talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

1. FC Köln sack Gisdol - Funkel to take over

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Will be interesting to see whether Funkel can rescue them.

Hopefully they'll get the play-off spot, and we somehow manage to get the play-off spot, and then we will make them ,and especially him, suffer! 

2 hours ago, McAzeem said:

I used to simulate all the cup competitions on FIFA 15 to have my own cup winners cup.

Koln used to win the DFB Pokal occasionally for some reason.

Goes to show you that FIFA is shit. 

Bin ich mal gespannt, glaub aber nicht so wirklich dran, dass er Köln noch rettet. Wobei, Mainz hat zB noch ein brutales Restprogramm.

Das Funkel das macht, wundert mich aber ehrlich gesagt nicht. Hat ja schon gesagt, dass er wegen Corona nochmal was machen will und er war jetzt für mich eh nicht der Typ, der sich jemals groß mit seinen jeweiligen Vereinen identifiziert hat.

Ist halt in erster Linie immer gerne Fußballtrainer gewesen und ist schon jemand, der es auch genießt gefragt zu sein.

I have kept out of the Koln problems but have to admit that I am not upset by this decision.  The man departing took my young friend from Palace and then did what Hodgson has been doing - sat him on the bench when his ability and experience is better than most of those who were playing - that sort of management deserves this result - even if one only considers what he is paying for a young guy to sit on the bench every game.  but the, as Faithcore say, most people would love the chance and take it if offered!  Personally I am still recovering from the shock after yesterday's result:tumbleweed: (even though I forecast it on the BL predictions list!)

Gisdol should have gone weeks, if not months, ago.  Considering how bad the bottom of the table clubs can be I wouldn't say they were sunk yet.  I thought they had a chance yesterday... they fielded their strongest line-up this season with Kainz and Andersson returning, but defensively they are abysmal.  I think the glaring difference in the game was the amount of fight Mainz have in them since Svensson took over.

I'm starting to pull for Bielefeld as they continue to pull themselves out of the muck time and time again.  Not sure what their run-in looks like but I'd love to see Bielefeld stay up at the expense of Hertha.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wtf. What did he say? o.O

He basically said Leverkusen won because: "well, I can't say certain terms anymore...... fast players". Refering to the black players apparently. xD I'm no SJW by any means, but that does sound a bit odd the way he put it. 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He basically said Leverkusen won because: "well, I can't say certain terms anymore...... fast players". Refering to the black players apparently. xD I'm no SJW by any means, but that does sound a bit odd the way he put it. 

Poor choice of words, that letter does sound a bit as an overreaction though xD

Archived