talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Odsonne Edouard Joins Crystal Palace

Think it's inevitable that Edouard will be leaving Celtic in the summer, just the matter of where to and how much.

Has been linked in the last week alone with Arsenal, Leicester City and AC Milan, with a fee around £15-20 million a likely outcome as he only has a contract with Celtic until June 2022.

Crystal Palace had previously been linked with a £20 million bid for him in 2019, but I'm assuming that they would not be involved this time around.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

We've been linked for the past 2-3 windows, pretty much since Rodgers came to us to be fair. 

Someone I would happily take and someone I think would do pretty well for us should we sign him. We beat Milan to signing Fofana; would be great if we could beat them again.

I'd love him at Leeds. He is the kind of player that brings a higher quality that improves us, much like Raphinha has.

He was linked last summer to us but I don't think anybody took it seriously. He was way out our reach then.

The price would put us in contention. The manager would put us in contention. But the lack of European football I think is what ultimately would make us lose out.

• The title was changed to Odsonne Edouard - Linked with Leicester, Arsenal & AC Milan
  • Subscriber

I feel like he's an obvious signing really. He's going to be relatively cheap, he's played under Rodgers, he's a decent age, he's different to what we already have, he's got plenty of rave reviews as well even if he's not been as good this season, but Celtic as a whole have gone a bit pear shaped. Just feels an obvious move to me for all parties.

Get rid. 

He is a quality player but it's obvious he was expecting to go last summer. In hindsight, I don't think it would have hurt the team's performances that much if he had went. 

Instead, he has been kept just for the sake of having him halfheartedly tag-along on this disaster season, which has knocked a massive chunk off of his market value to boot. 

20 hours ago, Inverted said:

Get rid. 

He is a quality player but it's obvious he was expecting to go last summer. In hindsight, I don't think it would have hurt the team's performances that much if he had went. 

Instead, he has been kept just for the sake of having him halfheartedly tag-along on this disaster season, which has knocked a massive chunk off of his market value to boot. 

heart wasn't in the game yesterday. Poor poor penalty and an easy, as it turned out, save for Greegs.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
28 minutes ago, Danny said:

This is what Leicester need as along as they keep Barnes, Vardy and Iheanacho 

Agreed. There's some fans (read: imbeciles) who think we should sell Kelechi just because we're signing Edouard. It's fvcking stupid. We need squad depth to manage the games and probably don't have the finances to buy 2 strikers anyway. 

• Subscriber

Yeah selling Iheanacho is silly. He's proven his worth to us, even if you do concede it was a bit of a purple patch I think he's done enough, certainly under Rodgers, to be involved. Some of our fans need to grasp the concept of squad depth. That's how you take the next step. Edouard at £15mil adds that at a reasonable price too.

I'm liking our moves so far this summer. I think Bertrand will come on a free, Soumare is clearly coming, I do think we might sign Tarkowski even if there are ITKs contradicting each other as he has been a target of ours a while. The missing piece therefore is that elusive right winger. Under didn't work out. I think Trincao may be the one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Batard said:

He just surfs Romano's tweets, Kaveh is an absolutely not-in-the-know journo. 

He's an absolute shoe in for Talksport once Sky Sports find someone a quarter decent. Jim White might be irritating, pathetic ball bag on the radio but at least he's networked to a degree where he actually has contacts. This guy just churns out nonsense or info that's half a day old because Sky Sports are not the leader of the pack any more in football news. 

• Subscriber
On 27/08/2021 at 23:05, The Palace Fan said:

Alan Nixon is basically the "now release this" guy that Dougie Freedman has always used so if it's not close I imagine this is a smokescreen for somebody else.

We have a long history with this man. 😂 he’s  a proper 🔔  🔚

• The title was changed to Odsonne Edouard Joins Crystal Palace

Archived