talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd P-P Liverpool - Sunday 2nd May, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

It's not accepted but it just happens. People get emotionally charged and passionate and then end up doing things they should and probably will regret. No one agrees with the violent aspect of the protest or injuring police. 

It’s not passion, it’s using football as an excuse to break the law. These type of thugs will use any excuse.

“Yeah but the other % didn’t harm anyone.” 

Hopefully next time they can do it the right and lawful way. As I understand their frustration totally.  

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Why will you always get that? Why does that have to be the accepted theme and all I keep hearing?  

It’s called human nature? Go into town for a night out and you’ll get several bellends, every single weekend. It’s just the way it is. It will never change. Just look at this forum. There’s 99% decent posters and then you. 

:ph34r:

I don’t think that’s true. It’s a massive game, and the protest would still have been seen and heard around the world if the game had been played. And then just do it again.... and again. Without breaking the law and breaking into the ground and the changing rooms and without forcefully throwing objects at other human beings and god knows what else. Society would have still listened without all that.

No one would still be talking about Man Utd fans stood outside the ground singing a few songs right now if the game wasn't called off. It would have been forgotten about quite quickly

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Why will you always get that? Why does that have to be the accepted theme and all I keep hearing?  

You get that everywhere, some idiots will highjack a peaceful protest, cover their faces with hoods or scarves and act if they are fucking ninja warriors on a mission and not just football, the White House invasion when a bell end named Trump declared "Lets fight..." and his supporters reacted, as I said it happens everywhere and I wouldn't mind betting that a lot of the violent protesters at OT were not United supporters but supporters of other teams and created problems to give United bad publicity. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s called human nature? Go into town for a night out and you’ll get several bellends, every single weekend. It’s just the way it is. It will never change. Just look at this forum. There’s 99% decent posters and then you. 

:ph34r:

First half of your post - untrue.

Second half - fair point.

I have no issue with them getting in and causing a bit of a delay or even making it that the game is called off. But how the fuck can you call them peaceful protests inside the ground when people were throwing shit at the sky pundits, even a flair. That’s not peaceful, and those protestors crossed the fucking line right away by doing it. 

The Chelsea fans didn’t do this shit, they just say in the road and stopped the bus getting into the stadium. They could have done that all night long and it would have gotten the game called off. That was a peaceful protest and one that had plenty of eyes on it. 

Yes, what these cunts are doing to these clubs is a disgrace and we all want them out but for fuck sake it is still a game. I will never condone people acting like this and hurting others because of a game of football. Get a bastard grip. 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

No one would still be talking about Man Utd fans stood outside the ground singing a few songs right now if the game wasn't called off. It would have been forgotten about quite quickly

I don’t think that’s true, If they were doing it every game we would soon know about it. It would be part of the broadcast on tv every time thee match is on TV and it would be heard and seen around the world. They would also not be in the news for hurting their own clubs staff members and generally breaking the law.

6 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I don’t think that’s true, If they were doing it every game we would soon know about it. It would be part of the broadcast on tv every time thee match is on TV and it would be heard and seen around the world.

Literally happened in 2010.

No fucks given.

10 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I don’t think that’s true, If they were doing it every game we would soon know about it. It would be part of the broadcast on tv every time thee match is on TV and it would be heard and seen around the world. They would also not be in the news for hurting their own clubs staff members and generally breaking the law.

Did that about 10 years ago didn't they? And it just fizzled out. Something like this should make the relevant people take proper notice because they won't want a repeat of a match being called off

• Subscriber

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Did that about 10 years ago didn't they? And it just fizzled out. Something like this should make the relevant people take proper notice because they won't want a repeat of a match being called off

Glazer Takeover

On 29 June 2005, on their first visit to Old Trafford after the takeover was completed, Joel, Bryan and Avram Glazer were met with protests by around 300 Manchester United fans who opposed the club's new ownership. Around 100 members of Greater Manchester Police were called to the stadium in an attempt to quell any violence, but there were reports of missiles being thrown at the police vans and chants of "die, Glazer, die"; two people were arrested. The vice-chairman of Shareholders United, Sean Bones, declared that "the Glazer family are the enemies of Manchester United".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glazer_ownership_of_Manchester_United

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Glazer Takeover

On 29 June 2005, on their first visit to Old Trafford after the takeover was completed, Joel, Bryan and Avram Glazer were met with protests by around 300 Manchester United fans who opposed the club's new ownership. Around 100 members of Greater Manchester Police were called to the stadium in an attempt to quell any violence, but there were reports of missiles being thrown at the police vans and chants of "die, Glazer, die"; two people were arrested. The vice-chairman of Shareholders United, Sean Bones, declared that "the Glazer family are the enemies of Manchester United".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glazer_ownership_of_Manchester_United

Missiles thrown? Die? some people need to get a grip. Good example John. 

• Subscriber

“I don’t see a problem with them breaking in” say a number of posters on here.

I wonder how many people were harmed when these scumbags stormed the stadium? If it was just a single person then that’s a single person too many. And I’ve seen the graphic pictures of peoples injured faces so someone/people were injured. I’ll defend that point no matter how many people jump on me. Football is not that important. 

If that makes me a shit poster according to staff members then meh... probably don’t belong here. 

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Proper direct action like getting games called off is better than fannying about with Norwich scarves like they were all those years ago

Destroying property like they did and attacking people isn’t though.  

Just now, Rick said:

Destroying property like they did and attacking people isn’t though.  

Agree on attacking people. You won't find me giving any sympathy to billionaires because a lad kicked a door in and another threw a camera though

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

The protest is long overdue, but the more I see of yesterday the more disgusted I am.

Some fans lobbing missiles like bricks and bottles are not fans but mindless fucking idiots, stand behind a riot shield and 'Skid Lid' (steel helmet) on your head for protection as we called them in the army and experience that which I have in NI and a tour of duty is bloody frightening looking at mindless idiots in front of you, laughing and spitting.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

You get that everywhere, some idiots will highjack a peaceful protest, cover their faces with hoods or scarves and act if they are fucking ninja warriors on a mission and not just football, the White House invasion when a bell end named Trump declared "Lets fight..." and his supporters reacted, as I said it happens everywhere and I wouldn't mind betting that a lot of the violent protesters at OT were not United supporters but supporters of other teams and created problems to give United bad publicity. 

To be fair they could of been citizen thugs trying to make the United protest worse than it is it was hardly a secret about the protests taking place. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Yes, what these cunts are doing to these clubs is a disgrace and we all want them out but for fuck sake it is still a game. I will never condone people acting like this and hurting others because of a game of football. Get a bastard grip. 

you are right we do want them out but you cant make an omelette with first breaking a few eggs.

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

“I don’t see a problem with them breaking in” say a number of posters on here.

I wonder how many people were harmed when these scumbags stormed the stadium? If it was just a single person then that’s a single person too many. And I’ve seen the graphic pictures of peoples injured faces so someone/people were injured. I’ll defend that point no matter how many people jump on me. Football is not that important. 

If that makes me a shit poster according to staff members then meh... probably don’t belong here. 

Who's called you a shit poster?

Who's agreed or condoned the violence? 

Not right to put words in our mouths or twist them to suit the points you're making. 

You seem to think anyone against you thinks the violence is okay. No-one has said that. I condemn it - I'll let others condemn it (again). Like @Rick said, I was under the impression they were just running through/over security barriers. No-one is jumping on you with the 'violent' aspect. In fact that's the one thing we can all agree on xD 

Obviously, anybody who got violent in the protests should be dealt with to the full extent of the law. Throwing flares at bottles of people is outright scummy and warrants no sympathy.

The disruption though? In the context of this protest, there had to be disruption. It would have been completely ignored had they just stood outside waving flags. The Glazers have shown over the years that they do not care a jot for what United fans or the people of Manchester think

I don't think this will get them out of the club but it might have made them sit up a bit - I know the game will be replayed but getting the biggest domestic match of the season called off with the "future fans", sponsors and affiliates eyes all on it with the Glazers presented as crooks and parasites (accurate) even by ex players will be massively embarrassing for them. It's an absolute PR nightmare. You have to hit the Glazers where it hurts and that's not by appealing to their better nature because they don't have one.

I totally understand United and Liverpool fans that just wanted to watch the game but I hope the point of the protests isn't lost.

There's no such thing as a good owner for any club with tradition and values. There are only owners to a varying degree of bad. Asking for someone to sell is asking for someone less bad. Is that what we want or just what we'll settle for?

• The title was changed to Man Utd P-P Liverpool - Sunday 2nd May, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived