The better place to talk football.

RB Leipzig: Domenico Tedesco takes over

• The title was changed to Jesse Marsch Agrees To Take Over at RB Leipzig
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

No surprises there then. 

Thought he did well at Salzburg during his first season there, but then reached his limit and there hasn't been any improvements whatsoever. If anything, they got worse, although that is also directly connected with the worsened quality of the squad. 

Don't think he'll be successful in Leipzig, anyway. (fingers crossed) 

• 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to RB Leipzig sack Jesse Marsch
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

According to Kicker, RB want Roger Schmidt as their next head coach.

I saw him a couple of times in Düsseldorf, shopping with his son. Bit unrelated, but it's a story I have to tell. 

• Subscriber

Only the Star but you never know, I am sure I read that Ralf Rangnick said his good friend who worked with him, Jesse Marsch, was now available and he would have to give him a call?

RB Leipzig sack coach sparking talk he'll reunite with Ralf Rangnick at Man Utd

RB Leipzig have sacked manager Jesse Marsch, leaving him open to joining forces once again with Ralf Rangnick, who is searching for a new assistant at Manchester United

RB Leipzig have sacked manager Jesse Marsch, leading to suggestions he could reunite with Ralf Rangnick at Manchester United.

Marsch only took over the Bundesliga club in the summer but has lost his job after an underwhelming start to the season which sees them sat 11th in the table.

With the American now without a job and Rangnick searching for an assistant manager following Michael Carrick's departure, the duo could join forces once more at Old Trafford.

Marsch was the German coach's right hand man at Leipzig for the 2018/19 season, when they finished third with now Chelsea star Timo Werner firing in the goals.

FULL REPORT

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Coma said:

Marsch was in over his head.  I'm sure he's a decent coach but anyone on this forum could win titles with Fizzy Salzburg.

I couldn't. I'd get them relegated.

Roger Schmidt intends, according to Kicker, to fulfill his contract til the end of this season at PSV.  Nice to see there are still managers out there, who respect their contracts and don't jump ship at every opportunity. It's even nicer Leipzig apparently don't get the manager they want, when they want him. Here's still hope they appoint somebody out of their depth in this function.

• The title was changed to RB Leipzig Thread
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Just made this into a RB Leipzig thread so I can post this. 

Talk about optimistic. 

You broke the main rule of the forum:

Chapter I, Article 1: Under no circumstances will there be a dedicated thread opened for RB Leipzig or any of the sister clubs. Doing so is a serious bannable offense, with suspension time up to 12 years, decided on a case by case basis.

Just now, nudge said:

Chapter I, Article 1: Under no circumstances will there be a dedicated thread opened for RB Leipzig or any of the sister clubs. Doing so is a serious bannable offense, with suspension time up to 12 years, decided on a case by case basis.

You know what they say. 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just made this into a RB Leipzig thread so I can post this. 

Talk about optimistic. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

nicksplat rugrats GIF

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

You know what they say. 

giphy.gif

This will not be helpful as a defense argument in the forum court. The best line of defense would be claiming intoxication, as it is usually considered to be mitigating circumstances by the forum judges.

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

This will not be helpful as a defense argument in the forum court. The best line of defense would be claiming intoxication, as it is usually considered to be mitigating circumstances by the forum judges.

What about being too sober? 🤔

Anyway, got some more RB Leipzig news. 

https://www.eurosport.de/fussball/bundesliga/2021-2022/rb-leipzig-domenico-tedesco-laut-medienbericht-heisser-kandidat-fur-nachfolge-von-jesse-marsch_sto8662965/story.shtml

Tedesco could be RB's new coach.

• The title was changed to RB Leipzig: Domenico Tedesco takes over

Archived