talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tammy Abraham Leaves Chelsea For Roma

Wish him all the best. 

He was an Arsenal fan as a kid but very much a product of our academy. Like with any player that comes from the youth setup, the fans always have a special connection with them and if he goes on to do well, even if it's elsewhere, that's a success. I'm glad he's gone, he wasn't going to get enough game time here under Tuchel which he desperately needs at this stage in his career. I'm glad that he's not lingered around and just sat in the squad to make up the numbers (Hudson-Odoi take note), you always learn more about yourself moving abroad as well. Moreover, even though the move is a permanent one, with these youth players you never really feel like it's a goodbye forever, with buy-out clauses and deeper connections to the club, there's always every chance of them coming back if things go well. 

Tammy will score goals, it's just that we need more from a striker who we would rely on heavily throughout a season. Needs to improve his overall game and maybe work on his physique but there's nothing stopping him getting even better, it can be done.

Hudson-Odoi is another one who needs to get some game time elsewhere. I can only see him being used under Tuchel at wing back which isn't his best position and I can't see him being used regularly either, should be pushing for a move and not waste another season.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/08/2021 at 14:24, Bluewolf said:

48Mill

Buy back clause in his contract

Roma podcast that I listen to reported the buy back at 80 million effective in 2023.  So Roma would get 2 full years with him before Chelsea have the option to bring him back.

On 15/08/2021 at 11:28, LFCMadLad said:

Chelsea will buy him back for about £90m in 3 years.

Standard!

Nah mate you got it all wrong. Southampton will get him on the cheap in two years, Liverpool will buy him 80million, then one season later Man City will buy him for 140mil and then he wins the Balon d'or, meanwhile Chelsea bought five different striker for 50mill a pop.

6 hours ago, Coma said:

Roma podcast that I listen to reported the buy back at 80 million effective in 2023.  So Roma would get 2 full years with him before Chelsea have the option to bring him back.

Yea, I heard a different amount to that first reported about 60Mill I was reading somewhere... 

Abraham has already done 18 goals in a season, I think he’s lacked a club that believes in him. Chelsea don’t want to develop their youngsters into world beaters, they want them at that level by the time they break through or they’re gone.

As long as Mourinho doesn’t turn on Abraham at any point I think this’ll be a successful transfer for him.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Wouldn’t really call Mount or James world beaters. 

Have you not spent the past year or so saying he’s as good as Trent?

Theyre both high level players that haven’t looked out of place competing for big silverware 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Have you not spent the past year or so saying he’s as good as Trent?

Theyre both high level players that haven’t looked out of place competing for big silverware 

TAA has mastered an attacking aspect in his game that stands out compared to any player in world football. James is a more well rounded player but in terms of influence TAA stands alone. 

Both Mount and James have a lot more to prove to be on his level. 

On 20/08/2021 at 06:31, Coma said:

Any player we will probably buy back is Livramento. 

Archived