The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Semi-Final - Leicester City 1-0 Southampton - Sunday 18th April, 2021

football forum

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hello?

Dear visitor.... We apologise for the absence of any activity in this thread in the meantime please accept some stats until further notice, please be advised that some sort of normal service will resume if Leicester win of course and then the post count will go up.. 

HALF TIME STATS

Southampton with the majority of possession 55%/45%

Leicester with 5 shots v Saints 0 

Zero shots on target by either side so far

3 Corners for Leicester v 1 for Saints

Leicester cheating the most in the first half by committing 7 fouls v Saints 2

• Administrator

Scrappy game. We've had the better of it, slightly. Southampton haven't threatened much apart from a couple of set pieces. 

Vardy should do better with his chance. That ball from Youri was perfect. We need to improve our quicker passing through the pitch and we'll create more. It worked for the chance when Perez crossed too high for Kelechi. 

Really need to take the game to Southampton. Maddison should/probably will come on for Perez at some point. He could be the difference for us. 

8 minutes ago, Devil said:

50/50 final now. 

Leicester fans must be buzzing, City would have gone full strength, not the mix match team that faced Chelsea. 

Huh? City started their first XI bar Steffen? 

• Administrator

52 years since our last FA Cup Final.

Have the unwanted record of being in most finals but not to win it. 

I am quite emotional about it and would obviously love the chance to go. Only 21,000 fans allowed and who knows what the criteria will be. An historical occasion and it can't be played in front of a full capacity crowd, which is a huge shame. 

A little lost for words as to how far our club has come in a short time and how much progression has been made :x 

• The title was changed to FA Cup Semi-Final - Leicester City 1-0 Southampton - Sunday 18th April, 2021
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

I am quite emotional about it and would obviously love the chance to go. Only 21,000 fans allowed and who knows what the criteria will be. An historical occasion and it can't be played in front of a full capacity crowd, which is a huge shame. 

A little lost for words as to how far our club has come in a short time and how much progression has been made :x 

I know you've already witnessed the greatest success story we will see in our lifetime, but a final at Wembley is something special. All those crap Tuesday nights watching your team in the pissing cold rain losing on a Tuesday night 1-0 to the likes of Plymouth and Doncaster suddenly feel worth it for the culmination of that moment when you hear Abide With Me in the stadium. You appreciate that as a football fan of these sides that it's all a journey and that match is closure of a successful chapter. Greedy six fans will never know what it's like. I'm glad the fans will get to see the likes of Jamie Vardy, Kasper Schmeichel and Wes Morgan live that moment.

41 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Huh? City started their first XI bar Steffen? 

They rotated over half the team from midweek. 

Leport, Mendy, Fernandinho, Torres, the goalkeeper... 

They don't start in the strongest eleven. You didn't beat their strongest eleven.

Its as simples as that really. 

5 minutes ago, Devil said:

They don't start in the strongest eleven. You didn't beat their strongest eleven.

Laporte is a starter and the other three have been rotated equally with Zinchenko, Gundogan, and Silva. 

We didn’t start Mendy, Kovacic, Pulisic or Havertz yet I wouldn’t dare claim it is a mix match team in order to downplay us. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Didn't Leicester lose a bunch of times in the 70s and 80s with Peter Shilton?

23 minutes ago, Devil said:

You say it as if they played a bunch of teenagers in their debut. xD

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Didn't Leicester lose a bunch of times in the 70s and 80s with Peter Shilton?

Nope. We made 4 finals all before the 70s. 

52 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Laporte is a starter and the other three have been rotated equally with Zinchenko, Gundogan, and Silva. 

We didn’t start Mendy, Kovacic, Pulisic or Havertz yet I wouldn’t dare claim it is a mix match team in order to downplay us. 

You played well, stop getting on your high horse. 

That was far from their strongest eleven. Simple as that mate. 

10 minutes ago, Devil said:

You played well, stop getting on your high horse. 

That was far from their strongest eleven. Simple as that mate. 

What high horse? xD

If you’re going to claim City didn’t field their strongest XI then neither did we based on your own silly reasoning. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What high horse? xD

If you’re going to claim City didn’t field their strongest XI then neither did we based on your own silly reasoning. 

You're sat at home on the highest horse ever😂🐴😂🐴

Great victory mate, shit wording off me to be fair but I do think Leicester would have fancied playing that City eleven over the eleven they'd have faced if they'd been facing them in the final. 

I'd say at least five of that first team wouldn't start the final. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived