• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

football forum

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see it happening to be honest.

- Daniel Levy will not sell to another Premier League club. The day Arsenal started doing that was the day they surrendered any chance of being a top club again. It set a precedent for other players and it became the beginning of the end.

- In an after CoronaVirus world I don't see how any team overseas will be able to afford him. PSG and Juve maybe but they may have other priorities.

20 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

- Daniel Levy will not sell to another Premier League club. The day Arsenal started doing that was the day they surrendered any chance of being a top club again. It set a precedent for other players and it became the beginning of the end.

- In an after CoronaVirus world I don't see how any team overseas will be able to afford him. PSG and Juve maybe but they may have other priorities.

Yeah the article does go into reasons why it would be difficult for Kane to push for a move, those being two of them

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

He has done it before with Berbatov.  Tottenham will need money to pay for the stadium, also they borrowed 100 million from the government to help with payments. 

Regards

Free Online Signature Maker (Type or Draw) | Signaturely

Panna King

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

He has done it before with Berbatov.  Tottenham will need money to pay for the stadium, also they borrowed 100 million from the government to help with payments. 

Regards

Free Online Signature Maker (Type or Draw) | Signaturely

Panna King

If anything, the Berbatov deal still provides a stumbling block. I've never known a transfer deal where the selling club are the ones that get blackballed by a club for how they operated during negotiations xD

• Subscriber

It's all part of the game. I'm not surprised at all - although these stories conveniently come around every time we are about to play Manchester United. Between Kane and Pochettino over the last 5 years. The media are desperate to sell Kane too.

However as I've said before, the chances of this happening are so slim. He has 3 years left on his deal. We are going to want £150 million+ for a 28 year old with dodgy ankles, in a covid world. No one is paying that.

Kane is just using all the cards he has at the moment, finding what ever strengths to improve his position and push the club to actually try and kick on again. Far more likely to sign a new contract than leave imo

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Storts said:

It's all part of the game. I'm not surprised at all - although these stories conveniently come around every time we are about to play Manchester United. Between Kane and Pochettino over the last 5 years. The media are desperate to sell Kane too.

However as I've said before, the chances of this happening are so slim. He has 3 years left on his deal. We are going to want £150 million+ for a 28 year old with dodgy ankles, in a covid world. No one is paying that.

Kane is just using all the cards he has at the moment, finding what ever strengths to improve his position and push the club to actually try and kick on again. Far more likely to sign a new contract than leave imo

Sounds like he's doing a Gerrard and will end up taking a pay cut :clown:

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sounds like he's doing a Gerrard and will end up taking a pay cut :clown:

I think it's more like a Messi situation.... Start some rumours he might quit at the end of the season so everyone rallies around him telling him how special he is and begging him not to leave.. then he just stays and every fan feels like they owe him undying loyalty.... 

On 10/04/2021 at 16:11, Bluewolf said:

I think it's more like a Messi situation.... Start some rumours he might quit at the end of the season so everyone rallies around him telling him how special he is and begging him not to leave.. then he just stays and every fan feels like they owe him undying loyalty.... 

Yeah, pretty sure that's what Zaha does every summer too...

887904443_Screenshot_20210411-203705_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.499abc48342d953fa1c197df6b6d387e.jpg

8 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

With the money involved and Kane's age i hope we go for Haaland or Mbappe  ...Kane would be a good buy though if we cant get the other 2

Kane makes total sense for City, he will be cheaper than the two mentioned, he will want to stay in the Premier League and he's in his prime. 

The fact he's 28 doesn't matter to City, there isn't any balancing of the books exercise at the Etihad so I don't see why City wouldn't go all out to to sign him. 

I'd say Haaland or Mbappe first choices but you've got the two Spanish sides circling so those transfer aren't that easy. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil said:

Kane makes total sense for City, he will be cheaper than the two mentioned, he will want to stay in the Premier League and he's in his prime. 

The fact he's 28 doesn't matter to City, there isn't any balancing of the books exercise at the Etihad so I don't see why City wouldn't go all out to to sign him. 

I'd say Haaland or Mbappe first choices but you've got the two Spanish sides circling so those transfer aren't that easy. 

I don't think Spurs will sell him to an EPL rival, I reckon the likes of Real, Barca or Juve will go for him if it happens.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

I don't think Spurs will sell him to an EPL rival, I reckon the likes of Real, Barca or Juve will go for him if it happens.

Can't see either any of those teams paying over 100 million for a player who's 28. 

The only place Kane will realistically go is City, nobody else can justify close to 150 million for a 28 year old as the finances will kill them. Only the bottomless pit clubs will be able to buy him and I don't see Kane ever wanting to play in France so PSG won't get him regardless of Poch being their manager.

12 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

Don't see why anyone would leave Tottenham for Man Utd or vice versa. 

Who wouldn’t want to come to United. We turn average players into legends like Steve Bruce, who then go on to become phenomenal managers. 

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Can't see either any of those teams paying over 100 million for a player who's 28. 

The only place Kane will realistically go is City, nobody else can justify close to 150 million for a 28 year old as the finances will kill them. Only the bottomless pit clubs will be able to buy him and I don't see Kane ever wanting to play in France so PSG won't get him regardless of Poch being their manager.

Real and Juve have both done that recently (or close). I suppose you could argue that makes them doing it again less likely. The pandemic makes deals like this look difficult but it could only take one huge transfer to get other big ones like this moving

34 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Who wouldn’t want to come to United. We turn average players into legends like Steve Bruce, who then go on to become phenomenal managers. 

It's good to see Man Utd finally victims of the "You played under Alex Ferguson? You'll be a great manager"

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Stan said:

And yet the comments about his speech still continue. Such a weird thing to get at him for. Is it jealousy? It's school-playground kid stuff. 

Why are people racist? Some people just pick at anything different to have a pop at someone - no surprise that Kane (sadly) gets tons of hate because of his speech.

58 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Real and Juve have both done that recently (or close). I suppose you could argue that makes them doing it again less likely. The pandemic makes deals like this look difficult but it could only take one huge transfer to get other big ones like this moving

Juve did it for a global superstar to be fair mate, they usually pick up their players on the cheap if they can.

Real will also no doubt have their sights on Haaland or Mbappe, I don't see them breaking the bank for Kane when there is young blood available. 

• The title was changed to Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

Archived