talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PSG 1-2 Man City - Wednesday 28th April, 2021 (1st Leg)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 6666 said:

With all that money, you'd think PSG would have a better manager. Pochettino might be a media darling but he's not top draw.

He's probably the best they can get, tbh. The top top managers probably want to manage in a league that's more competitive. Poch's someone that was seen as wanting a step to a higher level of ambition (and PSG have way more ambition than most clubs, tbh - even if they're just oily sportswashing twats)... and he's actually played for PSG before, so someone it's a manager pre-takeover PSG fans can probably connect to a bit.

I think a second half collapse like that says more about the players than the manager. There's a whole other leg to go and we've seen sides turn things around with worse odds of success to make it to the final... but it does raise questions about the mentalities of the players imo.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Thank Stan, but you’d be luck if I put one bet on a month 😂 I just fancied something a bit daft tonight, didn’t expect it to happen but it’s annoying being so close!

I thought you had a bet for Ndidi to get booked in our game. Apologies if I'm getting mixed up with someone else! 

@Lucasfair play mate. I got into a bit of a spiral before catching myself. Found myself betting on stupid things hoping they'd come to fruition for a big win. Always one goal out, one booking out, one corner out, one shot on target out. All too regularly. Had to nip it in the bud before it got worse. Did it the week before Cheltenham and haven't bet anything since. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's probably the best they can get, tbh. The top top managers probably want to manage in a league that's more competitive. Poch's someone that was seen as wanting a step to a higher level of ambition (and PSG have way more ambition than most clubs, tbh - even if they're just oily sportswashing twats)... and he's actually played for PSG before, so someone it's a manager pre-takeover PSG fans can probably connect to a bit.

I think a second half collapse like that says more about the players than the manager. There's a whole other leg to go and we've seen sides turn things around with worse odds of success to make it to the final... but it does raise questions about the mentalities of the players imo.

Him struggling to run away with PSG in a league where they're by far the favourites should say a lot.

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought you had a bet for Ndidi to get booked in our game. Apologies if I'm getting mixed up with someone else! 

@Lucasfair play mate. I got into a bit of a spiral before catching myself. Found myself betting on stupid things hoping they'd come to fruition for a big win. Always one goal out, one booking out, one corner out, one shot on target out. All too regularly. Had to nip it in the bud before it got worse. Did it the week before Cheltenham and haven't bet anything since. 

No you’re correct, but this is a rarity for me. I worked in a bookies for two years so I saw first hand the effects of addiction. It’s something I would never ever go near. Keep it fun...even if Mbappe is being a useless shit 😅

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Him struggling to run away with PSG in a league where they're by far the favourites should say a lot.

Tbf he took the job midseason

I know you’re trying to probably shit on him because he’s Spurs best manager probably in our lifetimes and he just lost in the third or forth biggest match of his managerial career…

… but who better would you pick to manage PSG right now? Most managers better than Poch are at clubs where they would probably wouldn’t be interested.

For PSG they got one of the better managers available with the added bonus of him being an ex-player. I always think it’s harsh to judge a manager until they get a preseason and then half a season of competitive football.

Granted, I hope he fails big time because fuck PSG

Navas had an absolute nightmare with both goals in my opinion, the first was pure comedy and the second he should have reacted quicker. 

Maybe we might be able to get rid of De Gea to them after all. 

• Administrator

Navas can't be blamed that much for the 2nd. The wall is more to blame. If you're in the wall there needs to be no gaps, at all. Totally counter-productive if you allow a gap big enough for the ball to go through. So Navas has less time to react because the wall failed to do its job. 

Our media will understandably be praising City but let’s face it, this was actually a game of fine margins regardless of how the 2nd half went. The KDB goal was a fluke and a massive goalkeeping error, Foden despite being in great positions never challenged the keeper, funnily enough Joe Hart probably cursed Navas by singing his praises pre-game.

Looking forward to the 2nd leg though.

15 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm only jesting, everyone has their own reasons. I personally see no harm in it as long as you do it for fun and dont get too obsessed. So if you felt you were overstepping the line, its a good call.

That said, I am on fire this week. Won over £200 off me last four bets including that one for £57 last night.

But the key is control.

20210424_170340.thumb.jpg.2cee5d6dad6b44e556e093377fe7490c.jpg

20210424_193149.thumb.jpg.ff2839a227b6ac48bd8e9f5df73ab47b.jpg

I just love the bet builders at the mo. It does make watching a game you've no allegiance in entertaining.

18 hours ago, DNA said:

Our media will understandably be praising City but let’s face it, this was actually a game of fine margins regardless of how the 2nd half went. The KDB goal was a fluke and a massive goalkeeping error, Foden despite being in great positions never challenged the keeper, funnily enough Joe Hart probably cursed Navas by singing his praises pre-game.

Looking forward to the 2nd leg though.

I don't think it was, the ball travelled through a box of people and no one went for the header when it was clearly a cross. Then when the ball landed, there was so much back spin on the ball that it completely changed the ball's trajectory, it was going off, but the back spin put it into the net. Maybe the keeper could have been more alert but if you watch the trajectory of the ball after it passes through the group of players in the box, the back spin sends it in. Just bad luck.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived