession) and that our only strength lies in dominating and imposing ourselves on the opponent. 

Yet he still tries it. If it fails against Newcastle, how's it going to succeed against an infinitely better team in United? 

He has no idea. 

The only saving grace if we achieve nothing this year (which looks likely) is that there are a lot of top strikers up for sale this summer and a lot of clubs with financial problems so Kane might not get out and a new manager might be the refresh the club needs. But we're seriously paying for Levy's man-crush at the moment.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

I can't believe the big deal here. A player who is hit in the face in a blatant foul having the decision treated like it's the greatest outrage in the history of forever. This doesn't get the slightest bit of coverage if it doesn't lead to a goal and players go down all the time in that situation because being caught in the face when the other guy is moving at full speed actually hurts. You see an incident like that once a game. It's hilarious how this has offended some people's sense of "manhood". That's the embarrassing bit.

Son got hit on the right side of his face.

He goes down holding the left side of this face. 

That's the embarrassing bit.

To me, that shows more fakery from him because it has become natural instinct these days to just hold any part of your body in the close vicinity of where the actual place you got hit.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Son got hit on the right side of his face.

He goes down holding the left side of this face. 

That's the embarrassing bit.

To me, that shows more fakery from him because it has become natural instinct these days to just hold any part of your body in the close vicinity of where the actual place you got hit.

C’mon mate. Son was a stone cold foul, but apparently Rashford and Bruno going down at slight contact is a disgrace!!! 9_9

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

C’mon mate. Son was a stone cold foul, but apparently Rashford and Bruno going down at slight contact is a disgrace!!! 9_9

Fernandes is a cunt of the highest order and goes down at slight contact every game so yes, that is a disgrace as well :ph34r:

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Agreed, they’re all fannies. Just some people can admit to it when it’s their team.

You sir, are correct.

2 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Never mind Roy Keane, what about those of us saw Chopper Harris, Nobby Stiles and Don Revie's Leeds.  Watch the old videos of Georgie Best , he hardly ever went down and he was kicked all over the pitch.  It wasn't because he had so much better balance than players today, he and players of his day didn't go down because the refs just wouldn't have called it a foul.

With the attempts to take contact out of the game and VAR ruling out goals for being a hair off side, they are taking a lot of the joy out of the game for me.

Watched them pal, dad made me as a child. 

I find this modern game alien from the game I grew up loving. I miss the crash tackles, this has become like a computer game, the ball moves round the field and your almost shocked at the softest of tackles. 

It's become a bit shit.

Fernandes and Rashford went down with no contact to their face.

Son was hit and went down. I don't think it was deliberate, I think McTominay thought Son was closer to him than he actually was and tried to fend him off but ended up catching him. It's a foul. 

Short of Solskjaer's bizarre and disturbing obsessions with not feeding his children, he is in no position to claim his team are being "conned".

If Mourinho can't point to a trophy wins, he really has nothing left. Even after his Man United stint, he could point to having won the League Cup and Europa League and that was enough to keep his reputation alive to some extent in this country. If he somehow manages to win the league cup, he'll be able to highlight that it's Spurs' first trophy in so long etc, no matter how the season finishes. With a cup win, he and his advocates will be able to point to the supposed winning mentality he has installed at the club which will help keep some of his reputation intact.

I don't watch Spurs a lot but when I do there are some similarities to his second spell with us. For a period the players buy into his ideas and you get some good results but eventually, the tactics and playing style becomes stale. The identity is built on staying compact and relying on individual brilliance in games, the defensive solidarity provides the players with a good base, it provides protection, builds confidence and the results come with the individual quality of those in attack. Games are won in periods of matches and with better quality players available compared to most teams in the league, teams can more or less be bullied for their mistakes. Once however that defensive base starts going and the team starts conceding, the machine stops working and the team starts becoming incredibly reactive in games, rather than proactive.

The most frustrating thing for me when he was at Chelsea (the 2nd spell) and maybe the United and Spurs will agree, once things go stale and results start to slide, there's little initiative taken in games and the players react to events, rather than taking control of games. I'm not saying you have to play progressive and attacking football to take the initiative in games either, it's not exclusive either way. I always just found his teams in these difficult moments, very passive and reactive, with no clear plan. Plan A has gone, the players look a bit lost and it comes just incredibly passive and it's not necessarily solely the by-product of playing conservative football either.

He should have left this country a while back and gone elsewhere, he's stayed in this country too long. Another country in a new environment would have done him good, I think the majority of football fans in this country have finally worked him out now.

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Agreed, they’re all fannies. Just some people can admit to it when it’s their team.

None of these footballers would last 10 minutes on a rugby field, they would be phoning the Samaritans help line by half time :4_joy: 

tenor.png

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Just seen Mourinho’s response to Ole’s comment about not feeding his son. 

Someone take this man to a retirement home. 

“You steal to feed your kids”

Jose would throw his son under the bus to create a diversion so he could steal the last scrap of food for himself.

• Subscriber

The good old days when footballers weren't fannies when they got tackled and went down, they just got up and continued on...with a few punch up, not roll around the ground as if they had been hit by an express train... xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived