talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea - Tuesday 27th April, 2021 (1st Leg)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not convinced by Zidane tactically, he seems to be a motivation guy, that relies on his personality and 'legend' to push elite players to perform at their best.

I think he is a good coach. But I agree, he's not a superb tactician. 

Benzema is so good. Generational striker. Dude is an offensive system on his own. He's basically the only reliable source of goals for Real Madrid.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Pulisic's cross a tad too high for Werner. :(

There's about 3 times he's passed it too hard for Werner when they were in good positions. 

• Administrator

Also, did anyone just absolutely love playing in this kind of weather when they were younger :x 

Tackles flying in all over the shop on a proper bog of a pitch on Sunday mornings.

Just now, Stan said:

Also, did anyone just absolutely love playing in this kind of weather when they were younger :x 

Must be an English thing, as you had no other choice. :ph34r:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Be honest. Assuming Pulisic had made the perfect pass, would Timo have converted?

Probably not, but it would at least give Werner the chance to do so.

This game is being played at a very fast pace, I wonder if they can keep this pace up in the 2nd half? It has certainly been fun watching it though and both teams seem fully up for this game. Even though it's early days yet, I have a feeling that Chelsea might just make the Champions League final.

• Subscriber

I think some players need to change their boots because the amount of slipping has been a bit silly and this isn't even with them running at full tilt to reach a ball but simple turns. I hope Chelsea make it out of this one with a win rather than a tie. 

• The title was changed to Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea - Tuesday 27th April, 2021 (1st Leg)
57 minutes ago, Stan said:

Tackles flying in all over the shop on a proper bog of a pitch on Sunday mornings.

Proper Sunday League weather. You found out who the best players were in this weather, they could control the ball with ease in slippy conditions.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Fairly even I thought... We had our moments and they had theirs.. 

Thought you guys restricted Real to very few chances, especially 2nd half. I don't recall Mendy having to do much. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived