talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tammy Abraham Leaves Chelsea For Roma

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without trying to sound like Michael Owen, he scores goals.

In saying that though, the question always remains with Tammy over his overall play and influence particularly in the more difficult games. There's still the possibility that he's capable of reaching a higher level in terms of his overall game and performances as he's still young so personally, I would keep him around, I think we've got quite a good balance at the moment with our strikers who all offer different things. All of them perhaps, you couldn't rely on consistently throughout a campaign or trust them to be your main striker, but they will have their moments and streaks during seasons and I'd be quite happy to see them all rotated again next season. It might be harder to keep both Giroud and Tammy happy but I think it can be done. Abraham's contract situation makes things more complicated as well but surely with some promises and guarantees made, both he and Giroud could be kept happy.

I don't think Werner has been as bad as some people make out either, he suits certain conditions like the game yesterday, his main problem this season is that he was really mismanaged by Lampard. Werner suits different games and different circumstances, use him in that way, and I'm sure he'll get better next season.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Tammy wants to be #1. If not here then elsewhere. 

Every striker does. If the manager/club really wanted him to stay, I think they could sit him down and persuade him as long as there is the promise of game time. If you perform well, you'll play end of.

16 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Every striker does. If the manager/club really wanted him to stay, I think they could sit him down and persuade him as long as there is the promise of game time. If you perform well, you'll play end of.

Don’t think Tuchel particularly rates him. 

Any potential value gained from him having a good loan is offset by his contract nearing expiration. The situation changes from club in control to player. Not only that but if he has a great season he can be more aggressive in contract negotiations, perhaps even scaring some clubs away, or having forcing the selling club to lower the price to make up for wage increase.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus. £40m bones. I'm not sure what to say about that for someone that cannot get a game.

West Ham is such an obvious move. Makes sense seeing as they technically do not have what I'd call a 'proper' striker. Antonio is simply there as a converted one.

I could see him going back to work with Dean Smith at Villa as well. They have probably been a little over reliant on Watkins this season.

58 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Jesus. £40m bones. I'm not sure what to say about that for someone that cannot get a game.

West Ham is such an obvious move. Makes sense seeing as they technically do not have what I'd call a 'proper' striker. Antonio is simply there as a converted one.

I could see him going back to work with Dean Smith at Villa as well. They have probably been a little over reliant on Watkins this season.

Think they'll settle for around 25m in the current climate to be honest.

He needs to be at a middle of the road club, unfortunately he's just a grade below the level needed in top level competition for me so he will never be the first choice he craves at a top club. 

I know the transfer won't likely ever happen but the current Arsenal side could benefit from Abraham. 

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, Devil said:

He needs to be at a middle of the road club, unfortunately he's just a grade below the level needed in top level competition for me so he will never be the first choice he craves at a top club. 

I agree with this. It appears as if he's spurned the chance to 'make it' at Chelsea. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Roma offering 40 million. Loan with obligation to buy. 

When was the last time an Italian club ever bought a player outright?

Loans to buy, millions of installments, shared ownership.

It's never been more clear than now that the whole of world football other than the Prem and PSG are skint.

To think Inter won the league and are having a clear out of the whole squad!!!

34 minutes ago, Devil said:

When was the last time an Italian club ever bought a player outright?

Loans to buy, millions of installments, shared ownership.

It's never been more clear than now that the whole of world football other than the Prem and PSG are skint.

To think Inter won the league and are having a clear out of the whole squad!!!

Tbf Inter having to clear out the whole squad is really a problem that's unique to Inter being owned by Suning Holdings, who are undergoing serious financial difficulties due to restrictions China put in place on foreign investment. They had to close down their Chinese football club entirely, and I believe they were the current holders of the league title in China.

Before winning the league, they had to seek a massive loan from Goldman Sachs to stay afloat with the hopes of finding a new buyer soon.

It does say something though that the league that dominated the 90s and was absolutely loaded with cash has fallen so far behind that even a powerhouse like Inter, even after winning a title, can't withstand the same serious financial pressures that the pandemic has put virtually every club, barring the oil mercenary clubs, under. But there is the important consideration with Inter's current financial woes that are sort of unique to them - where even the 2nd largest non-state owned Chinese company (well formerly, in their current financial situation they sold 23% of the club to a state-owned entity) is in serious economic peril.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf Inter having to clear out the whole squad is really a problem that's unique to Inter being owned by Suning Holdings, who are undergoing serious financial difficulties due to restrictions China put in place on foreign investment. They had to close down their Chinese football club entirely, and I believe they were the current holders of the league title in China.

Before winning the league, they had to seek a massive loan from Goldman Sachs to stay afloat with the hopes of finding a new buyer soon.

It does say something though that the league that dominated the 90s and was absolutely loaded with cash has fallen so far behind that even a powerhouse like Inter, even after winning a title, can't withstand the same serious financial pressures that the pandemic has put virtually every club, barring the oil mercenary clubs, under. But there is the important consideration with Inter's current financial woes that are sort of unique to them - where even the 2nd largest non-state owned Chinese company (well formerly, in their current financial situation they sold 23% of the club to a state-owned entity) is in serious economic peril.

The impact of this should not be underestimated for clubs with Chinese backers, the Chinese communist party is taxing it's wealthiest people and companies seemingly into oblivion simply for investing money on Western goods or into Western businesses. 

1 minute ago, Batard said:

This can't be understated enough for clubs with Chinese backers, the Chinese communist party is taxing it's wealthiest people and companies seemingly into oblivion simply for investing money on Western goods or into Western businesses. 

Yeah - it's not just in football, too. I'm seeing it in my work, where loads of our clients had come to depend on investment from wealthy Chinese individuals/companies are now facing some pretty rough times as China's taken an incredibly harsh stance on investment in the West. It's forcing a lot of "decisions" upon businesses that otherwise wouldn't have been made.

40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m pretty sure Suning were never in dire straights, they just restructured and axed all non production areas of their companies

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’m pretty sure Suning were never in dire straights, they just restructured and axed all non production areas of their companies

Suning were (and still are) in a bit of financial bother, tbh. They were facing defaulting on massive loans without the cash to cover minimum payments - they had to turn to state owned investment in order to be able to make payments and not default.

Inter's issues stem from that as well - but they're also being impacted by these restrictions China has on people/businesses making foreign investments.

If Suning weren't in dire straights, they wouldn't have made such wide and sweeping restructures. Nor would they have pulled the plug on the landmark TV deal they signed with the Premier League. Suning are also facing about half a billion in payments to in 2022 (bond payments & a preferred shares investment group from HK can exercise it's redemption right, obligating Suning to pay them a massive fee to buy those shares back).

They're not out of the woods yet, they've got quite a few financial issues they're facing.

8 hours ago, Cicero said:

Roma offering 40 million. Loan with obligation to buy. 

Really hope it's doesn't come off, and spend a little bit more going after Alexander Isak from Real Sociedad. 

Abraham's wage will be inflated at Chelsea and Roma really shouldn't try to compete with them. England is a bad market to buy from, you'll never get any bargain from there.

• The title was changed to Tammy Abraham Leaves Chelsea For Roma

Archived