• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 1-1 Liverpool - Monday 19th April, 2021

football forum

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Milner's gone some way to me retracting this.

Players like Milner and Henderson give me hope. Of course there's others at the other clubs too. It still feels like there's no way back for me now though, in terms of how I feel about the club and the game at the very top level

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not sure I'll ever forget what FSG have done this season, tbh...

mate what did you expect from american businessman. you sell your sole to the devil and one day you have to pay him. we were all happy with them when they saved us and we won a shit load of cups. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Players like Milner and Henderson give me hope. Of course there's others at the other clubs too. It still feels like there's no way back for me now though, in terms of how I feel about the club and the game at the very top level

I think the core support of those 6 (well 12) clubs are the forgotten losers in all of this. I mean say hypothetically, this all falls through and does just turn out to be brinkmanship that backfires, what do you come out with? At least for someone like us, the relationship with the owners isn't tainted. For those six it's completely tainted beyond repair as far as I'm concerned.

2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

mate what did you expect from american businessman. you sell your sole to the devil and one day you have to pay him. we were all happy with them when they saved us and we won a shit load of cups. 

They didn't save Liverpool, the supporters did

13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

They didn't save Liverpool, the supporters did

really. the club was close to administration when FSG forced them out. they saved the club and now we are paying for it. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think the core support of those 6 (well 12) clubs are the forgotten losers in all of this. I mean say hypothetically, this all falls through and does just turn out to be brinkmanship that backfires, what do you come out with? At least for someone like us, the relationship with the owners isn't tainted. For those six it's completely tainted beyond repair as far as I'm concerned.

I already had enough of Levy before this so it’s fine. (Although tbh of all the owners I blame him the least for this. We had no choice but to sign up to it when the others had) 

1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

really. the club was close to administration when FSG forced them out. they saved the club and now we are paying for it. 

They got the club on the cheap. It was a no brainer from their point of view. Liverpool fans stopped Hicks and Gillett refinancing which would have meant them staying. FSG didn't save Liverpool at all

5 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

Fans getting banks to prevent Gillet and Hicks from being able to refinance was what forced them out after they hired a new CEO with the MO of finding a suitable buyer. It allowed Christian Purslow to go over their heads and finalise a sale to FSG.

Fans gave them a cut rate price of the club. This is how FSG is rewarding the fans for getting the club on the cheap.

Just now, UNIQUE said:

fans getting banks to prevent gillet and hicks from refinancing would have meant the club went bust if FSG did not buy it. 

Sometimes to rid yourself of lice, you've got to be ready to shave off all your hair.

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Rick said:

Milner coming out and saying he doesn’t like it and hopes it doesn’t happen is welcome. Bit easier for him with him being at the end of his career, but it’s good to hear nonetheless

If anything wanting a last big paycheck might appeal to a player his age but for him to speak out against it is somewhat refreshing considering we've heard fuck all from a lot of other people based within the clubs of those joining the ESL. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

and in 3 years liverpool will be a multi billion club and leeds will be in the championship :D

And Leeds will still be a more genuine club than you, that didn't sell their soul and shit their history up the wall in exchange for money... 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

And Leeds will still be a more genuine club than you, that didn't sell their soul and shit their history up the wall in exchange for money... 

leeds have no soul to sell mate. but im sure at the end of the day the leeds fans will be happy playing charlton on a wednesday night infront of 65 fans. fair play to them though for not selling out. 

Leeds are a bigger club than 2 or 3 of the English 6 breaking away... and they actually faced the full consequences of shit financial planning, rather than trying to ruin English football over their mistakes. Let's not be giving shit to Leeds, their fans or their players, for being against ruining football. They're one of the few clubs that has experienced the nightmare these billionaires imagined when they drew up the plans for the ESL.

If we're going to be giving anyone shit for their support in these times, I think the full brunt of it deserves to be going to the fans of these 6 clubs that are just going to silently take the billionaires fondling their arseholes and defend them ruining English football.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

leeds have no soul to sell mate. but im sure at the end of the day the leeds fans will be happy playing charlton on a wednesday night infront of 65 fans. fair play to them though for not selling out. 

Are you always this troll-like? You get very defensive and go all catty for no discernible reason :what:

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Leeds are a bigger club than 2 or 3 of the English 6 breaking away... and they actually faced the full consequences of shit financial planning, rather than trying to ruin English football over their mistakes. Let's not be giving shit to Leeds, their fans or their players, for being against ruining football. They're one of the few clubs that has experienced the nightmare these billionaires imagined when they drew up the plans for the ESL.

If we're going to be giving anyone shit for their support in these times, I think the full brunt of it deserves to be going to the fans of these 6 clubs that are just going to silently take the billionaires fondling their arseholes and defend them ruining English football.

so i give you the choice. liverpool bale out and get left for dead or they sign up and stay at the top. thats what the liverpool fans are faced with where do you stand. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Are you always this troll-like? You get very defensive and go all catty for no discernible reason :what:

why is it that anyone that dont go with the flow on this forum is classed as a troll. my point was that leeds are not for this because they dont benifit from it. if leeds got invited into the new ESL and could get billions of ££ from it would they turn that down? not a chance in hell and we both know that. 

4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

so i give you the choice. liverpool bale out and get left for dead or they sign up and stay at the top. thats what the liverpool fans are faced with where do you stand. 

Bailing out on ESL vs. going ahead with ruining English football?

I choose bailing out, 10 times out of 10.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

and in 3 years liverpool will be a multi billion club and leeds will be in the championship :D

In 3 years, Leeds will be a football club and "Liverpool" will be nothing more than a logo and a slogan used to advertise Indonesian betting websites to gambling addicts and sell streaming subscriptions in India and North America which also happens to have a football team that plays at a stadium in Liverpool about as often as they play in Abu Dhabi or Chicago.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Bailing out on ESL vs. going ahead with ruining English football?

I choose bailing out, 10 times out of 10.

but how does it ruin english football. all it does is ruin UEFA. english clubs go all out to win the EPL and the UCL. they will also go all out to win the ESL and the EPL. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived