talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

football forum

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I can tell you now them figures are nowhere near correct lol  ..he's not coming straight in and getting more than De Bruyne, only him and Sterling are on big wages, our 3rd highest paid player is Bernardo who gets 150k a week 

City are desperate to get Kane, 100% they'd pay more than De Bruyne and Sterling now to get their man. 

They will just bump De Bruyne and Sterling's wage up further down the line and let's not forget the whole world knows you're as dodgy as it comes when it comes to finances. De Bruyne will be on far more than the quoted figure a week. 

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Dan said:

Supposedly £160mil and £400k a week has been agreed for a move to Man City.

They could be scary good if it's legit.

I read it as David Ornstein said it would take an obscene amount of money north of 150 million for Daniel Levy to sell and that story has now snowballed in to an 160 million agreement?

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I read it as David Ornstein said it would take an obscene amount of money north of 150 million for Daniel Levy to sell and that story has now snowballed in to an 160 million agreement?

A quick Twitter search and it seems that the original source of the £160m agreement story is the Sun 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Spike said:

On one hand I like Storts and seeing him lose his club's idol is heartbreaking, but on the other hand I like Storts and seeing him lose his club's idol is hilarious

Only if someone pays the money, club still pretty adamant he’s not going anywhere this summer with 3 years on his deal, I’m not convinced either way yet,  but we shall see. It’s pretty heartbreaking though for sure, makes you want to give up on football. People complain about a lack of competitiveness but they (media) won’t be happy until all the best players  are at a very limited number of clubs. It’s the same with Grealish. Hope he stays at Villa 

The Premier League have won a court case to look into the emails that could incriminated City of breaking financial fair play rules. Let's hope they do the correct thing and punish them correctly, if they've been cheating don't fine them, they don't care about fines. Relegate them or deducted a large number of points, monitor them closer in future so they can't do it again. 

As I've been banging on for years now to anyone accepting City and PSG's behaviour. The proof in the pudding it isn't in the short term, it's in the long term when their wealth effectively makes the Champions league and domestic leagues a closed shop. Let's face facts City have done a domestic treble, made the League cup their own, won the Premier league a fair number of times already and won a few Fa Cups. They aren't far from PSG's domestic dominance who themselves only lost a title through pure arrogance and neglect of their own league. 

Once we start seeing City, City, City, PSG, PSG, City, City on the Champions league trophy then football will ruined. 

Look at the Spanish and Italian clubs, they've been pushing up and up their salaries every season to keep ahead of the competition, I doubt they'd have needed to do that without the knowledge the oil clubs would double if not treble a players salary. 

Now people may think it's just pure bitterness on my part because I'm a United fan and yeah we dominated domestically during the 90's & 2000's but the reality is we took advantage of the Asian market and made our wealth in correct manner, we bought players within a budget, granted it was bigger than others but Sir Alex's achievements allowed that. To see clubs like United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Spurs, Everton and so on drop behind a club that's being bankrolled by a bottomless pit it's destroying what we had as a league for the last 100+ years. 

A league where clubs took turns at dominance, the manager mattered more than anything. Pep is incredible but would he be as successful with Wolves squad? no I don't think he would be, but I'd bet good money Nuno would have more than a very good chance of guiding that City squad to the league title. 

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Kane is better than both, despite him being run into the ground and mismanaged by spurs. 

You trolling or do you actually believe that?

Lewandowski not a chance but Haaland yes currently but currently isn't the long term and Haaland will grow into even bigger monster of a player. 

Weird thing about this transfer if it's true, City offer Dortmund 160 million for a player who can leave for 75 million next summer Dortmund rip their hand off. So City would be picking Kane ahead of Haaland. 

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Except of course when he revitalised an ageing and mediocre Barcelona squad, revolutionised how the team played, promoted a bunch of academy players, and won an unprecedented sextuplet. 

He’s not gonna shag you mate (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °)

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Well, i wont know if any of this is true on tell it gets sent to the office for the paperwork to be drawn up, so far there is nothing so...

Oh so that's your job. Teaboy! 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Kane is a better player than Lewandowski. Look at the teams they have both played in for fuck sake. In that Bayern team, Kane would have 30-40 each year as well as assists. 

I’ve been saying this for years and always get destroyed by the bandwagon 😌

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Kane is a better player than Lewandowski. Look at the teams they have both played in for fuck sake. In that Bayern team, Kane would have 30-40 each year as well as assists. 

1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

I’ve been saying this for years and always get destroyed by the bandwagon 😌

I've been saying this guys the best striker in the world for sometime now :ninja:

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Child in watching team his dad played for shocker.

Player in talking to opposition player shocker...

Player in tunnel about to play against opposition shocker

2 hours ago, Rick said:

What the hell does that have to do with anything. Lewandowski has done it for both Dortmund and Bayern and also Poland. 

I could then turn the tables and say Lewandowski has been scoring consistently against the top clubs in the Champions league for over a decade, he absolutely destroyed Madrid one year. Smashing any numbers Kane has been doing in the same competition during that time. 

Kane is brilliant but lets play it like he's been playing for Newcastle, Spurs have been around the top bunch of the Premier league and champions league for the best part of 5 years themselves. It's only recently they've decline. 

1 hour ago, Devil said:

What the hell does that have to do with anything. Lewandowski has done it for both Dortmund and Bayern and also Poland. 

I could then turn the tables and say Lewandowski has been scoring consistently against the top clubs in the Champions league for over a decade, he absolutely destroyed Madrid one year. Smashing any numbers Kane has been doing in the same competition during that time. 

Kane is brilliant but lets play it like he's been playing for Newcastle, Spurs have been around the top bunch of the Premier league and champions league for the best part of 5 years themselves. It's only recently they've decline. 

You’re really comparing Spurs to Bayern Munich because they have played in the same competitions? 

Bayern Munich have always had a much better team than Spurs while Kane has been there. Put Lewandowski in this Spurs side and his numbers wouldn’t be as good. 

2 hours ago, Devil said:

Tbf when Newcastle had someone like Kane… Alan Shearer, I think they were one of the stronger sides in the country more often than not.

Spurs aren’t a bad team, obviously, but for all the good work Levy has done in building Spurs up to a club that can better match fan’s ambitions… where I think he’s badly managed things is trying to turn the corner into a club that can be expected to compete for top honours. They came close but didn’t really refresh the squad quick enough and kind of rested on their laurels and regressed under Poch… and well we can see what’s happened since then and they’re now in a big rebuild kind of back where they started before Poch.

6 hours ago, Tommy said:

160m for Harry Kane? What the hell. 

Means Haaland or Lewandowski should be worth 300m. 

I think that is seriously underrating Kane, tbh. He’s one of the best strikers in Europe who should be rated around as highly as Lewandowski imo (and imo, both are a bit better than Haaland).

You don’t score the most goals in the prem AND get the most assists in the prem, in the same season, without being one of the best strikers in Europe.

I think they’d all go for around the same price, but maybe Haaland going for the most because of youth + Raiola

2 hours ago, Rick said:

You’re really comparing Spurs to Bayern Munich because they have played in the same competitions? 

Bayern Munich have always had a much better team than Spurs while Kane has been there. Put Lewandowski in this Spurs side and his numbers wouldn’t be as good. 

For the record how do you know that for a fact, what's been more than clear over the last ten years you've got Messi's numbers, you've got Ronaldo's numbers and then next in line you have Lewandowski's numbers.

Like Kane he scores all sorts of goals and is equally as good to the build of the teams play. But because Lewandowski moved to a big club you are saying his numbers aren't impressive.

Both players would score similar numbers in either team, not a great deal in it but for me Lewandowski is the better player.

• The title was changed to Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

Archived