talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will £34.7m Ederson Moraes Solve Man City's Keeper Problem?

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fair enough, I probably didn't put my point over very well. I know top tier managers aren't going to go and manage a Championship side but what I meant was is that Pep hasn't ever really been tested yet.

It seems City is going to be his biggest test yet and his first season was a little underwhelming (first time no trophies ) He'll probably improve them this coming season but so he should with the amount of money at his disposal. Is it over £100m already and the transfer window isn't even open yet! 

Im not comparing the two in any way here but come on, you could give Fat Sam a few hundred million to build upon what City already had and even he'd challenge for the title. I just think these top tier managers like Pep get an easy ride and get lorded over when they've done nothing more than what was expected.  

Good manager no doubt but hasn't done anything yet to prove he's a great one. 

Ill still debate that Big Boned Sam could have walked into Barcelona and won the treble that season. Pep made a ton of changes to that team and im sure your well aware of the bold moves he made and the promotion of certain players and moving out the Eto'o's (i dont know how to make that plural lmao) on the team, the ageing stars as it where. 

Im with you in that City is by far his biggest challenge and he has alot to prove there still to say the least. Its also not his fault he has alot of deadweight on the wage bills. Looking at their roster before he joined would you think they should be contenders? to be fair he did spend alot like and more already as you mention but hes got to be given a least another season to see what can be done. If after that he fails, he fails. It still wouldnt change my opinion of him.

Watching him work with our squad for three seasons was interesting to see a few things. I can only think of a handful of players that didnt look to improve durring his tenure here. There was a clear system and purpose and when the players baught in it was very easy on the eyes. The young players where given a chance and if/when they excelled such as Kimmich he had full trust in them.

I have nothing against Ancelotti but if i was offered the chance to have Pep back i would take it in a heart beat. It says alot that our management still wanted to extend him even without achieving "the" goal.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Guardiola wanted Gerónimo Rulli from Real Sociedad (I believe he was once on City's books) and the player refused to move there from what I've read. 

What the hell happened with him? Am I totally imagining this, or was he not on City's books for half a season? 

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ill still debate that Big Boned Sam could have walked into Barcelona and won the treble that season. Pep made a ton of changes to that team and im sure your well aware of the bold moves he made and the promotion of certain players and moving out the Eto'o's (i dont know how to make that plural lmao) on the team, the ageing stars as it where. 

Im with you in that City is by far his biggest challenge and he has alot to prove there still to say the least. Its also not his fault he has alot of deadweight on the wage bills. Looking at their roster before he joined would you think they should be contenders? to be fair he did spend alot like and more already as you mention but hes got to be given a least another season to see what can be done. If after that he fails, he fails. It still wouldnt change my opinion of him.

Watching him work with our squad for three seasons was interesting to see a few things. I can only think of a handful of players that didnt look to improve durring his tenure here. There was a clear system and purpose and when the players baught in it was very easy on the eyes. The young players where given a chance and if/when they excelled such as Kimmich he had full trust in them.

I have nothing against Ancelotti but if i was offered the chance to have Pep back i would take it in a heart beat. It says alot that our management still wanted to extend him even without achieving "the" goal.

That's fair enough mate, you've seen how he works in much more depth than I have. 

I'm probably doing him a disservice. 

22 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

So do i  ..id even pay his travel expenses :ph34r:

He was the best keeper in the world this time last year

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

What the hell happened with him? Am I totally imagining this, or was he not on City's books for half a season? 

I don't know but I bet Guardiola must be asking questions of the technical staff because he's a brilliant young prospect. 

On 01/06/2017 at 1:58 PM, Smiley Culture said:

I love idiots like this who blow up and make ridiculous statements like this. 

Why would Guardiola manage Huddersfield Town anyway?

He wouldn't. But it would be more impressive to go to a team like spurs or liverpool and see what he can do there. Winning the league with one of those 2 would be more impressive than man city

36 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He wouldn't. But it would be more impressive to go to a team like spurs or liverpool and see what he can do there. Winning the league with one of those 2 would be more impressive than man city

And surely winning the Champions League with City is impressive?

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

And surely winning the Champions League with City is impressive?

Well obviously but i doubt he will. He is a great coach no doubt. But i don't think he is the best in England 

Archived