talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Norwich City Back in the Premier League

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Fast forward 12 months and they'll be going back down, as they always do.

They look more prepared this time round. Think the convincing promotion last time caught them by surprise.

That said the loss of Oliver Skipp will be felt. I'd be surprised if they stayed up.

59 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth back up, Fulham and West Brom down and then we all return to stadiums as if nothing happened in the last year. 

It's just a shame we're returning with pundits and referees that have somehow got worse.

• Administrator
15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

They look more prepared this time round. Think the convincing promotion last time caught them by surprise.

That said the loss of Oliver Skipp will be felt. I'd be surprised if they stayed up.

I wouldn't rule out Mourinho selling him to Norwich if he's still managing Spuds come season end.

15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

They also loaned Ben Gibson who I think is a brilliant centre back at Championship level and massively contributed to the clean sheets, so they will need to try and get him back as well.

I think if they are to stay up, they'll need to rely on the likes of us, Palace, Newcastle, Brighton etc having a stinker next year.

Whoever comes up with them is almost certainly dropping I'd have thought.

55 minutes ago, Batard said:

I wouldn't rule out Mourinho selling him to Norwich if he's still managing Spuds come season end.

Whilst I'm not proclaiming Oliver Skipp is the second coming of Jesus Christ, I imagine that would be a real stinger for Spurs fans when you consider the opportunities and faith Pochettino showed in players in Skipp's position that came with great reward. 

Wonder what @Storts would make of it. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst I'm not proclaiming Oliver Skipp is the second coming of Jesus Christ, I imagine that would be a real stinger for Spurs fans when you consider the opportunities and faith Pochettino showed in players in Skipp's position that came with great reward. 

Wonder what @Storts would make of it. 

There’s not a chance Skipp is sold xD 

Might get loaned back to them though 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Im now a fan of Norwich.

Apparently Norwich fans (and the club itself) did not like learning that this company uses scantily clad women to advertise... and have managed to convince BK8 (weird name for a company, btw - makes me think it's Burger King 8) to pull their instagram for the time being.

They've said that that sort of advertising goes against their morals and ethics as a club that has "family values"...

... which I think is a bit rich considering that's where they've chosen to draw the line with morals and ethics. Promoting online gambling = ok. Women that might give men erections = not okay.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently Norwich fans (and the club itself) did not like learning that this company uses scantily clad women to advertise... and have managed to convince BK8 (weird name for a company, btw - makes me think it's Burger King 8) to pull their instagram for the time being.

They've said that that sort of advertising goes against their morals and ethics as a club that has "family values"...

... which I think is a bit rich considering that's where they've chosen to draw the line with morals and ethics. Promoting online gambling = ok. Women that might give men erections = not okay.

And just like that I withdraw my fandom. 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is a bit rich. Seems absurd when clubs talk of 'family atmosphere', yet promote beer, cigs, and gambling.

• Administrator

What I don't understand is how was none of this stuff vetted before when they were searching for new sponsors? No checks, verifications, research in to how it might be received in this day and age?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

What I don't understand is how was none of this stuff vetted before when they were searching for new sponsors? No checks, verifications, research in to how it might be received in this day and age?

They said it did not come up when they did their due diligence on the sponsor.

Which is pretty ridiculous, tbh. Your due diligence doesn't include looking at the sponsors social media pages? Not very good due diligence then, really.

I don't think they even did a google search - because a Norwich fan did and they found this...

which I think @Viva la FCB will enjoy, even if the Norwich fans don't

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Norwich are fucking tinpot drivel, who cares? Could be sponsored by FreeBlowjobsUK and I wouldn't be arsed.

Honestly this is the most exciting thing to ever happen to Norwich City in my lifetime xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived