talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

football forum

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

And yet the comments about his speech still continue. Such a weird thing to get at him for. Is it jealousy? It's school-playground kid stuff. 

It's just funny? And Englishman who can't speak English so much as chew it up and gargle it out. 
I enjoy dumb people being dumb too(Rooney) Idiots being idiots(Balotelli) Why can't I enjoy this? 

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind seeing harry kane at man city. Its always good to see a good quality English player and pep will make him better. I think city would prefer Haaland though as he could become the best player in the world and hes only 20.

I think if Kane wants to win trophies then he has to move elsewhere but I just can't see him joining another premier league side.. He could just end up being one of those players that retires in a Spurs shirt regardless of what he wins.. 

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think if Kane wants to win trophies then he has to move elsewhere but I just can't see him joining another premier league side.. He could just end up being one of those players that retires in a Spurs shirt regardless of what he wins.. 

Apparently Levy's ruled out selling him to any English club (which is understandable, I'd do the same if I were him) and has set an outrageous pricetag on him.

It will be difficult for Kane to leave, imo, unless he does some dirty shite like refuse to turn up for training/refuse to play. And if he does that, I think he'll harm his image with Spurs fans... which I'm not sure he'd really want to do (at least, I wouldn't if I were in his shoes).

Obviously, City have the money to where they could just roll up and change Levy's mind with an outrageous sum. But I think that might also put Levy under a ridiculous amount of pressure from Spurs fans (tbh, I think he's feeling a lot of it already) - to not financially support a promising side with Kane to having to sell him to fund a new re-build (after following a re-build season) & let so many competitors do more than just catch up to Spurs... I really think he's probably very unpopular with a lot of Spurs fans already.

The biggest issue is if they sell Kane to finance another rebuild... are they going to do that with Mourinho? Because I think most Spurs fans don't trust his footballing vision enough to want to back him. And if it's to finance another rebuild... and finance sacking off Mourinho... that's just going to look like an absolute clusterfuck to the fans, imo. 

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Obviously, City have the money to where they could just roll up and change Levy's mind with an outrageous sum.

Of course they do and at a push I think we could find the money for a one off purchase like Kane but even if either did stump up a silly amount of cash for him unless he actually wants to leave the club the whole thing would be pointless... could you imagine telling him that they have accepted an offer and he needs to be on his bike after giving his all to Spurs?? I just don't see it happening especially over here, maybe abroad at a push but even then it would need to be a team that challenges for trophies on a regular basis.. 

He could end up being like Gerrard.. Enjoying the highs when they have them but ultimately a player that would be loyal to the club regardless... Also like Gerrard and like Hazard was for us Kane is the jewel in their crown and staying where he is allows him a certain status within the club and he is probably happy with that situation but if he moved to a club like Madrid or PSG for example I am not sure he would maintain that status... 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hazard going to Real didn't ruin his status though. 

Idk about that. He went from being considered close to world class, if not world class already, to being a sicknote that Real Madrid fans seem to want to see leave ASAP.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Idk about that. He went from being considered close to world class, if not world class already, to being a sicknote that Real Madrid fans seem to want to see leave ASAP.

I mean with us. Some fans completely hate him now and don't consider him a legend. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I mean with us. Some fans completely hate him now and don't consider him a legend. 

for all the Chelsea fans that don't, there's enough Leicester fans that do ;) 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I can't say I have heard any Chelsea fan bad mouth him myself but then I don't have the likes of Twitter to wade through each day... The bloke was a star, could turn a game on it's head in one moment of brilliance and it was inevitable that he would move on at some point and also he had already won plenty of Silverware with us so it's not as though he left empty handed... I just think it's a shame he has had nothing but injury after injury since moving which has not given the Madrid fans much to cheer about... looking back we had a great 7 years of him playing for us for which I will always be thankful for... 

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I can't say I have heard any Chelsea fan bad mouth him myself but then I don't have the likes of Twitter to wade through each day... The bloke was a star, could turn a game on it's head in one moment of brilliance and it was inevitable that he would move on at some point and also he had already won plenty of Silverware with us so it's not as though he left empty handed... I just think it's a shame he has had nothing but injury after injury since moving which has not given the Madrid fans much to cheer about... looking back we had a great 7 years of him playing for us for which I will always be thankful for... 

Agreed. 

Him turning shit and trolling Real Madrid with his injuries and coming back overweight only enhances his status imo. xD

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

Aguero replacement coming in the summer if any of this is true.

As in he'll be Aguero's replacement? 

Apparently wants to stay in Premier League (chasing that record to be fair) so Man City would be the ones that can afford him. 

I think this will be the summer he eventually leaves. Also meaning @Storts gives up on football forever.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

SKY reporting Harry Kane has yet again informed Spurs his desire to leave. City, United, and Chelsea have all been in contact with his representatives. 

For the 8th time this month sky run the same story, it’s pathetic how much they are desperate for him to move and create news.

Still not happening in a condensed covid market with 3 years left on his deal 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Apparently wants to stay in Premier League (chasing that record to be fair) so Man City would be the ones that can afford him. 

I think this will be the summer he eventually leaves. Also meaning @Storts gives up on football forever.

Correct. If it happened. Which I highly doubt 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yeah he would replace Sergio which I also think would afford City a whole new dimension of attack and holding play. But, I can't take any of this seriously till he actually comes out and says it or the club does. This has happened before and has gone to the wayside as its just rumours right now.

City also have the money to make this happen now and with FFP out of the way I think this could work out for them. Spurs would make a killing on this sale and can use it to bolster other positions. The sale would also give their new manager in the summer more funds to work with I'd imagine so it may be a win-win all around. 

Only sides I think can afford him would be City & Chelsea. And I can't see Levy selling to Chelsea unless he's getting an absolutely outrageous fee from them (which, tbf... he could extract that from them). I think he'd be more inclined to sell to City between the two, though.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Only sides I think can afford him would be City & Chelsea. And I can't see Levy selling to Chelsea unless he's getting an absolutely outrageous fee from them (which, tbf... he could extract that from them). I think he'd be more inclined to sell to City between the two, though.

No chance we’d ever sell to Chelsea. The two clubs don’t do business

• The title was changed to Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

Archived