• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup Final - Man City 1-0 Tottenham - Sunday 25th April, 2021

football forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Would Spurs really have a chance to win this with Jose at the helm? It wasn't really going too well for them with him there so I can't see any indication that Pep's team would have not won this anyways. As much as its easy to laugh at them I do feel that they really should have some silverware by now.

15 hours ago, Stan said:

It's cute seeing Arsenal fans trying to stay relevant while their club becomes totally the opposite.

4 fa cups in 7 years isnt bad. No offence mate I like Leicester but if we get new owners I'm fairly confident we will be above you again in the league 

18 hours ago, Cicero said:

Laporte should be off

To be fair if he had a yellow card for the first tackle he might not have made the second. Var cant review yellows either. I know you didnt mention var I'm just saying 

• Subscriber

Man City were always winning that regardless of manager. Spurs' best player not fully fit (and tellingly so) and there's an obvious gulf in the two teams anyway. The only surprise was how long it took the goal to come.

@Storts what was it actually like being there? I'm just thinking for the FA Cup final. I'll get a ticket should we do ours on a priority system (which we supposedly are, rightly).

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dan said:

Man City were always winning that regardless of manager. Spurs' best player not fully fit (and tellingly so) and there's an obvious gulf in the two teams anyway. The only surprise was how long it took the goal to come.

@Storts what was it actually like being there? I'm just thinking for the FA Cup final. I'll get a ticket should we do ours on a priority system (which we supposedly are, rightly).

Class mate. Apart from the mask wearing rest of it was top drawer. Lovely to be back in a stadium, beers and company, singing, supporting the team, all felt so satisfying.  

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Calm down Stanley 

@Storts I'm genuinely gutted for you mate. Must have been nail biting in the stands. 

Cheers mate, tough for another final defeat without scoring, our record in semis and finals since 2008 is just abysmal. And been at all of them. Something like 4 finals and 5 semi defeats now. 

Think how late we conceded and the manner of it was the most frustrating thing 

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Storts said:

Class mate. Apart from the mask wearing rest of it was top drawer. Lovely to be back in a stadium, beers and company, singing, supporting the team, all felt so satisfying.  

Glad to hear that. I've got quite a big group of mates who go and people are quite torn on if to do the final, and you've gone a way to convincing me I'm on the right side on this argument. A lot of "its not worth the hassle" comments which I do get, but it did look better than I was expecting. I'll be going to ours.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Glad to hear that. I've got quite a big group of mates who go and people are quite torn on if to do the final, and you've gone a way to convincing me I'm on the right side on this argument. A lot of "its not worth the hassle" comments which I do get, but it did look better than I was expecting. I'll be going to ours.

Trust me, they’ll regret it if they don’t. Can quote me on that. I was equally sceptical but it’s just ridiculously nice to be back doing something relatively normal. Meeting up with people again, in and amongst it. Even with the smaller numbers and the odd restriction still very much better than not being there. And that’s with a team that is awful to watch, will be even better for you 

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Storts said:

Trust me, they’ll regret it if they don’t. Can quote me on that. I was equally sceptical but it’s just ridiculously nice to be back doing something relatively normal. Meeting up with people again, in and amongst it. Even with the smaller numbers and the odd restriction still very much better than not being there. And that’s with a team that is awful to watch, will be even better for you 

You're saying exactly what I'm thinking as well. I've got those reservations but if we win the FA Cup for the first time in our history and I've passed up the chance to actually go I don't think I'll forgive myself. It's the one fixture I was willing to compromise on - but frankly I think you've made me reconsider even that.

What looked good to me is that you were together and therefore there's more of an atmosphere. I was expecting 2k of your fans dotted about like in December, but if anything it felt like two 2k away ends.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived