talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (1) 0-0 (3) Real Madrid - Wednesday 14th April, 2021 (2nd Leg)

Sub Mané!! guy is barely running, never at the right spot at the right time and failed so many passes all ready

... so frustrating (others also could be subbed but he is tops on my list atm)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Real would be so lost without Casemiro in this side. Playing like a 1-man midfield now.

Real very wasteful in possession.

Wijnaldum! Has to be hitting the target!!

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Liverpool have dipped so much this season... last season they would have threatened and been creating chances left right and centre... it's been 37 minutes and I don't think they have had a shot on goal yet have they?? 

Salah had one in the first minute or so.

A few big chances in a few minutes now. Madrid will be very lucky not to be behind at half time, they’ve been terrible on the balance of things. 

But their game plan is obviously to just keep hold of the ball and exhaust Liverpool at all costs, and almost kind of sacrifice the first half. So it comes down to who adapts better as fatigue sets in. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool (1) 0-0 (3) Real Madrid - Wednesday 14th April, 2021 (2nd Leg)
  • Administrator
Just now, Inverted said:

Really got to think Jota will be on within 10-15 mins. Liverpool are getting into the box enough, but the sloppiness from Firmino and Mane is unbelievable. 

I'd make the change at HT. 

I usually notice things that Firmino does while others take the limelight but apart from a misplaced pass to TAA, he seems to have been gone missing today. Jota in his place would get far more involved. Can understand why Mane might get taken off but he has that extra about him to make something happen so is worth persisting with.

We played better in that half than we did for the whole first leg - which is good. But we scored less goals than we did in the 10 minute spell where we weren't totally shite in Spain - which is not good.

I think not putting away some of those gilded chances is probably going to come bite us in the arse. But we're playing a lot better than I'd have expected us to play - and if we keep that up in the second half, we've still got a chance. Got to put away some chances though otherwise we're just going to go out.

But at least if we go out, we're putting up more of a fight than we did in the first leg. Because we were fucking rubbish in the first leg.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Was Mane seriously claiming a penalty for that xD 

Don't think he claimed? He clearly slipped. 

Liverpool have been very good, could have easily had at least 2 for their efforts.

Have to say I find the criticism of Mane strange. Been involved in a lot of good things in that half

• Subscriber

I'd be tempted to bring on Jota for Gini and allow Bobby to play a bit further back. playing him in the center will allow for the press on the left and give him and Mane a chance to stretch that side where we've gotten lots of joy tonight.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Don't think he claimed? He clearly slipped. 

Liverpool have been very good, could have easily had at least 2 for their efforts.

Have to say I find the criticism of Mane strange. Been involved in a lot of good things in that half

When he was lying on the floor it looked like he claimed to the ref with both hands up. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived