The better place to talk football.

Ed Woodward Resigns from Manchester United

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Reports Woodward has resigned?

I got told about an hour ago from someone at Talksport that he'd gone and I didn't believe it, because my understanding was he used to work for JP Morgan so the sorting the funding I'd imagine largely came from him.

Well now the whole thing is toppling down it makes sense.

I said it earlier in the thread, good things will somehow come from this.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I got told about an hour ago from someone at Talksport that he'd gone and I didn't believe it, because my understanding was he used to work for JP Morgan so the sorting the funding I'd imagine largely came from him.

Well now the whole thing is toppling down it makes sense.

I said it earlier in the thread, good things will somehow come from this.

Let's address the latest elephant in the room.

Why are you friends with Adrian Durham?

Was expecting a climb down, most definitely. I am certain this is a smokescreen for something else. The Champions League changes have been agreed, that went unnoticed, and those changes are pretty crap, too. 

I was expecting the odd resignation, not Woodward though. This’ll be interesting. 

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m hoping those American cunts were waiting for the ESL to take off. Now it’s dead, just sell up and fuck off.

Sell to who?

Nationalise football now! Current owners can be paid whatever they paid for the club in the first place. That's fair. No loss to them. So in Glaziers case they receive £0.

UK government seem to be backing down on regulation now though. As big a bunch of coward as Chelsea and Man City.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m hoping those American cunts were waiting for the ESL to take off. Now it’s dead, just sell up and fuck off.

Sort of face the same dilemma Liverpool would face if FSG are forced out:

pretty much anyone that can afford to own Manchester United is likely to be an absolute piece of shit, who'd likely jump at the next opportunity to start a super league type thing.

Don't get me wrong, I hope the Glazers get the fuck out of English football ASAP. And I hope FSG follow. But the grass isn't always greener - Freddy Shepherd was a dickhead at Newcastle, but what came after was pretty fucking bad too.

Archived