talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will £34.7m Ederson Moraes Solve Man City's Keeper Problem?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City is gonna go all out this summer, Guardiola back to his best. Buy the best players and win the league, just like he did in Barcelona and Bayern. 

The keeper is a bit pricy, but City is known to pay over the odds, just look at John fucking Stones xD

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Chequebook manager. Mourinho II but with fancy football. 

Would Pep have got Huddersfield out of the Championship? No fucking chance. 

I love idiots like this who blow up and make ridiculous statements like this. 

Why would Guardiola manage Huddersfield Town anyway?

32 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I love idiots like this who blow up and make ridiculous statements like this. 

Why would Guardiola manage Huddersfield Town anyway?

I was just saying that he's good with endless amounts of money and the best players in the world at his disposal, but would he be as good with no money and managing a club that finished 17th the year before in the Championship? 

Pep took over a magnificent Barca side containing the best player in the world, then moved onto Bayern who have the best players from Germany, before moving on to the richest club in England who are now spending like money's gone out of fashion. 

No need for the idiot jibe really is there? 

People thought Bravo was the man for them and it turned out that he wasn't so I think we'll just have to wait and see. I do expect this to be the end for Joe Hart though.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Chequebook manager. Mourinho II but with fancy football. 

Would Pep have got Huddersfield out of the Championship? No fucking chance. 

xD

Ridiculous. It's crazy how much people under appreciate these successful managers just because they've been at big clubs like it's a a guarantee for success. 

Nah, his first stint at Barcelona was special, Bayern was nothing remarkable. Takes a lot of balls to gut Barcelona the way he did, Eto'o, Deco, Zambrotta, and Ronaldinho, while putting all his eggs in youth unproven players like Pedro, Pique, Busquets, etc. He made some fucking shite transfers and he still makes terrible transfers but Barcelona was pretty amazing.

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Nah, his first stint at Barcelona was special, Bayern was nothing remarkable. Takes a lot of balls to gut Barcelona the way he did, Eto'o, Deco, Zambrotta, and Ronaldinho, while putting all his eggs in youth unproven players like Pedro, Pique, Busquets, etc. He made some fucking shite transfers and he still makes terrible transfers but Barcelona was pretty amazing.

If messi didn't turn out to be messi though, and everything else worked out the same way I don't believe they'd have won as much as they did with him honestly. Nothing against the other youth who came to their own during that time.

49 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

xD

Ridiculous. It's crazy how much people under appreciate these successful managers just because they've been at big clubs like it's a a guarantee for success. 

I agree with this sentiment to an extent, but when you have arguably the best player in the world at Barcelona and then Bayern Munich where you were obviously the best team and then bought out the competition... I think this test at City is more of a true challenge at the moment. 

6 hours ago, Toony said:

People thought Bravo was the man for them and it turned out that he wasn't so I think we'll just have to wait and see. I do expect this to be the end for Joe Hart though.

That's exactly it though, Bravo was supposed to be the solution after how well he looked at Barcelona and internationally. I don't think he's a bad keeper but he didn't have the confidence in England and now with them buying another gk that has to shatter his confidence. He needs to get out England or at least City asap. 

Just now, Dickie said:

If messi didn't turn out to be messi though, and everything else worked out the same way I don't believe they'd have won as much as they did with him honestly. Nothing against the other youth who came to their own during that time.

What an odd thing to say. You can literally say that about any variable. If Diego Milito didn't hit form of his life would Inter have won the treble? If Diego Maradona was called for handball would Argentina have won the WC? If Ronaldo  didn't have a seizure would Brazil have won the WC? Pointless ifs.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I was just saying that he's good with endless amounts of money and the best players in the world at his disposal, but would he be as good with no money and managing a club that finished 17th the year before in the Championship? 

Pep took over a magnificent Barca side containing the best player in the world, then moved onto Bayern who have the best players from Germany, before moving on to the richest club in England who are now spending like money's gone out of fashion. 

No need for the idiot jibe really is there? 

I mean if thats your gauge for judging a world class manager theres nothing to be said. None of the "top" managers in the world are going to manage a championship side just to prove something to the naysayers. 

Hes not the second coming of jesus but he is a top class manager and that shouldnt even be a debate to be honest.

What needs to be noted and discussed as a possibility is whether or not Barca would of had that resurgence if Spain hadn't have won Euro 2008.  

Through Aragones, Xavi and Iniesta developed a growing confidence and intricate way of playing football, that only became stronger under Guardiola. 

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

What an odd thing to say. You can literally say that about any variable. If Diego Milito didn't hit form of his life would Inter have won the treble? If Diego Maradona was called for handball would Argentina have won the WC? If Ronaldo  didn't have a seizure would Brazil have won the WC? Pointless ifs.

But you run into those "ifs" when you debate things like managers, nothing is a definite like said before a "top manager" going to a "top club" doesn't mean it's going to equal silverware. That's when you get to start asking those ifs. 

24 minutes ago, Dickie said:

But you run into those "ifs" when you debate things like managers, nothing is a definite like said before a "top manager" going to a "top club" doesn't mean it's going to equal silverware. That's when you get to start asking those ifs. 

No, you don't ask 'ifs' about the past, that is pointless, you ask them about the now. We discover nothing by examining variables of a decade ago.

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

No, you don't ask 'ifs' about the past, that is pointless, you ask them about the now. We discover nothing by examining variables of a decade ago.

Booooo you're no fun

11 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I mean if thats your gauge for judging a world class manager theres nothing to be said. None of the "top" managers in the world are going to manage a championship side just to prove something to the naysayers. 

Hes not the second coming of jesus but he is a top class manager and that shouldnt even be a debate to be honest.

Fair enough, I probably didn't put my point over very well. I know top tier managers aren't going to go and manage a Championship side but what I meant was is that Pep hasn't ever really been tested yet.

It seems City is going to be his biggest test yet and his first season was a little underwhelming (first time no trophies ) He'll probably improve them this coming season but so he should with the amount of money at his disposal. Is it over £100m already and the transfer window isn't even open yet! 

Im not comparing the two in any way here but come on, you could give Fat Sam a few hundred million to build upon what City already had and even he'd challenge for the title. I just think these top tier managers like Pep get an easy ride and get lorded over when they've done nothing more than what was expected.  

Good manager no doubt but hasn't done anything yet to prove he's a great one. 

Archived