talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PSG 1-2 Man City - Wednesday 28th April, 2021 (1st Leg)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh... one of these sides guaranteed a place in the finals is a bit disgusting, tbh.

And because 2021 has us living on some bizarre parallel universe, PSG are the club left in the tournament with the most integrity because the other fuckers were part of those 12 clubs attempting to ruin European Football. And that's incredible because PSG are a side that has basically no fucking integrity, just Qatar's attempt at sportwashing and advertising for their upcoming World Cup.

From a geopolitical perspective, it's a bit funny because it's Qatar vs. the UAE - who haven't had the best of relations in the last few years.

I just hope El Plastico is an entertaining match, because either of these sides making it to a final isn't really an exciting prospect for me -  even though I suppose I'm wanting PSG to win the whole thing now.

Paris Saint-Germain: Keylor Navas; Alessandro Florenzi, Marquinhos (capt), Presnel Kimpembe, Mitchel Bakker; Leandro Paredes, Marco Verratti, Idrissa Gueye; Angel Di Maria, Kylian Mbappe, Neymar

Manchester City: Ederson; Kyle Walker, Ruben Dias, John Stones, Joao Cancelo; Ilkay Gundogan, Rodri, Kevin De Bruyne (capt); Riyad Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, Phil Foden

Not a bad team tonight, glad Foden is starting, no Sterling again!

Ederson

Walker - Stones - Dias - Cancelo

Gundogan - Rodrigo - De Bruyne

Mahrez - Bernardo - Foden

BENCH:- Steffen, Ake, Laporte, Mendy, Zinc, Garcia, Trafford, Sterling, Torres, Fernandinho, Jesus, Aguero

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ugh... one of these sides guaranteed a place in the finals is a bit disgusting, tbh.

And because 2021 has us living on some bizarre parallel universe, PSG are the club left in the tournament with the most integrity because the other fuckers were part of those 12 clubs attempting to ruin European Football. And that's incredible because PSG are a side that has basically no fucking integrity, just Qatar's attempt at sportwashing and advertising for their upcoming World Cup.

From a geopolitical perspective, it's a bit funny because it's Qatar vs. the UAE - who haven't had the best of relations in the last few years.

I just hope El Plastico is an entertaining match, because either of these sides making it to a final isn't really an exciting prospect for me -  even though I suppose I'm wanting PSG to win the whole thing now.

I think you're giving PSG too much credit here. Yes they were against the SL and pro UEFA, but I wouldn't call that integrity. PSG have been systematically vantaged by UEFA.

Back in the Platini days PSG should have been destroyed by FFP, but whereas poor clubs from the Balkan were treated without mercy, PSG never really had to pay any substantive amount. I bet it's mere coincidence that Platini's son Laurent had close ties to PSG.

And don't forget their scandalous match against RSC Anderlecht. 

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Not a bad team tonight, glad Foden is starting, no Sterling again!

Sterling's been quite poor for a good while. Probably best for Man City he misses out tonight.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sterling's been quite poor for a good while. Probably best for Man City he misses out tonight.

He's dragging his heels signing a new contract, think that's why Pep's not using him ..Pep said recently only fully  committed players will start games, the others can sit on the bench

Good header nevertheless by Marquinhos. Now lets see how Man City respond and what they are made of. They have been pursuing this trophy for years, to be the best, they have to step up and beat the best. Hopefully they find an equaliser to make the tie more interesting.

• The title was changed to PSG 1-2 Man City - Wednesday 28th April, 2021 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived