talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Was Your Italian Team in the 90s?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

There are some iconic players and squads in this era. 

Hard to choose. An affinity to Parma because of the name. They had some huge names play for them - Chiesa, Thuram, Cannavaro, Veron, Buffon, Crespo. 

Fiorentina's kit alone was iconic, let alone legends like Batistuta scoring goals for fun for them. 

The Milan and Juve sides flooded with legendary names too. Too many to mention really. 

Roma because of Totti but that's probably become more of a retrospective love-in. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hard to choose. An affinity to Parma because of the name. They had some huge names play for them - Chiesa, Thuram, Cannavaro, Veron, Buffon, Crespo. 

That's a good shout as well. I'm sticking with Fiorentina, but... I remember liking Parma because "that's where parmesan cheese is from" and they had so many good players play for them.

90s Serie A football memories are giving me some serious nostalgia. Simpler times

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

90s Serie A football memories are giving me some serious nostalgia. Simpler times

Football Italia has a lot to be thankful for. I'm so glad I had the chance to grow up watching that. Loved everything about it. Worth watching the BT Sport documentary if you can find it on the rise and rise and then fall of it. James Richardson had the perfect identity and personality for that programme and then leading in to the 2pm game on Channel 4.

GOOOOOLLLAAAACCIOOOOOOO!

Guaranteed I'm not the only one as a kid who used to think they would be saying 'Gooo Lazio!' in the opening credits! 

• Subscriber

Ohhh Italian football was just so good in the 90s... 

Juventus for me. Del Piero, Inzaghi, Davids, Baggio, Conte, Kohler, Zidane, Möller, Peruzzi, Deschamps, etc... Just fantastic to watch.

Also loved Milan in early 90s with their Dutch connection.

I used to play this football manager type game through the post where you'd pay a 5er to do it, pick a club, get given players, get put into a league with others and then someone  at the company would process the games, stats etc and send it back to everyone. A postal version of the game @SkyBruce Championship used to do on here

I was Fiorentina in one iteration of it which was pretty sick. Loved the purple kit.

Fiorentina for me. Purple is my favourite colour, I picked the purple team. Just like Minnesota xD. It helped that Batigol was banging them in. Managed to get to Fiorentina vs Juve back in 2012 I think. What an atmosphere. Basically sat in an amphitheatre on stone seats 😂

Roma, I'd say. Thomas Häßler who was one of my favourite players growing up played for them. Rudi Völler too. And there was always something elegant and legendary about their kits. 

Archived