talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd P-P Liverpool - Sunday 2nd May, 2021

football forum

1 hour ago, Manc Red said:

Which is why this protest is not just about new owners, it's about fans taking back control hammering home the point to those who make the legislation, in the hope they get off their backsides and actually do something to protect our game. you telling me that if the government made legislation that forces clubs to become 51 percent fan owned or fan based. you wouldn't snap that up at Newcastle. Remember this a waterfall starts with only one drop of water. Seismic, thats what has to happen before those with the power act and that is what today's society is. and it's been this way for decades. 

Poll Tax 

Strangeways Riots

LGBT rights

BLM Protests 

Even back to Mrs Pankhurst and the suffragette movement. (9 times she was put in prison BTW whilst campaigning about something that is nowadays seen as the norm. Yet at the time she was seen as nothing more than a rebel, anti establishment. 

The history is laid out in front of us and we still as a society don't learn. Those in power will only react when there is something to react to. Unfortunately peaceful protest is fanciful at best the papers and media and the government called the ESL move a war on football their words. they can't use it when it suits them then backtrack when people take that literally. if we want change then we need to act and i'm not talking about violence and talking something seismic imagine if every football fan boycotted spending money on their clubs for just one week. the revenue lost the pressure the sponsors will put on the club to appease the fans would be immense. It won't happen though because today any form of protest is deemed offensive and society ain't equipped or as stoic as it's counterparts to stand up to these greedy money hungry owners and rule makers. 

I'm not sure entitled football fans wanting more control of the clubs they're fans of fits into the same category as protests that happen to try and help society.

Billionaires owning football clubs or not doesn't change much outside of football and ultimately isn't as important as other issues you mentioned which is why disrupting games and invading training sessions just makes those fans look like deranged cunts which unfortunately is what can happen when it comes to tribalism.

"It's my escapism and I own everything in it" just sounds super fucking dumb. You can dislike owners, especially when they're a hindrance to the progress of the club, but no one's being personally wronged.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Manc Red said:

So basically you want to stem the money coming into these clubs so your own club can compete. 100 tax are stark raving mad. easy for a Newcastle fan to come out with that isn't it. 

Do you know the idea of competition? like it or not clubs like Man United are a global brand the business side is global why should they not use the income from that to better the squad making them more successful.

I can't expect someone at a small time club like Newcastle to understand what it's like to have a global brand like that which United has but, I have watched united grow throughout the 80's when we won just a few fa cups. into the most decorated team in england. The global income that comes because of this success is just rewards. for you to suggest a 100% tax on overseas incomes stinks of a lack of knowledge on how football works and more so the success on the pitch to bank balance profits. I thought this was a serious topic however, this point has rather undermined that.

The ninja emoji means a comment is sarcastic or tongue in cheek on here.

But to entertain it, Manchester United's finances are the pinnacle of what ruined football. The creation of a self sufficient anti-sporting competitiveness success built on good timing and whoring the club out to part timers, glory hunters and TV.  Man Utd are the extreme example of it but any club who managed to cash in and grow in that revenue expansion era created a new bottom level for themselves at the expense of others. Regardless of what size you think we are Newcastle United are part of that in our own pool lower down the ladder. We are a turd in the bowl under Mike Ashley because the size we grew to in the revenue expansion years means we won't flush properly. Why us and not Derby County, Nottingham Forest or Sheffield Wednesday? The answer is timing.

What values and traditions are being fought for if it's not about how bent the game got towards money makers? Is it that you just want to go back to 2004? You don't want to give up the privilege that was purely off the timing of your success.

All for the state buying your club for you but not if it means the Glaziers work building revenue getting these super league fans in is jeopardised is it?

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

I'm not sure entitled football fans wanting more control of the clubs they're fans of fits into the same category as protests that happen to try and help society.

No it isn't the above was examples of societal issues that until something seismic happened nothing was done by those in charge. until the poll tax riots nothing happened. Reaction led to a rethink which led to a lesser tax we now know as council tax. 

Strange-way's riot in the 1990's led to the government reforming the prisons etc... 

i don't need to go through the list my point being those in power already have it, only way to wrestle it back is to create a similar seismic event. it doesn't have to be violent. Simply boycotting the game for say two weeks no one spends money on the subscription tv's on shirts etc and it can go further especially if the same people then boycott the brands endorsing these teams because then it begins to hit the owners and those in power (Uefa, Fifa, EPL and The FA) firmly in the pocket. this also puts pressure on the clubs for change at the top because as history proves those in power a reactive not proactive. 

I would happily see my club relegated if it meant reform at the top of the game that gives fans some control. We cannot stand by and let our game get taken away by Billionaire owners who do know what these clubs mean to our communities.

1 hour ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

The ninja emoji means a comment is sarcastic or tongue in cheek on here.

But to entertain it, Manchester United's finances are the pinnacle of what ruined football. The creation of a self sufficient anti-sporting competitiveness success built on good timing and whoring the club out to part timers, glory hunters and TV.  Man Utd are the extreme example of it but any club who managed to cash in and grow in that revenue expansion era created a new bottom level for themselves at the expense of others. Regardless of what size you think we are Newcastle United are part of that in our own pool lower down the ladder. We are a turd in the bowl under Mike Ashley because the size we grew to in the revenue expansion years means we won't flush properly. Why us and not Derby County, Nottingham Forest or Sheffield Wednesday? The answer is timing.

What values and traditions are being fought for if it's not about how bent the game got towards money makers? Is it that you just want to go back to 2004? You don't want to give up the privilege that was purely off the timing of your success.

All for the state buying your club for you but not if it means the Glaziers work building revenue getting these super league fans in is jeopardised is it?

Allow me to apologize i didn't know about the ninja emoji. I would also point out that United's success came through the changes Sir Alex brought with him from Aberdeen and made to the youth academy. Yes the club floated on the stock exchange to generate revenue but there was always a sense the club was ours and United are probably the only English club that can boast successive teams containing members from its academy. Sir Alex himself quoted as saying  “I have always considered the player you produce better than the one you buy,” The fact is once you reach that success you have to keep adding to the team in order to maintain it, because it's not every year you get a class of 1992 come through the ranks. So the success, you add to year on year with sensible signings that take you further which is what lead to United buying Andrew Cole. Newcastle wasn't complaining at the record 7 million pound fee United paid for him in fact if memory serves me correct the club snatched the money from United's hand. Clubs at the top always buy from the lower clubs this happens it's dog eat dog. The inflation and sky-rocketting players wages etc has more to do with lack of agent control etc... and is an entirely different argument. 

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Man Utd now have 3 league games in 5 days 

Hope they rest players on Tuesday for the game against you :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Man Utd P-P Liverpool - Sunday 2nd May, 2021
  • The topic was locked

Archived