talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

RB Leipzig: Domenico Tedesco takes over

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Coma said:

Closet RB fan conveniently changes thread title to promote club that no one likes.

I'm not a closet RB Fan. I don't even follow them on twitter. I think a real fan would definitely follow them on twitter. :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Tedesco seems like a distinctly predictable Bundesliga-type appointment. Not very Red-Bull-y.

Problem is they've changed their style of play from the Rangnick days and there's no one left in the organization that could be classed as an "innovator".  Rapha Honigstein had a great article on that very topic.

21 hours ago, Coma said:

Problem is they've changed their style of play from the Rangnick days and there's no one left in the organization that could be classed as an "innovator".  Rapha Honigstein had a great article on that very topic.

I think the issue is that Nagelsmann was so much more well-rounded than the typical RB press-and-counter type coaches. 

From there they could either go back to the old way, or go down the path of developing a more consistent, possession-based style, maybe with a coach from outside the BuLi. They tried going back with Marsch, that failed, and now it looks like they're kinda doing neither.

20 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I think the issue is that Nagelsmann was so much more well-rounded than the typical RB press-and-counter type coaches. 

From there they could either go back to the old way, or go down the path of developing a more consistent, possession-based style, maybe with a coach from outside the BuLi. They tried going back with Marsch, that failed, and now it looks like they're kinda doing neither.

Not really RB related, still there's an issue with managers from outside the Buli people from English-speaking countries tend to forget. German is a pre-requisite to manage in Germany.

Archived