talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 1-1 Liverpool - Monday 19th April, 2021

football forum

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Getting beyond parody now.

like i have said many times in this thread i am against this shit and i dont want it. football is fine how it is now imo. i just dont like the fact that fans from clubs that will miss out on the ESL and all the money it brings dont give a fuck about the clubs they look down on. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

i just dont like the fact that fans from clubs that will miss out on the ESL and all the money it brings dont give a fuck about the clubs they look down on. 

So what about someone like me, who is a Liverpool fan?

This isn't like being pissed off the Champions League exists because a club finished 5th and therefore they won't get a chance to compete. This is blocking off most teams from ever having a chance at a competition the richest sides in Europe have deemed to be "the new elite tournament" - without asking most teams around Europe for any of their input.

Honestly after some of the shit I've seen on here today and on Twitter, I suspect FSG could run over 100 babies at Anfield with a steamroller and the second someone asks "What the fuck?! Why would they do this? They shouldn't have done this" a small minority of people, will say "well I don't defend this sort of behavior..." and then proceed to defend that sort of behavior.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So what about someone like me, who is a Liverpool fan?

This isn't like being pissed off the Champions League exists because a club finished 5th and therefore they won't get a chance to compete. This is blocking off most teams from ever having a chance at a competition the richest sides in Europe have deemed to be "the new elite tournament" - without asking most teams around Europe for any of their input.

Honestly after some of the shit I've seen on here today and on Twitter, I suspect FSG could run over 100 babies at Anfield with a steamroller and the second someone asks "What the fuck?! Why would they do this? They shouldn't have done this" a small minority of people, will say "well I don't defend this sort of behavior..." and then proceed to defend that sort of behavior.

do i really have to say 1 more time i am against this. really. 

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Jesus fucking wept.

Bring back Cazza, all is forgotten.

cazza wont come back buddy because she said she got some crazy PM on this forum. she said it was something on the lines of something ted bundy would say. fuck knows what was said or who said it 

@Staff 

I’m officially starting a petition to have UNIQUE removed from this site. For two reasons;

1. He is clearly just a troll.

2. I can’t be fucking arsed with it.

Thank you. 

5 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

like i have said many times in this thread i am against this shit and i dont want it. football is fine how it is now imo. i just dont like the fact that fans from clubs that will miss out on the ESL and all the money it brings dont give a fuck about the clubs they look down on. 

The clubs they look down on aren't completely stopped from trying to compete at that level. Accrington Stanley can in theory reach the Premier League and compete with Everton, Leeds or whoever. West Ham could qualify for the Champions League this season. They wouldn't qualify for the super league if they finish 4th. What do you not understand about that?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The clubs they look down on aren't completely stopped from trying to compete at that level. Accrington Stanley can in theory reach the Premier League and compete with Everton, Leeds or whoever. West Ham could qualify for the Champions League this season. They wouldn't qualify for the super league if they finish 4th. What do you not understand about that?

Think its a pointless venture Mike I'd just drop it as its going nowhere and is only prolonging a conversation that is going in circles.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

mate how am i a troll because i have my opinion. i have said time and time again in this thread i am against this shit. but i dont agree with the reasoning most people have against it. the everton kid is saying liverpool are sell outs because they are taking the money from sponsors and and dont care about other clubs that are not going into the ESL. thats a fair point but does he have a problem with everton making big money from sponsors and spending big on players when the likes of burnley cant compeat with them. no he dont give a shit about that but he thinks its unfair when his club gets left behind. none of us want this but some of us will benifit from the money it makes. but lets have it right here people dont care when they look down they only care when they look up. 

IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT THE MONEY SO STOP GOING ON ABOUT THAT. 

Stop harping on about what Everton do and as if they're acting like they missed the memo or didn't get the invite and now crying their eyes out. THAT'S NOT WHY THEY ARE DOING IT. 

They're up in arms because they've seen their bitter rivals sell their soul like the devil would. Throwing all that history down the drain. But @RandoEFC is right. You don't understand what the clubs values and traditions are so your deflection tactic is to just divert to making sarcy comments about Everton or Leeds instead.

You're happy to go along with it because you're the one profiting from it. Everton fans aren't sour through jealousy ffs. They feel that way probably because they can empathise with how they would feel if it happened to their club. You can't do that because you don't see the damage it will do to communities and what is at the heart of why these clubs started to form in the first place.

If you're not a troll then fair enough but I think you're ultimately deluded and blinded by money just because your own club is in the clique. You're exactly the type of fan these owners and parasites will string along and when they get bored with you, they'll fuck you off like they have to millions of what they now call 'legacy fans'. You're their bitch right now. 

5 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Is it fair to criticise the manager and the players for something that was done by the board?

No, and I don't think there are many people criticising the players and manager. Especially when the players (who've spoken so far) and the manager in question have come out and basically said they don't like the idea of the Super League and don't want it to continue.

Klopp saying he won't resign because he feels a sense of duty to his squad and the supporters and wanting to salvage the best of a bad situation might be disappointing for people hoping he might resign over this, but I think it's understandable that he'd not want to abandon his players, who also weren't informed, and the fans - because I've yet to see another Liverpool fan other than three weirdos on Twitter that's in favour of the "Super" League.

Also, can it just be said: You're not that fucking super if you can't beat sides that were just promoted.

Also let this be said: Fuck FSG

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No, and I don't think there are many people criticising the players and manager.

Imo the fans who were protesting physically - not online - before the match kinda did that. Because they shouted what is - admittedly - a criticism of the board at the end of the day AT the manager and the players. Which makes it look like they think Klopp and the players were in favour of the Super League.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Especially when the players (who've spoken so far) and the manager in question have come out and basically said they don't like the idea of the Super League and don't want it to continue.

Klopp saying he won't resign because he feels a sense of duty to his squad and the supporters and wanting to salvage the best of a bad situation might be disappointing for people hoping he might resign over this, but I think it's understandable that he'd not want to abandon his players, who also weren't informed, and the fans - because I've yet to see another Liverpool fan other than three weirdos on Twitter that's in favour of the "Super" League.

When Klopp took over, Liverpool was essentially a mid table team. Since then he won the Premier League, the Champions League and every single season prior to the current one Liverpool punshed above their weight.

Klopp was vehemently against the SL right from the beginning. I can't comprehend how the board can value his opinion so little, given what he's done not only the club, but more importantly for the interests of said board.

19 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Imo the fans who were protesting physically - not online - before the match kinda did that. Because they shouted what is - admittedly - a criticism of the board at the end of the day AT the manager and the players. Which makes it look like they think Klopp and the players were in favour of the Super League.

When Klopp took over, Liverpool was essentially a mid table team. Since then he won the Premier League, the Champions League and every single season prior to the current one Liverpool punshed above their weight.

Klopp was vehemently against the SL right from the beginning. I can't comprehend how the board can value his opinion so little, given what he's done not only the club, but more importantly for the interests of said board.

The manager and players were put in a really unfortunate position by the club yesterday. Once the news came out, it was inevitable that there would be protests outside the ground when they were coming in. Because other than the protests at Anfield, the manager, players, and the bus are the physical representations of the club... and it's the club's actions that are being protested. FSG threw them under the bus by giving them no advanced warning of this or asking for their say (but let's be honest, they did not give a fuck about what the players felt - they wanted to line their pockets with cash).

Right or wrong, these players are going to face a lot of the brunt of the criticism against the club. It's just the nature of them being representatives of the club... and they're going to be the most visible representative of the club for a lot of people. They've been placed in an unfair position.

I agree with you on how it's absolutely mental how the board could value Klopp's opinion on this so little. From a fan's perspective, he's given us the best Liverpool teams of my life - but for the older fans it's definitely been the best team in the last 30 years and he's easily our best manager in the last 30 years. The club is in a position where if they back this man and let him revitalise his squad, to kick on and add to the already impressive history of Liverpool.

Instead they'd risk that all and spit in the face of the club's history (and English & European football's history) to help set up this bullshit money grabbing league. They are lucky Klopp said he wouldn't walk - but he sounded pretty gutted in his whole post match interview. I think in a season that's already been hard for the manager and players, for personal and professional reasons, I think affecting the club's morale like this by being at the heart of something that's so unpopular is a massive risk.

• The topic was unpinned
On 20/04/2021 at 07:58, Stan said:

IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT THE MONEY SO STOP GOING ON ABOUT THAT. 

Stop harping on about what Everton do and as if they're acting like they missed the memo or didn't get the invite and now crying their eyes out. THAT'S NOT WHY THEY ARE DOING IT. 

They're up in arms because they've seen their bitter rivals sell their soul like the devil would. Throwing all that history down the drain. But @RandoEFC is right. You don't understand what the clubs values and traditions are so your deflection tactic is to just divert to making sarcy comments about Everton or Leeds instead.

You're happy to go along with it because you're the one profiting from it. Everton fans aren't sour through jealousy ffs. They feel that way probably because they can empathise with how they would feel if it happened to their club. You can't do that because you don't see the damage it will do to communities and what is at the heart of why these clubs started to form in the first place.

If you're not a troll then fair enough but I think you're ultimately deluded and blinded by money just because your own club is in the clique. You're exactly the type of fan these owners and parasites will string along and when they get bored with you, they'll fuck you off like they have to millions of what they now call 'legacy fans'. You're their bitch right now. 

its like you never saw any of the 5 or so posts i made that stated i hated the idea and never wanted it. but thankfully its been scraped now so we dont have to worry about it. :91_thumbsup:

On 20/04/2021 at 03:55, Rick said:

@Staff 

I’m officially starting a petition to have UNIQUE removed from this site. For two reasons;

1. He is clearly just a troll.

2. I can’t be fucking arsed with it.

Thank you. 

you are part of a website that is all about the opinons of its members and you want rid of anyone that dont have the same opinions as you. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

its like you never saw any of the 5 or so posts i made that stated i hated the idea and never wanted it. but thankfully its been scraped now so we dont have to worry about it. :91_thumbsup:

But in the same posts you stated you were still happy to back your club while they were in it. Therein lies the issue :what:

1 minute ago, Stan said:

But in the same posts you stated you were still happy to back your club while they were in it. Therein lies the issue :what:

what i said was im fully against it but it it meant my club ending up like notts forrest or going into that i would choose that. as much as people dont like it the fact is football is a dog eat dog world now and it has been for years. money has killed the game and that started years ago. im just happy things will stay as they were if it aint broke than dont fix it. i do think that the corrupt and greedy UEFA needs to be looked at and hopefully this will make that happen. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

what i said was im fully against it but it it meant my club ending up like notts forrest or going into that i would choose that. as much as people dont like it the fact is football is a dog eat dog world now and it has been for years. money has killed the game and that started years ago. im just happy things will stay as they were if it aint broke than dont fix it. i do think that the corrupt and greedy UEFA needs to be looked at and hopefully this will make that happen. 

You can't be 'fully against' something but also choose it when you weigh it up against something else.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You can't be 'fully against' something but also choose it when you weigh it up against something else.

i was basically looking at 2 evils and choosing what one would be better for the future of the club. 

If LFC went the way of Forest though, it'd probably be because of the same reason things went wrong at Forest - mismanagement at the board level once Clough was past it and got them relegated. Same with if what happened to Leeds happened to us. And tbh, those two clubs are bigger imo, than some of the clubs that were invited to be the English founding clubs of the ESL...

The idea that a club's history and the size of their fanbase and how much money they have meaning that they are too big to fail... I think that's just wrong. And it's antithetical to what football is about. Is it nice for Forest and Leeds fans what happened to their clubs? No, it's probably been absolutely heartwrenching for them up until Leeds finally got their way back up into the top flight. But looking at Forest, they've been suffering for decades.

Sustained success isn't guaranteed and changing the nature of the game to guarantee the top clubs always have a massive financial advantage in a closed off system is an absolute disgrace imo. Especially when these large clubs cry about how the impact of COVID has hurt them so badly... imagine how badly it must have hurt all the clubs that aren't in the same financial position as them? It would be a much more significant blow to pretty much all the clubs outside the 12 ESL clubs.

Imo, it would be better for the club to experience the shock and loss of relegation and the suffering that entails, while retaining it's soul, culture, traditions, etc... than giving all that up to fuck around in a soulless tournament, where actual fans were told it was no longer being catered to them - it was being targeted to a new market of fans, the FIFA FUT addicts and the overseas fans that are really supporting superstar players, rather than clubs.

To me it was particularly offensive because we're supposed to be Liverpool FC - a club that's got a particular ethos and... the owners even used that ethos as a marketing tool. The concept of the ESL that was almost forced upon us is a contradiction of the club's ethos.

To me, this whole experience has shown me that FSG are unworthy custodians of the club. And until there's massive reform in football ownership, it's likely FSG and any future potential owners would be similarly greedy and just as unworthy.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If LFC went the way of Forest though, it'd probably be because of the same reason things went wrong at Forest - mismanagement at the board level once Clough was past it and got them relegated. Same with if what happened to Leeds happened to us. And tbh, those two clubs are bigger imo, than some of the clubs that were invited to be the English founding clubs of the ESL...

The idea that a club's history and the size of their fanbase and how much money they have meaning that they are too big to fail... I think that's just wrong. And it's antithetical to what football is about. Is it nice for Forest and Leeds fans what happened to their clubs? No, it's probably been absolutely heartwrenching for them up until Leeds finally got their way back up into the top flight. But looking at Forest, they've been suffering for decades.

Sustained success isn't guaranteed and changing the nature of the game to guarantee the top clubs always have a massive financial advantage in a closed off system is an absolute disgrace imo. Especially when these large clubs cry about how the impact of COVID has hurt them so badly... imagine how badly it must have hurt all the clubs that aren't in the same financial position as them? It would be a much more significant blow to pretty much all the clubs outside the 12 ESL clubs.

Imo, it would be better for the club to experience the shock and loss of relegation and the suffering that entails, while retaining it's soul, culture, traditions, etc... than giving all that up to fuck around in a soulless tournament, where actual fans were told it was no longer being catered to them - it was being targeted to a new market of fans, the FIFA FUT addicts and the overseas fans that are really supporting superstar players, rather than clubs.

To me it was particularly offensive because we're supposed to be Liverpool FC - a club that's got a particular ethos and... the owners even used that ethos as a marketing tool. The concept of the ESL that was almost forced upon us is a contradiction of the club's ethos.

To me, this whole experience has shown me that FSG are unworthy custodians of the club. And until there's massive reform in football ownership, it's likely FSG and any future potential owners would be similarly greedy and just as unworthy.

imo clubs should be owned by the fans. gate money and tv money can cover the wage bill and fans all over the world could pay into a membership and that money can be used to buy players. liverpool as an example have 80million fans around the world if not more. charge 50p per week membership and that gives the club £40mil per week. scrap season tickets and give all fans a chance to get a match day ticket. just a thought. 

Archived