talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLS 2021/22

football forum

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided that Austin will be the MLS preferred team of choice for me to follow, though that will depend on how much they are televised over here, will have to judge over the next few weeks. 

Watched their game with LAFC, and although it ended 2-0, I thought Austin looked alright, certainly didn’t get battered by one of the better MLS sides in their first game. 

That substitution cock up between Vela & Bradley was stupid but funny. 

• The topic was pinned
  • 3 weeks later...

First football match for me in over 18 months... home opener for FC Cincinnati.  The crowd was up for it but we were down 0-2 at halftime.  Battled back to tie it up 2-2 in the 82 minute only to conceded again in the 84th.  Stam has them pressing hard with a high back line.  The pressing was working as they could barely get out of their half for long periods.  Unfortunately they had 2 goals on the counter (both by Higuain) that got in behind the back line.  The last goal was completely avoidable as we had the ball and Geoff Cameron pulled up with a cramp.  We should have put it out of play... instead we turn it over and Higuain blows past him. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/05/2021 at 08:49, Coma said:

First football match for me in over 18 months... home opener for FC Cincinnati.  The crowd was up for it but we were down 0-2 at halftime.  Battled back to tie it up 2-2 in the 82 minute only to conceded again in the 84th.  Stam has them pressing hard with a high back line.  The pressing was working as they could barely get out of their half for long periods.  Unfortunately they had 2 goals on the counter (both by Higuain) that got in behind the back line.  The last goal was completely avoidable as we had the ball and Geoff Cameron pulled up with a cramp.  We should have put it out of play... instead we turn it over and Higuain blows past him. 

Nice to meet you @Coma - are you in Cincy? My wife's family is from Columbus so we head up there pretty often. 

Not a terrible start for Atlanta United. Frustrating draw against Nashville after being up 2-0 late, but it's much better to watch (and the results are much better) than what we had with FdB. 

Sosa is looking like a great addition, and I'm just waiting to see if/when Josef gets going as we will certainly be a playoff team if he can start scoring some goals. 

2 hours ago, Eco said:

Nice to meet you @Coma - are you in Cincy? My wife's family is from Columbus so we head up there pretty often. 

Not a terrible start for Atlanta United. Frustrating draw against Nashville after being up 2-0 late, but it's much better to watch (and the results are much better) than what we had with FdB. 

Sosa is looking like a great addition, and I'm just waiting to see if/when Josef gets going as we will certainly be a playoff team if he can start scoring some goals. 

Hey! You're back! Yes, I'm in Cincy. Season ticket holder since the USL days. Kinda want those days back now xD

4 minutes ago, Coma said:

Hey! You're back! Yes, I'm in Cincy. Season ticket holder since the USL days. Kinda want those days back now xD

Ah, gottcha. 

Don't worry, the MLS is good and it'll get better. Plus I've heard that your new stadium is one of the best in the States for being a soccer specific stadium. Would love to go. 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ah, gottcha. 

Don't worry, the MLS is good and it'll get better. Plus I've heard that your new stadium is one of the best in the States for being a soccer specific stadium. Would love to go. 

It is a decent stadium but my beef is there is no real Cincy-specific vibe. You could drop that stadium in any city and it would fit. It's nice, but generic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Watched this Atlanta /Philadelphia game. 1st half slow. 2nd half totally different. End to end. Philadelphia equalised very late on with this absolute stunner! 

Second game of the season for me to see FCC at home against Colorado this past Saturday.  26k sellout so the atmosphere should have been rocking.  Typical performance, another 0-2 loss.  This team is going nowhere. 

We are getting completely controlled tonight. The lucky thing is that we have had two very rough tackles NOT be called against us. Otherwise we'd likely already be behind.

It's starting to feel like forever since we have been a dominate team in the league. Tonight's game against RB was pretty much controlled by United, but very rarely did we really threaten them. Sure, we had a few chances near the end, but without Josef and a forever inconsistent Barco, we just don't have anyone that can really take over a game and win it for us. 

0-0 draw at the end of the day, and we desperately need Josef back in the lineup. 

FCC with two consecutive wins, both away from home.  Consequently both wins were against teams alongside in the mire.  Now on 10 points.  Barreal finally looking like the the player I thought he was when he came in from Velez.

• 2 weeks later...

Unbeaten run is up to 3 matches now with a 1-1 draw away to Houston Dynamo.  Friday the 9th is the Hell is Real Derby at home.  We'll see if this team has really progressed.

I missed every second of Atlanta's pitiful 3-0 loss to Chicago, as I was actually out with some friends and hiking. 

Atlanta continues to disappoint and I'm not sure what needs to be done with this team. Obviously we need to stay healthy, but we are also just missing something. With Tata, the players loved and adored him, and truly did play for him and each other. Since then, that just hasn't been the case. 

Frustrating to say the least and I just hope that this teams continues to grow and improve under Heinze as I really don't want to be a team with a revolving door of managers. 

Atlanta plays at Nashville tonight. 

I don't really have any faith that we'll get anything from this match, and might be shocked if it goes on since there is a Hurricane currently hitting the Southeast. But if it does, would enjoy winning a match. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived