talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jose Mourinho Sacked

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very amusing!

Two different reports yesterday, one suggesting that Hansi Flick was interested in the role and the other saying he had little to no interest in it. Were the former true, we should batter his door down to get him but it probably isn't. I think he's taking the national team job.

Ralf Rangnick and Rafa Benitez appear to be favourites. I'll be happy with either and think either of them would take it. I don't think either of them will get a better Premier League job.

Ridiculous links with Scott Parker and some of our fans on our Facebook group wanting it. This is why managerial appointments these days are so ridiculous. I don't give a crap if a manager played for us or not, if a manager isn't good enough then he isn't good enough and Parker hasn't proven a thing. Come on, Steve Bruce has been better than him this season! Says it all. 

Graham Potter is another link. Would much prefer him to Parker but risky, very risky. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Tar-Mairon said:

Very amusing!

Two different reports yesterday, one suggesting that Hansi Flick was interested in the role and the other saying he had little to no interest in it. Were the former true, we should batter his door down to get him but it probably isn't. I think he's taking the national team job.

Ralf Rangnick and Rafa Benitez appear to be favourites. I'll be happy with either and think either of them would take it. I don't think either of them will get a better Premier League job.

Ridiculous links with Scott Parker and some of our fans on our Facebook group wanting it. This is why managerial appointments these days are so ridiculous. I don't give a crap if a manager played for us or not, if a manager isn't good enough then he isn't good enough and Parker hasn't proven a thing. Come on, Steve Bruce has been better than him this season! Says it all. 

Graham Potter is another link. Would much prefer him to Parker but risky, very risky. 

Benitez would absolutely sicken me. Want him nowhere near the club. 

14 hours ago, Storts said:

Benitez would absolutely sicken me. Want him nowhere near the club. 

I love Rafa but I do think the game has moved on from managers like him and Mourinho at the very top level

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I love Rafa but I do think the game has moved on from managers like him and Mourinho at the very top level

Fully agree. Not saying he’s a bad manager or didn’t have a great career. But it’s exactly the wrong appointment for us now. We need a younger progressive manager. Basically Pochettino when we plucked him from Southampton 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 28/04/2021 at 09:00, Cicero said:

Sarri rumored to join Roma and ten Haag staying put. Reports he was Bayern's first choice before Naggelsman and he declined.

Everything I have read said the opposite. He was the second choice and was contacted in the event the Naggelsman deal wasnt going to be feasible. Id tend to lean that way as everything has always pointed to Naggelsman coming to Munich at some point and given the fee paid for him in the end.

Archived