talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The culture war

football forum

3 hours ago, Spike said:

In this hypothesis from the NY Times penis size and breast size is equivalent signalling. If women can walk around with their tits out then men can do the same with their cocks. 

https://www.nytimes.com/1984/04/08/magazine/what-made-humans-human.html?pagewanted=all

That's Berserker done for. Women would run away after seeing his micropenis. :ph34r:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, oliveandblue said:

Let's not forget one thing:  In America, you DO have the chance at making it big.  There are many people that grew up in the shit and made something great of themselves.  The problem is scarcity - there are fewer outlets of success than there are poor people, so you're bound to have a ton of "losers" in the system.

For me, I prefer equal opportunity over equal outcome.

Poverty is a necessary part of our current economic system, there must be poor people as you say. In fact, millions upon millions of poor. And very few select winners.

And the prevailing ideology in the USA is that the 1 in a million fantasy of being outrageously wealthy is more desirable than being guaranteed healthcare, education, a living wage, etc.

The lambs all dream of being wolves.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

There's your problem, comparing your arse to their tits. Women's breasts are made to be sacred, sexual objects which they're not. Don't get me wrong, I'm big, big, big fan of boobs, but a woman should have the right to walk around in public with them out (within areas that it's OK to be topless) without being demonised or have their looks torn apart for it by insecure men like yourselves. Breasts are their to feed children, that's science. Them being sexualised is completely a human made concept. Holding women to that concept simply because it's what you know and what you've been brought up around is not your right.

Good luck reforming all of society. :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

10 hours ago, Danny said:

There's a difference between reproducing and something similar to a fetish though isn't there? Breasts are a signal of the ability to reproduce, so you can tell the difference between a child who can't reproduce and an adult who can (or if you're a wrongun the mid-late teens in between). They're not a signal that a woman wants you to judge her looks aesthetically when she has them out so you can decide whether or not you'd like to spunk on her face or have sex with contraception on.

Most countries in the west view breasts as a sex symbol, yet there are tribes where it's common practice to just let them hang out because they don't idolise them.

I made a dig because you're offended by a pair of tits, "common decency", and the fact you have a dig at everything and everyone. "feminists are there to suck my dick etc etc etc". Well hard.

That isn't what my sources say. When something is developed over time through evolution to peacock fertility it is intrinsically sexual. If the male brain is hardwired to read certain parts of female body as sexual then it is nature. That isn't fetishing, it is simple biological attraction, there is nothing negative about that. Whaaat where did you pull that last part from about spunking from? If you actually read my soirces they go in to detail about the size, shape, and physical properties of breasts and why they are important in attraction.

Just because they are hanging out for some unknown tribes doesnt mean they arent sexualized. Hiding something doesn't make it sexual. We didnt evolve with clothes on, breasts developed into attraction peacockomg thousands of years before we developed clothed society.  Women have pretty faces and that make me attracted to them, is that not driven by an aesthtic and sexual nature? The hip waist ratio is hard to hide but it is another driving force behind male to female attraction. Just because men are attracted to something doesnt mean it needs to be liberated.

Im not offended by a pair a tits, you nonce. There is a set form of morality in the America and certain norms are expected in public, do whatever on private property, I really don't care. When you take away the mystic of breasts you are simply defeminising them and removing the privacy women choose to have with their bodies. That simply weakens the sexuality of women. Sexuality is a good thing.

Where did I say feminists is to suck my dick? Haha, if you are going to go down that route use my actual quotes. I said FEMINISM (in the sexual sense, no suffrage or rights) was created by men to take advantage of women sexually removing stigmas attached to promiscuity. Read about the sexual revolution of the 60s and free love. Women gain/lose a lot more when it comes to sex than men. The casualisation of sex is a bad thing because it doesnt prepare young people for the physical and emotional ramifications of a sexual relationship.

I don't recall having a dig at you, but if you feel like it's your duty to stand in for others, then go ahead.

You can't desensitize male arousal to tits by having some women get them out and some not based on their own preference. It's only possible if all women get them out all the time. Otherwise men would have been desensitized to legs by now but they are not. 

It's clear that the Burqa provides the most liberation :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake::ph34r:

Trudeau is an idiot. Hard to believe Canada voted in a fellow because he promised weed (idiot young people), is good looking (shallow women), and isn't Harper (naive people that forgot how bad the reds are).

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Trudeau is an idiot. Hard to believe Canada voted in a fellow because he promised weed (idiot young people), is good looking (shallow women), and isn't Harper (naive people that forgot how bad the reds are).

If you ever meet these people that support Trudeau they HAVE to remind you of his computer science skills, in defense of his intellect on politics. :dam:

I wasn't expecting this level of stupidity in this thread. xD

I definitely think there are problems with the current brand of airhead feminism and activism in general but the things said in here have been truly ridiculous. 

I guess that's part of the problem, the most vocal from "both sides" seem to be fucking morons.

On 09/04/2017 at 10:37 PM, 6666 said:

I wasn't expecting this level of stupidity in this thread. xD

I definitely think there are problems with the current brand of airhead feminism and activism in general but the things said in here have been truly ridiculous. 

I guess that's part of the problem, the most vocal from "both sides" seem to be fucking morons.

I genuinely have no idea where to start. 

Painful. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Cultural Marxist cancer goes back to, at least, the aftermath of WW2 where the 'holocaust' was used to ensure that certain things cannot be questioned. The NWO/Illuminati or whatever you want to call the elite hidden hand who control our governments, media, security services etc have admitted they've infiltrated educational institutions with the intent of indoctrinating impressionable minds with their horrific 'progressive' worldview several times. You only have to look at the retards who universities churn out and the fascist state of the NUS to see the fruits of their labours.

I wouldn't trust any mainstream media for any information about anything

5 hours ago, Spike said:

LMAO Apparently it's cultural appropriation to enjoy or be inspired by other cultures. Sorry @Stan and @IgnisExcubitor for that time I cooked a curry, I didn't know I was being insensitive towards your proud heritages. Also Cher's mother was a Cherokee, haha these dumb fucks.

"Two white dudes"

And naturally they're both Jewish.

On 2017-4-28 at 8:53 PM, Spike said:

LMAO Apparently it's cultural appropriation to enjoy or be inspired by other cultures. Sorry @Stan and @IgnisExcubitor for that time I cooked a curry, I didn't know I was being insensitive towards your proud heritages. Also Cher's mother was a Cherokee, haha these dumb fucks.

I never really understood the whole ruckus about cultural appropriation. I actually like it when someone tries things from my cultural, you know, like wears an Indian attire, cooks, celebrates our festival, etc. I was perplexed with the shit Selena Gomez got for wearing bindi, when it looked stunning on her or that poor Canadian Yoga teacher who was stopped from teaching Yoga. 

It's unfortunate that these idiots are getting louder and are going largely unchallenged. 

I can totally imagine liberals from the past, who were fighting segregation of people on the basis of race and culture and wanting  people from various groups to assimilate, looking at this term and behaviour and shaking their head in utter disdain. 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, IgnisExcubitor said:

I never really understood the whole ruckus about cultural appropriation. I actually like it when someone tries things from my cultural, you know, like wears an Indian attire, cooks, celebrates our festival, etc. I was perplexed with the shit Selena Gomez got for wearing bindi, when it looked stunning on her or that poor Canadian Yoga teacher who was stopped from teaching Yoga. 

It's unfortunate that these idiots are getting louder and are going largely unchallenged. 

I can totally imagine liberals from the past, who were fighting segregation of people on the basis of race and culture and wanting  people from various groups to assimilate, looking at this term and behaviour and shaking their head in utter disdain. 

The whole cultural appropriation is fucking bullshit. The Romans "culturally appropriated" as they built their empire, and the world is better off for it. Without "cultural appropriation" we'd all be worse off in terms of art, music, food, etc...

Something I've noticed is a bit of a culture war in the United States is the tension between atheists/secular people and the ultra-religious. There are ultra-religious evangelical Christians and Catholics who insist that they are subject to unfair persecution, based on reasons I think are totally silly (limiting how their churches, which don't pay taxes, can make political campaign contributions or... even more ridiculously, by things like Starbucks making their xmas cup all red instead of having Christmas decorations, and schools wishing kids 'happy holidays' instead of wishing them a happy Christmas).

In San Diego County, there's an area of the eastern part of the county called Santee, which is affectionately called Santucky or Klantee, where the radical Australian Christian zealot, Ken Ham, has built a pseudo-science museum dedicated to creationism. San Diego (the actual city of San Diego) has a pretty large scientific community that fucking hate this museum is here and think it's shameful to the county. And at the same time, there is a televangelist planning to build a Disneyland-style Jesus park, and there's similar uproar to that being built too.

So not so much in the city of San Diego, but in the county of San Diego, there is a big cultural split between the ultra-religious and the general secular population living here. I imagine this split along religion is more prevalent in other parts of the USA, where religion is generally a bigger deal, and where urban areas are more surrounded by the ultra-religious counties and regions... rather than a weird situation in Southern California.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The whole cultural appropriation is fucking bullshit. The Romans "culturally appropriated" as they built their empire, and the world is better off for it. Without "cultural appropriation" we'd all be worse off in terms of art, music, food, etc...

Something I've noticed is a bit of a culture war in the United States is the tension between atheists/secular people and the ultra-religious. There are ultra-religious evangelical Christians and Catholics who insist that they are subject to unfair persecution, based on reasons I think are totally silly (limiting how their churches, which don't pay taxes, can make political campaign contributions or... even more ridiculously, by things like Starbucks making their xmas cup all red instead of having Christmas decorations, and schools wishing kids 'happy holidays' instead of wishing them a happy Christmas).

In San Diego County, there's an area of the eastern part of the county called Santee, which is affectionately called Santucky or Klantee, where the radical Australian Christian zealot, Ken Ham, has built a pseudo-science museum dedicated to creationism. San Diego (the actual city of San Diego) has a pretty large scientific community that fucking hate this museum is here and think it's shameful to the county. And at the same time, there is a televangelist planning to build a Disneyland-style Jesus park, and there's similar uproar to that being built too.

So not so much in the city of San Diego, but in the county of San Diego, there is a big cultural split between the ultra-religious and the general secular population living here. I imagine this split along religion is more prevalent in other parts of the USA, where religion is generally a bigger deal, and where urban areas are more surrounded by the ultra-religious counties and regions... rather than a weird situation in Southern California.

I live in the bible belt. Only encountered the nicest and most understanding religious people. More understanding than some militant atheists, I'll have you know. Your issue is that you are in California. The home of cults, you shouldn't be surprised by this at all. Also, the thing about the Starbucks incident (I work at Starbucks) is that it was an 'online phenomenon'. It was something that existed only within the realms of social media and I feel like a lot of 'movements' in the USA are exactly that. They are just a bunch of people hashtagging their bullshit till it goes viral.  

I can understand the 'Happy Christmas' issue because the USA is a nation intrinsically linked with Chrisitanity and people feel that it's ingrained into their culture and heritage. So when they perceive 'the war on Christmas' they perceive it as an attack on themselves. There is a 'war on Christmas' too (there are people that bounce off the fucking walls when you wish them a merry Christmas, hell I don't even feel safe saying that at work), it's just that it's losing fucking badly. Isn't that messed up though? We live in a culture so sensitive that I'm fucking scared to say 'merry Christmas' in case someone gets offended and complains about me. 

16 hours ago, Spike said:

Boing! Nail on the head about 4th wave feminism.

I like a lot of Gavin McInnes's work but sometimes, like here, he's just the right wing equivalent of John Oliver. His delivery style is too abrasive to be winning anyone over, even if his message is right. I know it's deliberate because he's an entertainer at the end of the day, but it's a shame.

Have you watched any of Tommy Robinson's videos on The Rebel? What a fascinating character he is.

14 hours ago, Spike said:

I live in the bible belt. Only encountered the nicest and most understanding religious people. More understanding than some militant atheists, I'll have you know. Your issue is that you are in California. The home of cults, you shouldn't be surprised by this at all. Also, the thing about the Starbucks incident (I work at Starbucks) is that it was an 'online phenomenon'. It was something that existed only within the realms of social media and I feel like a lot of 'movements' in the USA are exactly that. They are just a bunch of people hashtagging their bullshit till it goes viral.  

I can understand the 'Happy Christmas' issue because the USA is a nation intrinsically linked with Chrisitanity and people feel that it's ingrained into their culture and heritage. So when they perceive 'the war on Christmas' they perceive it as an attack on themselves. There is a 'war on Christmas' too (there are people that bounce off the fucking walls when you wish them a merry Christmas, hell I don't even feel safe saying that at work), it's just that it's losing fucking badly. Isn't that messed up though? We live in a culture so sensitive that I'm fucking scared to say 'merry Christmas' in case someone gets offended and complains about me. 

I went to New Orleans on a business trip and the fucker next to me started asking about "whether I have a relationship with Jesus." I thought Jesus wasn't big on the gays, much less into relationships with men. Either way, fucking weird and creepy. I'm not having any of that the Bible belt is more normal than here, just based off that interaction alone. And if you're not feeling safe saying merry Xmas at work... I can't imagine that reflects well.

But yes people are too fucking sensitive. There's no war on Christmas for saying happy holidays, Jesus isn't being shoved down your throat if someone wishes you a nice Christmas. And there are no Christians being persecuted in America.

Side note: New Orleans is cool, but holy shit Louisiana is a totally different place to anywhere I've ever been before.

36 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I went to New Orleans on a business trip and the fucker next to me started asking about "whether I have a relationship with Jesus." I thought Jesus wasn't big on the gays, much less into relationships with men. Either way, fucking weird and creepy. I'm not having any of that the Bible belt is more normal than here, just based off that interaction alone. And if you're not feeling safe saying merry Xmas at work... I can't imagine that reflects well.

But yes people are too fucking sensitive. There's no war on Christmas for saying happy holidays, Jesus isn't being shoved down your throat if someone wishes you a nice Christmas. And there are no Christians being persecuted in America.

Side note: New Orleans is cool, but holy shit Louisiana is a totally different place to anywhere I've ever been before.

You could base your entire concept of the bible belt on one interaction, but I'd rather go with my three years of living there. BTW New Orleans isn't considered the bible belt, but the rest of Louisianna is.

Archived