talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

football forum

5 minutes ago, shut up said:

Storts being deluded again. :ph34r:

Zero chance Kane stays at Spurs next season. you're kidding yourself

I wouldn't say zero chance. Didn't you guys face the same with Henry? You kept him longer than many thought. 

It's a big transfer to settle financially to keep everyone happy. There are no guarantee's in the current climate.

But I do think he's had a gutful. If it's to happen, he may need to show willing to sacrifice what he wants.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Storts being deluded again. :ph34r:

Zero chance Kane stays at Spurs next season. you're kidding yourself

To be fair this rumour has reared it's head every summer for the past 3 or 4 seasons and he does end up staying xD 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

To be fair this rumour has reared it's head every summer for the past 3 or 4 seasons and he does end up staying xD 

I was going to say. We have this every single summer. I’m sure the racist one says the same every summer too.

There is very little reason for us to sell with 3 years left on his deal and he’s highly unlikely to kick up any sort of fuss externally. I can’t see anyone even coming close to the cash we want either 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I wouldn't say zero chance. That's a big transfer to settle financially to keep everyone happy. There are no guarantee's in the current climate.

But I do think he's had a gutful. If it's to happen, he may need to show willing to sacrifice 

The latter absolutely true. If he truly wanted it to happen he would have to be so out there  with it trying to force it which can you really see Kane doing cause I can’t. I’m sure he would like to leave, I wouldn’t blame him. Just can’t see it for a variety of reasons. More likely to sign a new deal imo.

30 minutes ago, Storts said:

The latter absolutely true. If he truly wanted it to happen he would have to be so out there  with it trying to force it which can you really see Kane doing cause I can’t. I’m sure he would like to leave, I wouldn’t blame him. Just can’t see it for a variety of reasons. More likely to sign a new deal imo.

If I was Kane and wanted a move away, I think the last thing I'd do is sign a new deal. It might lock him in being the best paid member at Spurs for the rest of his career, but it puts every possible nail into the coffin of him getting a move away.

We wouldn't have resigned Cavani only to sign Kane. 

Our money is going on Sancho a defender and hopefully a midfielder. 

We don't get those three things it's another bog standard season. 

2 hours ago, shut up said:

Comparing that situation to the Kane one? xD

We were one of the best teams in the world when Henry played for us, hence why we kept him for so long.

I meant specifically the time period when he carried you to the Champions League final and the season after that when you fell apart. You weren't the same team that dominated the late 90's, early 00's.

It was a matter of time before Henry went, that was all the speculation and any minute longer he stayed seem ludicrous.

• Administrator

Daniel Levy absolutely would sell Harry Kane, that is a given, but not for anything less than what he wants for him. I wouldn't even be surprised if he's the source of this story. Given the stadium and the need to bring money in, I think £155m would be very well received. I would be shocked though if anyone is prepared to pay that. 

He can want to leave all he wants, no one's gonna pay what Tottenham want and it's easier to wait for Haaland's clause to kick in at Dortmund for anyone that wants a striker and at the moment I don't think Man City want one in the mould of either, Real Madrid have no money, Barcelona have no money, Juventus have no money, Chelsea just spent a bucket load on Werner and Abramovich is busy funding illegal settlements. Man Utd seems like the likeliest destination but after Cavani extended his contract, they may wait another year.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Haaland, Mbeppe, Messi & Kane would be a good summer for us B|

City sound more like a record label than a football club the way you talk about their summer acquisitions haha.

17 minutes ago, shut up said:

Time to bring him home. B|

image.png.040880dced325c69390b999615a891d9.png

Arsenal have got more chance of signing up Russell Kane than Harry Kane. 

What is the story behind that picture, did he change his club support like Carragher did. 

2_InStyle-EE-Rising-Star-Party-2017.jpg

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Batard said:

Daniel Levy absolutely would sell Harry Kane, that is a given, but not for anything less than what he wants for him. I wouldn't even be surprised if he's the source of this story. Given the stadium and the need to bring money in, I think £155m would be very well received. I would be shocked though if anyone is prepared to pay that. 

Do you think? I don’t.

He stepped in because he refused to sell Ndombele. He stepped in because he refused to sell Alli. You don’t think he would do the same for Kane.

Ever since Berbatov Levy changed, there is not a chance he would sell Kane imo. Rightly or wrongly (and if you look at other clubs you could argue wrongly) Levy just refuses to sell our top players at peak value now. 

Also humouring it *if* he sold him he would be fully expected to reinvest the whole of the funds into the playing squad so doesn’t help the money side anyway

Levy is already in the worst place he’s been with the fans in his two decades as chairman. No way he risks selling Kane 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Devil said:

Arsenal have got more chance of signing up Russell Kane than Harry Kane. 

What is the story behind that picture, did he change his club support like Carragher did. 

2_InStyle-EE-Rising-Star-Party-2017.jpg

He was in Arsenals academy, briefly, for that season and went along to the parade with the rest of the youth team 

One thing is for sure he absolutely loves a goal against Arsenal 

• The title was changed to Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

Archived