Last 3 Meetings
16/01/2021 - Fulham 0-1 Chelsea
03/03/2019 - Fulham 1-2 Chelsea
02/12/2018 - Chelsea 2-0 Fulham

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Strong team bar the odd pivot pairing. Gilmour just tossed in. 

He should have made more use of Gilmour in previous games to have given more rest to the likes of Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante. 

Again, Werner probably isn't someone we can rely on heavily throughout the season but he does perhaps go underappreciated at times as his pace and movement off the ball is a decent weapon in itself. Suits certain circumstances and periods, needs a goal for his confidence but despite his misses being annoying, I think recent criticism of him has been a bit harsh and over the top.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 2-0 Fulham - Saturday 1st May, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned
16 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Thanks to Werner and his Covid braindead damage surely. Without that you'd be 2nd in goals scored, with an elite striker maybe 1st.

I'm not sure where you got the covid thing with Timo. He was dogshit at finishing at RBL too. Not THIS bad, but still profligate none the less. 

BTW, how do you find Delaney at BVB? 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm not sure where you got the covid thing with Timo. He was dogshit at finishing at RBL too. Not THIS bad, but still profligate none the less. 

My impression was that Werner was fairly decent at finishing at RB, although I'm happy to admit I didn't follow them closely. I watch the Bundesliga highlights on a regular basis. Usually they show really bad misses.

After he joined Chelsea his finishing was immediately much worse, which I attributed to NERVES, but - as you said - not THIS bad. The misses he made prior to his Covid infection were often close misses and - at least partially - due to him being under pressure or off balance. Whereas after his infection he started missing absolute sitters even under optimal conditions(no spin on the ball, the ball didn't bounce off some bump shortly before his foot made contact with it, the ball didn't come from a weird angle ...)

Look at his miss vs Macedonia for example. The ball might have come from a slightly weird angle, but he could have easily scored with his left foot and when he tried to use his right foot, his timing was completely off.

Covid attacks the brain much than the normal 'flu' even if the infected shows very mild symptoms only. If you read up on the long-term effects of a Covid infection, you'll find that it can severly damage the psycho-motorics.

BTW, how do you find Delaney at BVB? 

Delaney is very solid, easily good enough to help us against ~80% of the teams we face.

The only problem with him is that he's not quite quick and agile enough to resist the pressing from teams like Bayern. He often gets dispossessed, sometimes makes unforced errrors. But the same thing can be said about Witsel.

Archived