talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ryan Giggs Denies Charges of Multiple Offences Against Two Women

football forum

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Devil said:

I also wonder where this leaves him with the so called 'Class of 92'

They are a brand in themselves. Himself and Gary seem to be the most entrepreneurial and are often the faces of their businesses. I think Gary will ask Ryan to take a back seat from now on and be a silent member of the club and business. 

I can see them doing exactly what you said till this all blows over. At the end of the day clubs want investment and he doesn't need his face to be on the front when Gary is already getting a lot of good press for his work during the ESL fiasco. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I can see them doing exactly what you said till this all blows over. At the end of the day clubs want investment and he doesn't need his face to be on the front when Gary is already getting a lot of good press for his work during the ESL fiasco. 

To think before all this blew up ten years ago he was in line for Knighthood, he'd been given the Sports personality of the year award.

That's all gone now, he's destroyed his reputation completely. I will really interested to see United's stance on all this if he's convicted of these assaults. Will he be invited back for legend games or be asked to represent the club by the media.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Devil said:

To think before all this blew up ten years ago he was in line for Knighthood, he'd been given the Sports personality of the year award.

That's all gone now, he's destroyed his reputation completely. I will really interested to see United's stance on all this if he's convicted of these assaults. Will he be invited back for legend games or be asked to represent the club by the media.

Id imagine theres something unaddressed with him leading him to do all this and he's just refusing to get help for it. Maybe he was always this way and this is just getting more attention now due to social media doing what its done in the last decade. The club will do whats in its best interests at the end of the day.

10 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Id imagine theres something unaddressed with him leading him to do all this and he's just refusing to get help for it. Maybe he was always this way and this is just getting more attention now due to social media doing what its done in the last decade. The club will do whats in its best interests at the end of the day.

100% this. 

He's not the only one, look at Rooney, he couldn't keep it too himself could he. I actually know how bad he is because one of my mates sisters met him on a night out and he apparently wouldn't leave her alone all evening pestering her for her number. 

It's a simple case of having your cake and eating it, some guys are just never happy to settle for the same person and will keep the love rat lifestyle going forever. Unfortunately these girls/women get so caught up in the lifestyle I think they certain shit slip that would kill 99.9% of normal relationships. 

He actually had such an easy path to being the national treasure, model pro type of public figure. 

All he had to do was stick to shagging randomers that he wasn't related to, and avoid hitting any of them. And somehow he's blown it.

• Administrator

Giggs has denied the allegations

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56911812

Wales manager and ex-Manchester United player Ryan Giggs has appeared in court to deny assaulting two women.

Mr Giggs is charged with causing actual bodily harm to a woman in her 30s and common assault of a woman in her 20s at an address in Salford last November.

The 47-year-old, of Worsley, is also charged with coercive or controlling behaviour between December 2017 and November 2020.

Mr Giggs, co-owner of Salford City FC, appeared before Manchester magistrates.

Wearing a dark suit and tie he spoke to confirm his address and date of birth before the three charges were read to him.

Court documents indicate he is accused of engaging in controlling or coercive behaviour, which includes "repeatedly or continuously engaged in behaviour which was controlling or coercive, namely, used violence, isolation, belittling, humiliation, harassment, degradation and abuse".

Andrea Griffiths, for the prosecution, told the court Mr Giggs had subjected the woman in her 30s to a "deliberate head butt" on 1 Nov 2020 and this had been "aggravated by domestic background" and being "in drink".

The short hearing was then adjourned and Mr Giggs is due to appear at Manchester Crown Court on 26 May.

He has been bailed until his trial, on condition he does not approach either of the women he is accused of assaulting or approach any addresses where he believes them to be.

• The title was changed to Ryan Giggs Denies Charges of Multiple Offences Against Two Women
  • 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

Ryan Giggs: Ex-Manchester United winger resigns as Wales manager

Ryan Giggs has resigned as Wales manager with immediate effect.

The former Manchester United winger, 48, stepped away from his role in November 2020 after being arrested.

Giggs was later charged with using controlling behaviour and assaulting his ex-girlfriend, charges he has denied.

Robert Page, 47, took over as interim Wales boss in Giggs' absence, leading them to a first World Cup finals since 1958.

The Football Association of Wales is expected to release a statement later on Monday evening.

More to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61868824

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Wales deserve Gary Speed but they get Ryan Giggs. Still a but of a sad one really, 11 years ago already

Speed never had any connection to my club but one of my best buds is a Leeds fan and we met speed at an evening with him and I think Tony Dorigo and Lucas Radebe was there. We got talking to speed near the bar and he was one of the soundest down to earth people I think I've ever spoken to. No arrogance about him talked to us on a level and that always stuck with me then when I found out he died I was genuinely gutted. 

1 minute ago, Claret and Blue said:

Speed never had any connection to my club but one of my best buds is a Leeds fan and we met speed at an evening with him and I think Tony Dorigo and Lucas Radebe was there. We got talking to speed near the bar and he was one of the soundest down to earth people I think I've ever spoken to. No arrogance about him talked to us on a level and that always stuck with me then when I found out he died I was genuinely gutted. 

I've only heard strongly positive comments on Speed's character. I just recently saw a story that his wife had found a letter he wrote when he was 17 and he was suicidal then. There was obviously something deeply askew in his mind, which is sad that it was never addressed and controlled.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I've only heard strongly positive comments on Speed's character. I just recently saw a story that his wife had found a letter he wrote when he was 17 and he was suicidal then. There was obviously something deeply askew in his mind, which is sad that it was never addressed and controlled.

Yeh you never know what's going on in people heads.. I lost a brother to suicide just over 5 years ago now. He was always the happy one the chilled one thy one who said everything be okay when people was stressing. 

To this day we truly don't know the real reason he decided it was too much for him. One of the main factors was break up with his Mrs though. 

Last time I saw him shook his hand and said get help off the doctors and said id phone him.

His daughters tried getting him help off the doctors but he was a clever man and when he went he hid it well and doctors did fuck all. 

I phoned him every day after work. Less than a week after I last saw him I got a phone call from his phone with a different voice on fvr end of the phone. Straight away my heart sunk something somewhere told me something wasn't right before they'd even got the words out. 

I honestly miss him every day. It's fucked a lot of people up him going 

30 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Yeh you never know what's going on in people heads.. I lost a brother to suicide just over 5 years ago now. He was always the happy one the chilled one thy one who said everything be okay when people was stressing. 

To this day we truly don't know the real reason he decided it was too much for him. One of the main factors was break up with his Mrs though. 

Last time I saw him shook his hand and said get help off the doctors and said id phone him.

His daughters tried getting him help off the doctors but he was a clever man and when he went he hid it well and doctors did fuck all. 

I phoned him every day after work. Less than a week after I last saw him I got a phone call from his phone with a different voice on fvr end of the phone. Straight away my heart sunk something somewhere told me something wasn't right before they'd even got the words out. 

I'm sorry to hear that mate, personally it's not happened to me but many I know have gone through something similar. Many of the young men I used to go to high school with have already passed due to similar circumstances.

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm sorry to hear that mate, personally it's not happened to me but many I know have gone through something similar. Many of the young men I used to go to high school with have already passed due to similar circumstances.

Yep too many too young.. Age old problem men not speaking about their problems.. Most of the time it's solvable too but when the demons take over its different game in their heads.. 

I know you hear it so much and a lot of its bull shit but he was one of the soundest people anybody could meet. Never heard him slag anybody off you could tell if he didn't like somebody but he wouldn't sit there giving reasons why. 

We go events football, music, down the pub and still say he should be here.. 

Anybody who goes through this sort of shit will never find it easy 

I haven't posted this for attention with mentioning speed it brought it back a bit.. 

Personally I couldn't give a shit who reads it or listens. I deal with most of the shit myself anyhow. Keep it away from my kids and Mrs.. 

Sometimes you don't know when the big man is gonna call your number.. 

Were all guilty of it you think you've got all the time in the world to see somebody but then they gone. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Claret and Blue said:

Anybody who goes through this sort of shit will never find it easy 

You hang in tight there buddy and I am sorry to hear of your loss, I went through an experience where I found out my eldest sister's daughter, Julie, committed suicide when she was around 18 years old but I only found out a few years later.

To this day I don't know why she did it and the horrible bit was that I was here in the UK a thousand miles away and could not do nowt, I ended up ringing my sister up and had a good old natter with a few tears I can tell you that but she got the experience off her chest which was a good thing.

I can remember Julie from a baby up until she was 14 years old and that's when I left Australia and came back to the UK.

Myself and the wife have been through a lot of heartaches over the years, the wife saw her young brother getting hit by a bus when he was only around 2 years old and was killed, it played on my wife's mind for many a year and I knew when she would suddenly burst out crying that it was her dead brothers Birthday coming up.

But we have come to that stage with old age creeping in and seeing our son & daughter still here with our 3 grandsons growing up and we say to ourselves "Life goes on".

Every year about 4 times a year I will chum the wife and her big sister to the church a few miles away with flowers to put on the graves of her wee brother, mother, grandfather and uncles which helps out our minds and makes us happy,

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, MUFC said:

8 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Ryan Giggs: Ex-Manchester United winger resigns as Wales manager

Ryan Giggs has resigned as Wales manager with immediate effect.

The former Manchester United winger, 48, stepped away from his role in November 2020 after being arrested.

Giggs was later charged with using controlling behaviour and assaulting his ex-girlfriend, charges he has denied.

Robert Page, 47, took over as interim Wales boss in Giggs' absence, leading them to a first World Cup finals since 1958.

The Football Association of Wales is expected to release a statement later on Monday evening.

More to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61868824

9 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

Sorry to hear that mate, my cousin suicided a few years ago, a difficult thing to come to terms with.

9 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

You hang in tight there buddy and I am sorry to hear of your loss, I went through an experience where I found out my eldest sister's daughter, Julie, committed suicide when she was around 18 years old but I only found out a few years later.

To this day I don't know why she did it and the horrible bit was that I was here in the UK a thousand miles away and could not do nowt, I ended up ringing my sister up and had a good old natter with a few tears I can tell you that but she got the experience off her chest which was a good thing.

I can remember Julie from a baby up until she was 14 years old and that's when I left Australia and came back to the UK.

Myself and the wife have been through a lot of heartaches over the years, the wife saw her young brother getting hit by a bus when he was only around 2 years old and was killed, it played on my wife's mind for many a year and I knew when she would suddenly burst out crying that it was her dead brothers Birthday coming up.

But we have come to that stage with old age creeping in and seeing our son & daughter still here with our 3 grandsons growing up and we say to ourselves "Life goes on".

Every year about 4 times a year I will chum the wife and her big sister to the church a few miles away with flowers to put on the graves of her wee brother, mother, grandfather and uncles which helps out our minds and makes us happy,

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Sorry to hear that mate, my cousin suicided a few years ago, a difficult thing to come to terms with.

Cheers men. Life's fucking tough at times i don't think my life is any worse than anybody else's I went to berivment counciling and some of the things people told us in there was heartbreaking I cried like a baby. 

Sorry for taking this post about giggs off topic too. 

Anybody every struggling though reach out to somebody even when your minds telling you no fucker cares or no 1 will listen do it anyhow because there's always a brother or sister who'll listen 

Fuck GIGGS 😂 

Anyone struggling with mental health should speak with someone, I laughed it off my whole life as a taboo topic, and for crazies but it's putting me back on the track, mental health isn't a joke and is taking men way too early.

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Anyone struggling with mental health should speak with someone, I laughed it off my whole life as a taboo topic, and for crazies but it's putting me back on the track, mental health isn't a joke and is taking men way too early.

Exactly. I find the best thing for me was hammering the gym almost every day and keeping on with the judo 🥋 

Was massive fucking effort even leaving the house and carrying on when your body feels tired as well as your mind and everything else but it's got to be done. You can't just sit and fade away and make that life till the end of of time. 

NHS etc take a lot of stick. I went to a place called red house Swinton and they helped me massively but you only got 8 sessions and then back of the list again and waiting ages 

Archived