• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd P-P Liverpool - Sunday 2nd May, 2021

football forum

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

There's no such thing as a good owner for any club with tradition and values. There are only owners to a varying degree of bad. Asking for someone to sell is asking for someone less bad. Is that what we want or just what we'll settle for?

So what we sit back and do nothing cause that will change what exactly?

Revolution happens time and time again it can be unpleasant but if as fans we all want change and a say in what happens at the teams we support then surely we need something seismic to happen, doing nothing, will achieve nothing.

Football needed this to happen to remind the so called powers that ultimately it is us the fans who plough our money into the game, we are the whole reason they exist and without, it's just nothing. 

As for the violent idiots that were hurling objects and hurting people of course no one condones that. Only other mindless idiots. However, we should not be upset that the supporters of the biggest club in England took a stand not just on man united but on all things corrupt at the heart of the nations beautiful game. I would welcome the German model of club ownership over here and i suspect so would a lot of other clubs including your own.

15 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

There's no such thing as a good owner for any club with tradition and values. There are only owners to a varying degree of bad. Asking for someone to sell is asking for someone less bad. Is that what we want or just what we'll settle for?

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think ‘better the devil you know’ with these bastards. The money these owners want for them to sell, you’re only going to end up with another shady billionaire. Hopefully the reaction to this failed EPL effort and the rule changes that will come from it will stop these owners from trying something like this again. 

I hate FSG for what they have done in the last couple of weeks, and they’ve certainly made plenty of mistakes but they have also done a lot of good for this club. I know it’s just an investment for them and they were working with their own interests in mind over anything else, but they saved our club from a couple of truly horrific owners. This sounds like I’m trying to play down what they have done, but it’s not. I just would rather have them than some random billionaire who I know nothing about. 

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:
If that makes me a shit poster according to staff members then meh... probably don’t belong here. 

Don't be so melodramatic, it's a football forum the whole point is people are expressing their opinions. When you post something we come back with reasoning which in the main is sound. You however, and well within your rights to, disagree with our reasoning and can't accept that society is blinkered when it comes to peaceful protest. Give me one good example where there has been revolution without anyone getting hurt? I'm not saying it shouldn't happen I'm say it won't happen. because those in power don't want to give it up hence you have to hit them where it hurts in there pocket. and if that means getting the game called off which will also make Sponsors take note of the fans mood. Then so be it. Josh just cause someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they think you are a shite poster. Opinions are like (_I_) holes everyone has them. 

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think ‘better the devil you know’ with these bastards. The money these owners want for them to sell, you’re only going to end up with another shady billionaire. Hopefully the reaction to this failed EPL effort and the rule changes that will come from it will stop these owners from trying something like this again.

Not if the government help by moving the clubs to a new ownership model akin to the German league. The ESL made the government take notice of how detached the fans have become hopefully this protest and postponement hammers home that exact point and drives through new legislation to help not only all the clubs but the fans too.

Just now, Manc Red said:

Not if the government help by moving the clubs to a new ownership model akin to the German league.

That would be amazing, but I can’t see it happening. 

Just now, Rick said:

That would be amazing, but I can’t see it happening. 

There a banner that floats round Old Trafford I'm sure as a Liverpool fan you've seen it BIG LETTERS for all to see BELIEVE. Ultimately when football was nearly stolen from us the government stepped up lets hope they give powers back to fans now through legislation and this fan review they are currently doing.

• Administrator

So any idea when this game gets played?

Man Utd play on the following

Thursday 6th
Sunday 9th
Wednesday 12th
Wednesday 19th
Sunday 23rd (end of season)

Liverpool play on the following

Saturday 8th
Sunday 16th
Wednesday 19th
Sunday 23rd (end of season)

I can't see where they fit this game in?

On Sky Sports they were saying that our game vs West Brom could be moved to the 12th and we play this on 16th. Don’t see why West Brom should have to move their shit around though, every point for them is crucial. Should have just played it tonight. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Rick said:

On Sky Sports they were saying that our game vs West Brom could be moved to the 12th and we play this on 16th. Don’t see why West Brom should have to move their shit around though, every point for them is crucial. Should have just played it tonight. 

I thought tonight would be apt but I'm guessing there may still be safety concerns. Usually it's Police and Safety Advisory Groups, along with both clubs, who decide this.

Some fans saying 'oh they can't play today because Utd play on Thursday'. That's not stopped any other side before xD 

They will squeeze it in somewhere, the fixtures have been absolutely rammed this season anyway so don't know why they would suddenly change their mind about throwing games in left, right and centre.

The only other option is to make it the last game of the season, but I think the longer they leave it the more time people have to protest. They've already said that this is must the beginning, the next home game will be the same (albeit smaller numbers probably).

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

They will squeeze it in somewhere, the fixtures have been absolutely rammed this season anyway so don't know why they would suddenly change their mind about throwing games in left, right and centre.

The only other option is to make it the last game of the season, but I think the longer they leave it the more time people have to protest. They've already said that this is must the beginning, the next home game will be the same (albeit smaller numbers probably).

Interesting if they do leave it til the last game of the season - fans will actually be allowed in to the stadium by then. As a result, for a game of this magnitude and after last night, I'm guessing the authorities will want to prevent it happening at that time...

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Couple of videos showing the police were no angels either, if we're going to play Souness' game.

By some standards, we should be calling all the police there violent and disruptive :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Regarding the replaying, today was the only day you could've played it where you would have to move no other fixtures, or not play two games in three days. I can see that West Brom Liverpool game moving - moving a game forward isn't ideal but it happened to us at Burnley a few weeks ago with a similar gap between the fixtures.

2 hours ago, Manc Red said:

So what we sit back and do nothing cause that will change what exactly?

Revolution happens time and time again it can be unpleasant but if as fans we all want change and a say in what happens at the teams we support then surely we need something seismic to happen, doing nothing, will achieve nothing.

Football needed this to happen to remind the so called powers that ultimately it is us the fans who plough our money into the game, we are the whole reason they exist and without, it's just nothing. 

I didn't say sit back and do nothing but I find the idea of one set of billionaires being replaced with another as some kind of revolution to be ridiculous. True revolution here would be the nationalisation of the football club, state takes control of the club and gives it to the council and supporters. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Links?

Again - this is just an isolated incident, but if we're going to shift the discussion based on one person throwing a flare towards the Sky studio then this is just as relevant.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Again - this is just an isolated incident, but if we're going to shift the discussion based on one person throwing a flare towards the Sky studio then this is just as relevant.

Unfortunately it doesn't fit the narrative that the Police and the Media want to push.

3 hours ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

I didn't say sit back and do nothing but I find the idea of one set of billionaires being replaced with another as some kind of revolution to be ridiculous. True revolution here would be the nationalisation of the football club, state takes control of the club and gives it to the council and supporters. 

Which is why this protest is not just about new owners, it's about fans taking back control hammering home the point to those who make the legislation, in the hope they get off their backsides and actually do something to protect our game. you telling me that if the government made legislation that forces clubs to become 51 percent fan owned or fan based. you wouldn't snap that up at Newcastle. Remember this a waterfall starts with only one drop of water. Seismic, thats what has to happen before those with the power act and that is what today's society is. and it's been this way for decades. 

Poll Tax 

Strangeways Riots

LGBT rights

BLM Protests 

Even back to Mrs Pankhurst and the suffragette movement. (9 times she was put in prison BTW whilst campaigning about something that is nowadays seen as the norm. Yet at the time she was seen as nothing more than a rebel, anti establishment. 

The history is laid out in front of us and we still as a society don't learn. Those in power will only react when there is something to react to. Unfortunately peaceful protest is fanciful at best the papers and media and the government called the ESL move a war on football their words. they can't use it when it suits them then backtrack when people take that literally. if we want change then we need to act and i'm not talking about violence and talking something seismic imagine if every football fan boycotted spending money on their clubs for just one week. the revenue lost the pressure the sponsors will put on the club to appease the fans would be immense. It won't happen though because today any form of protest is deemed offensive and society ain't equipped or as stoic as it's counterparts to stand up to these greedy money hungry owners and rule makers. 

• The topic was unpinned
54 minutes ago, Manc Red said:

Which is why this protest is not just about new owners, it's about fans taking back control hammering home the point to those who make the legislation, in the hope they get off their backsides and actually do something to protect our game. you telling me that if the government made legislation that forces clubs to become 51 percent fan owned or fan based. you wouldn't snap that up at Newcastle. Remember this a waterfall starts with only one drop of water. Seismic, thats what has to happen before those with the power act and that is what today's society is. and it's been this way for decades. 

Poll Tax 

Strangeways Riots

LGBT rights

BLM Protests 

Even back to Mrs Pankhurst and the suffragette movement. (9 times she was put in prison BTW whilst campaigning about something that is nowadays seen as the norm. Yet at the time she was seen as nothing more than a rebel, anti establishment. 

The history is laid out in front of us and we still as a society don't learn. Those in power will only react when there is something to react to. Unfortunately peaceful protest is fanciful at best the papers and media and the government called the ESL move a war on football their words. they can't use it when it suits them then backtrack when people take that literally. if we want change then we need to act and i'm not talking about violence and talking something seismic imagine if every football fan boycotted spending money on their clubs for just one week. the revenue lost the pressure the sponsors will put on the club to appease the fans would be immense. It won't happen though because today any form of protest is deemed offensive and society ain't equipped or as stoic as it's counterparts to stand up to these greedy money hungry owners and rule makers. 

Genuinely don't think stopping the game makes or has made a single difference to the government's approach. Timing is everything. There already was a review in the pipeline and that isn't going to change because some muppet climbed on the goal netting. The government review is bound to be full of compromise suggestions, just like these Supporters Trusts are in their demands. 

Nationalisation of all football clubs paid for with a 100% tax on all of Super League 6's overseas incomes should happen but won't :ph34r: because that's not really what is being asked for. 

I will predict now that what will happen is fans will get to put someone on the board. They'll not be able to do anything but be destructive and a whistleblower. The supporters trusts will lap it up because they'll get to run the elections.

14 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

Nationalisation of all football clubs paid for with a 100% tax on all of Super League 6's overseas incomes should happen but won't :ph34r:

So basically you want to stem the money coming into these clubs so your own club can compete. 100 tax are you stark raving mad? Easy for a Newcastle fan to come out with that isn't it. 

Do you know the idea of competition? like it or not clubs like Man United are a global brand the business side is global why should they not use the income from that to better the squad making them more successful.

I can't expect someone at a small time club like Newcastle to understand what it's like to have a global brand like that which United has but, I have watched united grow throughout the 80's when we won just a few fa cups. into the most decorated team in england. The global income that comes because of this success is just rewards. for you to suggest a 100% tax on overseas incomes stinks of a lack of knowledge on how football works and more so the success on the pitch to bank balance profits. I thought this was a serious topic however, this point has rather undermined that.

• The title was changed to Man Utd P-P Liverpool - Sunday 2nd May, 2021
  • The topic was locked

Archived