talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (1) 0-0 (3) Real Madrid - Wednesday 14th April, 2021 (2nd Leg)

7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

LFC fans, considering the injuries and the fact that Robertson and TAA haven't been as solid defensively as they were last season, wouldn't a 3-5-2 be a better system for this team? 

I don't think we have enough CBs for that and our midfield looks pretty fucking shite without Fabinho there

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think with that kind of formation you'd be inviting all the wing issues we had to deal with in the first leg personally. Yes, the midfield gets a bit more busier and that could work to our advantage but the wings being left free would cause us all kinds of problems we cant afford with the defensive group we have playing in CB right now. They need all the help they can get. 

I think a 3-5-2, with Fabinho as a sweeper would give more protection to Kabak and Phillips. 

Also, it would ocuppy the midfield and give Kross less space to pick Liverpool's defence apart with his long-range passing. 

But I guess trying it now would be very risky, right? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Has Klopp ever played with a back 3? Don't recall it at Liverpool but what about Dortmund?

The odd game. Brighton away in about 2017 is one that immediately springs to mind. He played Can, Lovren and Wijnaldum there

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I think a 3-5-2, with Fabinho as a sweeper would give more protection to Kabak and Phillips. 

Also, it would ocuppy the midfield and give Kross less space to pick Liverpool's defence apart with his long-range passing. 

But I guess trying it now would be very risky, right? 

Think it was mentioned earlier in the thread as well. Bobby coming back is good news for us and will add that dimension of pressing on Kroos because its something he does really well. This then allows the fullbacks to push up a bit more. I dont think we've ever really played 3 at the back and trying it now when we need two goals and to not allow them to score any would be a bad time to experiment. 

Sadio needs to put in a real shift today imo.

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think it was mentioned earlier in the thread as well. Bobby coming back is good news for us and will add that dimension of pressing on Kroos because its something he does really well. This then allows the fullbacks to push up a bit more. I dont think we've ever really played 3 at the back and trying it now when we need two goals and to not allow them to score any would be a bad time to experiment. 

Sadio needs to put in a real shift today imo.

Will Mané be on the right flank? TAA will need help big time there, I don't think he can handle Vinícius by himself. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Will Mané be on the right flank? TAA will need help big time there, I don't think he can handle Vinícius by himself. 

Left. Salah is on the right but I'd imagine after the first leg there's going to be a bit of shifting in the mid to afford some cover there. And this is the odd thing about Trent, some days this season hes like a fish out of water but then on others hes razor sharp. I am hoping tonight is razor sharp night.

Just now, Mel81x said:

Left. Salah is on the right but I'd imagine after the first leg there's going to be a bit of shifting in the mid to afford some cover there. 

With Carvajal and Vázquez out, Fede Valverde will be the RB. He's a defensive midfielder by trade, I'm not sure he can stop Sadio.

Mané will have a huge advantage there. Liverpool should concentrate their attacks on the left. 

This could be the key to this game. 

Just now, Mel81x said:

I hate this kind of shit. Why break anything of the bus of the opposition team at all (if it was one of our fans). Such a stupid thing to do.

It absolutely was one of ours.

It's not very mature, and I wouldn't throw a bottle at a bus... but I'm not particularly fussed about it. I do hope Real Madrid make a big deal out of it though, like Man City did. I thought that shite was hilarious.

• The title was changed to Liverpool (1) 0-0 (3) Real Madrid - Wednesday 14th April, 2021 (2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived