Everton - DLLLW

Last 3 Meetings
03/10/2020 - Everton 4-2 Brighton
11/01/2020 - Everton 1-0 Brighton
26/10/2019 - Brighton 3-2 Everton

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

🗣 Carlo Ancelotti: "André Gomes is not available. We are checking Allan. He trained normally this morning. But we have three days to wait to see how it goes. Maybe he can be available." 

🗣 Carlo Ancelotti: "Iwobi will be available. Pickford started training this week but I think is not 100%. We don't want to take a risk for this game. Delph and Bernard are following their individual programme."

• Subscriber

I really, really can't be arsed with us anymore. Obviously I'll still be watching this but the last few games have had all of the hallmarks of "we're Everton, and no matter how many points the teams above us drop, we WILL play exactly badly enough to finish below them whether you like it or not".

Honestly feels like we'd snatch your hand off for 7th now, which I suppose would mark a successful season, but we should have made more of it.

• Subscriber

So just Pickford, Gbamin, Delph, Gomes, Allan, Doucoure, King, Bernard and Calvert-Lewin missing tonight. What the fuck are they doing to them down at Finch Farm? Six defenders in the starting lineup, no out and out strikers with two goalkeepers, a half-fit Iwobi and half the under 13s making up the bench.

I can't even be arsed making a catty comment about how other managers would be carrying themselves in the same circumstances.

Brighton 2-0 Everton

This'll end like 3-1 to Everton, despite Brighton looking not so shite over 90 minutes - just assuming because I've seen Brighton play really well and be rewarded with an awful result because of individual errors and dogshite finishing

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@RandoEFC should be an easy win for you. So you will probably loose wont you ?

On what planet is this an easy win for us? We haven't had an easy win since about October and have you seen the state of that team sheet I've posted? We also drew at home to Palace a few days ago. We will pick up form again but only when we've made absolutely fucking sure we aren't getting into Europe.

• Subscriber

This depressing as fuck. Without Doucoure we must have comfortably thr worst midfield in the league out of possession. We have no idea what we're doing going forward either which is unsurprising given that it's been about 10 years since we actually kept a lineup or even our shape consistent for 2 games on the bounce. No pace, no height, next to nothing in transition. There's exhibit A, we're gifted possession and Brighton's midfield gets back to stop Sigurdsson getting the shot off at a canter. That happens at the other end it's a shot on target for them. Our injury list is a joke but if we're being honest, Calvert-Lewin and Doucoure are the only ones you could put out there instead and see an appreciable difference. The only upside is that the defence have kept it tight.

That was garbage.

I know they had injuries but Everton aren't the most entertaining at the best of times anyway. If you are Brighton fan, you have to be wondering how you haven't capitalised on that.

23 shots and yet I think maybe a couple were threatening at best. Poor finishing which sums up why Brighton are where they are.

• Subscriber

I'm actually furious at how awful that was. A part of me is actually annoyed that we didn't lose because that performance deserved nothing. What a waste of a season. We'll be lucky to fend off Arsenal and Leeds. Absolute garbage. I don't know how I've survived watching us just not have a midfield for two entire seasons without topping myself. Even Brighton, the definition of also rans with next to nothing to play for, walked through our midfield as if it wasn't there. I like Davies, Sigurdsson, Gomes, but they're useless without the ball. Richarlison doesn't have the physical attributes to play as a lone striker.

What was the point in signing Josh King by the way? Probably got the hump because he hasn't got a game despite showing nothing in any of his sub appearances and presumably training either. Where the fuck is our squad as well? I'd happily see Delph never pull on an Everton shirt again but where is he? Where's Bernard? Why are the top under 23 players only good enough for 2 minute cameos when the senior players are turning out absolute dross?

Ancelotti has worked wonders to keep this mess of a squad anywhere near Europe for this long but the jig is up now. The constant changing formations have taken their toll. We have a good starting eleven, we need to build a squad where the backup players can slot into one of 2-3 known game plans. We can't persist with Sigurdsson acting as our replacement for Doucoure, Iwobi as backup for Rodriguez, nothing as backup for Calvert-Lewin, centre backs as backup for Digne and Coleman.

I could go on but I'm bored now. I refuse to complain about injuries tonight when more than half of our players have performed several notches below their ability.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm actually furious at how awful that was. A part of me is actually annoyed that we didn't lose because that performance deserved nothing. What a waste of a season. We'll be lucky to fend off Arsenal and Leeds. Absolute garbage. I don't know how I've survived watching us just not have a midfield for two entire seasons without topping myself. Even Brighton, the definition of also rans with next to nothing to play for, walked through our midfield as if it wasn't there. I like Davies, Sigurdsson, Gomes, but they're useless without the ball. Richarlison doesn't have the physical attributes to play as a lone striker.

What was the point in signing Josh King by the way? Probably got the hump because he hasn't got a game despite showing nothing in any of his sub appearances and presumably training either. Where the fuck is our squad as well? I'd happily see Delph never pull on an Everton shirt again but where is he? Where's Bernard? Why are the top under 23 players only good enough for 2 minute cameos when the senior players are turning out absolute dross?

Ancelotti has worked wonders to keep this mess of a squad anywhere near Europe for this long but the jig is up now. The constant changing formations have taken their toll. We have a good starting eleven, we need to build a squad where the backup players can slot into one of 2-3 known game plans. We can't persist with Sigurdsson acting as our replacement for Doucoure, Iwobi as backup for Rodriguez, nothing as backup for Calvert-Lewin, centre backs as backup for Digne and Coleman.

I could go on but I'm bored now. I refuse to complain about injuries tonight when more than half of our players have performed several notches below their ability.

On the plus side Ben Godfrey is excellent and it’s only a matter of time before he gets a senior call up 

16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That was garbage.

I know they had injuries but Everton aren't the most entertaining at the best of times anyway. If you are Brighton fan, you have to be wondering how you haven't capitalised on that.

23 shots and yet I think maybe a couple were threatening at best. Poor finishing which sums up why Brighton are where they are.

If Brighton were as threatening in front of goal as some of their play might have you believe, I think they'd easily be in the top half. They play nice stuff, but they're so shit in front of goal & they always seem to be one or two moments of madness at the back from being down when their play would have you think they should be up... it's absolutely why they're where they are despite playing better football than many of the clubs around them.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Brighton were as threatening in front of goal as some of their play might have you believe, I think they'd easily be in the top half. They play nice stuff, but they're so shit in front of goal & they always seem to be one or two moments of madness at the back from being down when their play would have you think they should be up... it's absolutely why they're where they are despite playing better football than many of the clubs around them.

And to be frank, you could say the same about Fulham.

Easier on the eye than some, build up play is decent, look threatening, get to the edge of the area...and no one has a clue.

Ultimately, zero cutting edge gets you nowhere.

The fact Brighton spent all that money on Maupay who is a useless finisher at this level and got Welbeck on a free who at least looks more of a threat speaks volumes about where Brighton are at.

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Easier on the eye than some, build up play is decent, look threatening, get to the edge of the area...and no one has a clue.

The fact Brighton spent all that money on Maupay who is a useless finisher at this level and got Welbeck on a free who at least looks more of a threat speaks volumes about where Brighton are at.

Maupay has good movement and links up brilliantly. Only seems to score the hard ones thoughxD

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Maupay kind of sums them up as a team. I never quite got the Welbeck signing though. He's never been a prolific striker. If finishing chances is your problem then he really isn't what you need to fix things. Not a bad player but not really the missing piece.

You do wonder how an Ivan Toney does for them.

19 hours ago, Lucas said:

They spent a decent amount on Jahanbahksh after he had a really great goalscoring season in the Netherlands and finished top scorer. But he's never really clicked in England.

Archived