talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PSG (3) a0-1 (3) Bayern Munich - Tuesday 13th April, 2021 (2nd Leg)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

I’m not blaming VAR for something it’s not being used for. I’m saying it’s fucking stupid that things like that aren’t being looked at by VAR. 

You said 'why didn't VAR interfere and tell the ref it was a foul'. 

Why would it? That's not what it's used for. 

Just now, Stan said:

You said 'why didn't VAR interfere and tell the ref it was a foul'. 

Why would it? That's not what it's used for. 

Okay, but that’s before I knew it wasn’t being used for that. 

It's all over, PSG advance. Unlucky for Bayern with all their injuries, but it was a valiant effort. PSG will remain a real threat in this competition, especially with world class players like Mbappe and Neymar in their team.

• Subscriber

Tough on Bayern but PSG did really well to advance. With Veratti coming back you'd imagine they'll have more control in the midfield. Poch might actually make a UCL final again if they keep going like this.

• Administrator

Love how it was end to end pretty much but there was still tactical battles collectively and also individual battles across the pitch. 

PSG really should have scored a few times. Neuer kept a few out but even then they had several opportunities to score and make Bayern work harder. 

Sounds obvious to say but Bayern clearly lacked Lewandowski. Even if he's not gonna score he at least occupies defences more than anyone else and PSG would have had to work 10x times harder at least. The loss of Marquinhos would have been more obvious. Danilo Pereira was superb though. 

Huge win for PSG as a club,  considering it increases their chances to extend Mbappé and Neymar´s contracts.

I feel like an elimination at this stage could really move the needle for both their stars wanting out. 

Tonight´s game was really entertaining. Great performances all around the pitch, the likes of Neuer, Hernandez, Neymar and Gueye to name a few, were very good. 

If i were Poch, I would rest Mbappé and Neymar in the Ligue 1 matches. 

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

Love how it was end to end pretty much but there was still tactical battles collectively and also individual battles across the pitch. 

PSG really should have scored a few times. Neuer kept a few out but even then they had several opportunities to score and make Bayern work harder. 

Sounds obvious to say but Bayern clearly lacked Lewandowski. Even if he's not gonna score he at least occupies defences more than anyone else and PSG would have had to work 10x times harder at least. The loss of Marquinhos would have been more obvious. Danilo Pereira was superb though. 

Just brutal. There are way too many international matches. 

Losing your star player in a match against freaking Andorra is the kind of stuff that would leave me fuming if I were a Bayern fan.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Just brutal. There are way too many international matches. 

Losing your star player in a match against freaking Andorra is the kind of stuff that would leave me fuming if I were a Bayern fan.

Mate the international breaks this season have been stupid. Let alone it being in the middle of covid-19, but they make it 3 per break as well :dash3:

4 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Bayern lost the tie in first 5 minutes of the first leg when Mbappe scored a soft one against Neuer. 

Generally speaking, dunno why home teams insist on attack in champions league knockout when the away goal rule is in effect. 

Honestly, the first leg was a freak combination of Bayern fucking chances, and PSG creating exactly 3 quality chances and finishing all of them. They were significantly better in attack today and they didn't score once. 

• Subscriber

I have actually no idea how we managed a clean sheet. As the dicker himself said PSG was better in attack today if anything.

Anyways tie kinda went how I figured it would, things just where not lining up going into this. Overall good effort to stay in until the very end but this was not the year. I do hope whether it be Dortmund or City they take out PSG next cus fuck them. Fucking time wasting fucks. First 20 mins was Neymar flopping under any and all contact and even none, Di Maria for another 4 mins under the minimalist of contacts and comes right back on the field after medical staff brought him back to life. At least a match broke out after that for a bit. But fuck me you wouldnt know Paredes was in the match if not for the rolling around on the pitch every chance he could. The icing on the shitpile was Navas running into Paredes off the corner and getting a foul called on Müller xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived