The better place to talk football.

Man Utd P-P Liverpool - Sunday 2nd May, 2021

football forum

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
22 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Not as dumb as the Man Utd fans that invaded a training session but still pretty dumb.

I get people are upset about the ESL proposal and the Glazers but we are essentially just talking about football, and being a fan of a football club doesn't mean you own the club. People comparing it to BLM and environmentalists have lost all sense of perspective. Being emotional and football being your escapism doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.

:eek:

How else would fans be able to get their message across to the owners without sacrificing their own hard-earned money to watch their club? Might mean you don't own the club but the fans were there before these owners, and will be there long after it. So essentially they don't want their club sold down their river by anyone current. 

Protests outside the ground or during matches clearly didn't work, so eventually another statement has to be made. I don't agree with the violence or abuse of police but I very much doubt everyone there had that intention or even acted on that.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

How else would fans be able to get their message across to the owners without sacrificing their own hard-earned money to watch their club? Might mean you don't own the club but the fans were there before these owners, and will be there long after it. So essentially they don't want their club sold down their river by anyone current. 

Protests outside the ground or during matches clearly didn't work, so eventually another statement has to be made. I don't agree with the violence or abuse of police but I very much doubt everyone there had that intention or even acted on that.

It may only be a minority, but the ones who turned violent are the ones that ruin it for everybody. Yes, the game was postponed, but other than that, the club and owners are now going to be painted as victims by the press who will focus on the violence cause by a minority of dickheads. 

Acting threatening towards the teams by being outside the hotels they are staying at is a disgrace though. That truly is just yob behaviour, and I have no doubt in my mind that those busses would have been targeted today. 

12 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

As you were.

Hahahaha what a galaxy-brained argument that is.

“If your club was well-run, you wouldn’t be protesting against how well run your club is”

Simply genius. 

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Not as dumb as the Man Utd fans that invaded a training session but still pretty dumb.

I get people are upset about the ESL proposal and the Glazers but we are essentially just talking about football, and being a fan of a football club doesn't mean you own the club. People comparing it to BLM and environmentalists have lost all sense of perspective. Being emotional and football being your escapism doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.

:eek:

Nobody is defending the ones who turned violent against stewards and police who they have no gripe with. But focusing on those few idiots instead of on the issues that led to the protest in the first place is the very definition of losing perspective and it's exactly what happened with Extinction Rebellion, the Sarah Everard vigil, it was attempted unsuccessfully with BLM as well after that statue was torn down in Bristol.

• Subscriber

Nice eh. Cunts.

Surprised by a lot of people on here.

It’s simple.

Peaceful protest every week before a game. By all means. 

But trespassing? breaking in? Throwing bottles and objects?  hurting police officers? If one person gets hurt that’s one person too many. Be different if it was one of your family members. 

it’s football ffs, get a grip. Football doesn’t justify breaking the law.

• Administrator
Just now, JoshBRFC said:

Nice eh. Cunts.

It’s simple.

But trespassing? breaking in? Throwing bottles and objects?  hurting police officers? If one person gets hurt that’s one person too many. Be different if it was one of your family members. 

Way to generalise and tar everyone with the same brush though.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Way to generalise and tar everyone with the same brush though.

Am I doing that though?

Sorry, for the record - I know and I am well aware not everyone had bad intentions and went for a peaceful protest.

They did the whole thing together and a lot of people threw objects and a lot of people broke into the stadium. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Rick said:

It may only be a minority, but the ones who turned violent are the ones that ruin it for everybody. Yes, the game was postponed, but other than that, the club and owners are now going to be painted as victims by the press who will focus on the violence cause by a minority of dickheads. 

Acting threatening towards the teams by being outside the hotels they are staying at is a disgrace though. That truly is just yob behaviour, and I have no doubt in my mind that those busses would have been targeted today. 

That would've happened no matter what. Sky's good guy mask slipped pretty quickly - not that they were fooling anybody other than the most naive.

It's a non debate. Jones is a puppet and Souness was just embarrassing.

7 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Am I doing that though? 

They did the whole thing together and a lot of people threw objects and a lot of people broke into the stadium. 

Well yes. You just answered your own question mate xD

Reports of between 4-5k in attendance by GMP. Around 100 broke into the stadium. Several threw bottles and attacked police, acting like cunts.

In summary, you’ve said ‘they did the whole thing together’. So yes; you’ve quite literally tarnished everyone with the same brush. 

11 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Nice eh. Cunts.

It’s simple.

I've not seen much of the footage from yesterday as I was out but I don't think there's many better ways to protest than get the biggest game in English football called off

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Well yes. You just answered your own question mate xD

Reports of between 4-5k in attendance by GMP. Around 100 broke into the stadium. Several threw bottles and attacked police, acting like cunts.

In summary, you’ve said ‘they did the whole thing together’. So yes; you’ve quite literally tarnished everyone with the same brush. 

But I’m saying I’m not. And I know I’m not. But it’s typical of people to try and put words into other peoples mouths. Or this occasion... fingers. 9_9 To try and make the own point seem stronger.

The point of the last paragraph is everyone did the protest together didn’t they. It happened on the same day, and it was apparently for the same cause. So the group as a whole are obviously going to take criticism. If there was no protest in the first place, Derek from Salford wouldn’t have injured a Police offer would he? Or Dwayne Pipe from London wouldn’t have thrown a Grenade at Graeme Souness :ph34r:

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I've not seen much of the footage from yesterday as I was out but I don't think there's many better ways to protest than get the biggest game in English football called off

Definitely. They picked the right game. But the game wouldn’t have been called off if they would have acted lawfully. 

Football isn’t that important that it enables people to break the law. I don’t care what anyone says on here and let 50 of you jump on me, football is really not that important where we can justify people breaking the law. “yeah but the other 75% acted innocently and we got the biggest game in football called off” so what.... it’s irrelevant, people had to break the law for the game to be called off. 

On 30/04/2021 at 16:06, Stan said:

I do wonder if Man Utd will rest a few players though. Solskjaer really wants that first piece of silverware and EL would provide that; I suspect the key players are more likely to play on Thursday and perhaps not for the full game on Sunday.

I reckon you'll win. 

He He how about the whole team does that work :p

8 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Definitely. They picked the right game. But the game wouldn’t have been called off if they would have acted lawfully. 

Football isn’t that important that it enables people to break the law. I don’t care what anyone says on here and let 50 of you jump on me, football is really not that important where we can justify people breaking the law. “yeah but the other 75% acted innocently and we got the biggest game in football called off” so what.... it’s irrelevant, people had to break the law for the game to be called off. 

Personally don't see the issue with the people who got onto the pitch. If anyone has been injured (police, club staff etc) of course that is not right

1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

The problem you have is that had they just acted as you said lawfully people would not of been talking about it now. therefore it goes away and TBF if this was your club being subjugated to these shenanigans your opwn supporters would of done the same. as for breaking the law. when you get groups of protestors you will always get mindless idiots that push it that step further. Whilst im not condoning that it should not detract from the message and the impact that yesterdays protest had. the lawbreakers the police will deal with. whilst the implications of yesterdays postponed game. Well that falls at the feet of the two clubs. 

People have a right to voice there opinion. Unfortunately society only listens if it impacts them. we've been protesting for 15 years lawfully about the Glazers and nothing has been done. So when your calls for change fall on deaf ears some people not all and i am talking about a minority here decide to do something a little more dramatic than the norm to instigate the powers that be to sit up and take notice. As much as i am disappointed i didn't get to see my team smash the Scousers yesterday i am perfectly happy the fans got the message across to not only the Glazers but to Liverpool's Owners too. Hopefully this will go further and help other owners realise how important the fans are.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Manc Red said:

when you get groups of protestors you will always get mindless idiots that push it that step further.

Why will you always get that? Why does that have to be the accepted theme and all I keep hearing?  

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Manc Red said:

People have a right to voice there opinion. Unfortunately society only listens if it impacts them. 

I don’t think that’s true. It’s a massive game, and the protest would still have been seen and heard around the world if the game had been played. And then just do it again.... and again. Without breaking the law and breaking into the ground and the changing rooms and without forcefully throwing objects at other human beings and god knows what else. Society would have still listened without all that.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Why will you always get that? Why does that have to be the accepted theme and all I keep hearing?  

It's not accepted but it just happens. People get emotionally charged and passionate and then end up doing things they should and probably will regret. No one agrees with the violent aspect of the protest or injuring police. 

• The title was changed to Man Utd P-P Liverpool - Sunday 2nd May, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived