talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd P-P Liverpool - Sunday 2nd May, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber

You know regarding the Chelsea fans, I think there was a bit of a coincidence in the protest and the super league falling through, I want to think it was the fans - but I'm not totally sure it was.

However, if that's what the consensus is, and it does make fans realise they do have some power in this (and they do), then this can only be a good thing.

This is a plus. It's exactly what's been needed for a long time. The super league tipped things over the edge.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Wonder if the match will be played tomorrow instead. Sky have got Spurs vs Sheff Utd and they probably won't want to change that game time. Or have it on at same time to split their viewers. 

• Administrator

Okay Micah Richards has pissed me off now with his comments. Falling short of fully criticising Man City owners just because he's an ambassador. Saying 'it's not about the money'. It clearly fucking is you melt. 

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Seriously. What the fuck is standing outside going to achieve? I reckon Chelsea were performing a u-turn before the fans turned out so I’m not having that they alone turned the tide that day from outside the ground. Not having a go at them either, just people are using it as a barometer against United fans at the minute.

They were definitely not the ones that turned the tide but it played a small part definitely. 

Chelsea fans weren't just outside the ground, they reportedly stopped the team bus from entering and caused the closure of Fulham Road. Cech had to come out to encourage them to stop the protest. I would have been there if I was in the country. As Dan said though, this whole thing has made fans realize the power they have again which in theory should be a great thing. I also think the pandemic plays a part in escalating frustrations and also the normality and thought of fans being together again after such a year encouraged a lot to turn up.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Rick said:

Doubt it gets played tomorrow either. 

That's the only date you can play it without extending the season or having one of the two playing two games in three days. That'll be their aim I think.

Just now, Dan said:

That's the only date you can play it without extending the season or having one of the two playing two games in three days. That'll be their aim I think.

Going to have the same turn out tomorrow. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

He’s had a fucking mate today. So out of touch on every talking point. 

Playing the victim. He's just so wrong I don't even know where to start.

Dave Jones isn't much better either.

Neville & Carragher get it.

All this has been years in the making and goes well beyond the European Super League and is a reflection and outpouring of the contempt fans are held in by English Football, the clubs themselves and broadcasters like Sky. The fans who have caused damaged have undoubtedly gone too far but fans have been pushed and pushed since the beginning of the Premier League and this ESL was the breaking point. Let’s also not make any Sky employee some form of hero either. 

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Playing the victim. He's just so wrong I don't even know where to start.

Dave Jones isn't much better either.

Neville & Carragher get it.

Dave Jones getting upset when Carragher calls him on playing devils advocate. He’s an utter moron.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Jenas chatting shit as per. 

Not entirely. There is definitely a section of fans that have gone too far with certain actions.

Violence and hurling objects at police. Scum

I suspect Sky Sports are very, very upset. For all their virtue signalling about supporting the fans, Sky are a total commercial business who are all about "The Product". The bigwigs would be incredibly upset at an embarrassing afternoon like this for Sky.

I suspect Dave Jones is under enormous pressure to tow the company line and to ensure that the focus is hammered home on people doing stupid shit to try and bury the outrage against the ESL to return to business as usual. Sky want this kicked into the long grass and forgotten.

Carragher and Neville don't tow that line because they are, whatever their faults, utterly connected to their clubs and to the game. Jones desperately trying to get them to tow the Sky line was embarrassing.

Obviously, whoever threw the flare at the Sky box deserves to face the full force of the law and is an utter twat.

• Subscriber

Sky reporting on minor incidents that happened within it rather than why it's happened. Carragher & Neville were having none of it. Wouldn't be surprised if both of those two ended up leaving Sky after this. They're on different pages and this has really exposed it.

I don't think Carragher and Neville will leave - they aren't going to get as much of a platform anywhere else and Sky are highly unlikely to sack them.

Watching Sky trying to force them to give the corporate answer was hilarious.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Not entirely. There is definitely a section of fans that have gone too far with certain actions.

Violence and hurling objects at police. Scum

At the time I made the comment I didn't know this. 

• Subscriber

Interesting to see now whether this protest gets the BLM/Extinction Rebellion treatment where the media focuses on the criminal actions of a minority so that they can undermine the fair and righteous cause of the protesters in the first place.

Good on the Man Utd fans. People should stick up for what they believe instead of rolling over, and shouldn't stop just because the majority have stopped talking about the scandalous actions we saw 2 weeks ago.

• The title was changed to Man Utd P-P Liverpool - Sunday 2nd May, 2021

Not as dumb as the Man Utd fans that invaded a training session but still pretty dumb.

I get people are upset about the ESL proposal and the Glazers but we are essentially just talking about football, and being a fan of a football club doesn't mean you own the club. People comparing it to BLM and environmentalists have lost all sense of perspective. Being emotional and football being your escapism doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.

:eek:

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Seriously. What the fuck is standing outside going to achieve? I reckon Chelsea were performing a u-turn before the fans turned out so I’m not having that they alone turned the tide that day from outside the ground. Not having a go at them either, just people are using it as a barometer against United fans at the minute.

It doesn't matter if our fans had anything to do with the U-turn or not I think what's upsetting you most is that our protest was a peaceful non violent affair with tea and scones and compared to us you lot are looking like a load of hooligans on the rampage from the 70's... Being compared to Chelsea fans and coming off worse must be hard to swallow... B|

• The title was changed to Man Utd P-P Liverpool - Sunday 2nd May, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived