• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

everton.PNG       VS     e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg

Recent Form
Everton - DDLLL
Tottenham - LDWLL

Last 3 Meetings
10/02/2021 - Everton (aet) 5-4 Tottenham (FA Cup)
13/09/2020 - Tottenham 0-1 Everton
06/07/2020 - Tottenham 1-0 Everton

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I really hope there's a semblance of a shape about this formation tonight. Rodriguez is never going to pull his weight off the ball, he makes up for it in his creativity but it's only a net benefit to the team if the other 9 outfield players are picking up his workload when it comes to pressing and winning the ball back. That hasn't happened in recent weeks with Doucoure out of the side. We can't keep playing Rodriguez in a free role and expecting players with the legs of Davies and Sigurdsson to pick up the slack, they aren't made for it and it just results in us constantly chasing the ball around. Looking at the eleven players there I'd prefer to see us go with a 433 and Rodriguez to play as a nominal right sided attacker. I'm not sure about Coleman being benched as he's been one of our best players in the last two tedious performances. Holgate has had good days and forgettable days at right back, tonight it needs to be the former.

We still have an unbalanced squad and several damaging injuries, but if we rock up and serve up another passive, clueless performance tonight it'll be time for us to start having a conversation about Ancelotti's team selections. It's becoming a part of the problem too in my opinion, by far the smallest part but that doesn't mean it should be ignored. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Davies really shouldn't have put that ball out before. Luckily Spurs are garbage as well so they've given us a penalty straight after scoring.

Really wasn't happy with that, fucking stupid. 

Made up we went 1-0 down though, as it means that Spurs are nailed on to fuck it up. Lovely little trip from Regulion.

• Subscriber

Dreadful half of football between two terrible teams. We can’t string two passes together 

That pen decision is a joke, another failure of VAR and the refs in this country but the telling point is how little protest there was from our players. They don’t care at all 

• Subscriber

Shouldn't be level here. Conceded a soft goal, Spurs have been a non-entity aside from that and while we haven't been much better, we've at least created a couple of chances from open play. Rodriguez should have put us in front after the penalty.

Not sure about the penalty. Looked stonewall in real time, slowed down it looks like Rodriguez kicked the ground and the reverse angle didn't really catch whether or not there was contact first. Have to expect for a team that's broken the sound barrier twice in that half from being tickled on the chin, you'd have heard more appeals from the Spurs players if it was an unjust decision.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Shouldn't be level here. Conceded a soft goal, Spurs have been a non-entity aside from that and while we haven't been much better, we've at least created a couple of chances from open play. Rodriguez should have put us in front after the penalty.

Not sure about the penalty. Looked stonewall in real time, slowed down it looks like Rodriguez kicked the ground and the reverse angle didn't really catch whether or not there was contact first. Have to expect for a team that's broken the sound barrier twice in that half from being tickled on the chin, you'd have heard more appeals from the Spurs players if it was an unjust decision.

Our players just don’t care though, not playing for the manager, not playing for each other. Club is broken 

• Subscriber
Just now, Whiskey said:

Spurs have proper given up, don't think I've seen a fall from grace like this in my lifetime.

Champions League final to literally just wandering around the pitch xD, unbelievable.

Yup. Embarrassing 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Spurs have proper given up, don't think I've seen a fall from grace like this in my lifetime.

Champions League final to literally just wandering around the pitch xD, unbelievable.

15 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yup. Embarrassing 

Mourinho has a lot to answer for. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived