talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Noel Clarke

football forum

• Administrator

The latest male actor to be accused of sexual harassment, groping and bullying. 

20 women have come forward and made the allegations, some are corroborated with other people present. 

He denies it all. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Innocent until proven guilty, but if the latter then should be ashamed and appropriate action should be taken. 

Considering how easy it is with social media to jump on the bandwagon, hopefully those that have been brave enough to speak out are genuine, as opposed to attempting to sabotage someone's career for 15 minutes of fame. Unfortunately, we've seen both sides of these events in the news over the years, so important not to jump to conclusions so early in the investigation.

On the broader subject though, I just don't understand why anyone would do what Clarke has been accused of - it's really not hard to treat people with respect, regardless of gender and not grope and/or bully them. It's basic human manners.

When the number is that substantial you really have to question the authenticity. 

And what is sexual misconduct? Its entirely vague as its all based on how its perceived from the "victim". A simple hand to the back could be seen as sexual misconduct. 

Vaguely remember the actor who played Jay in Kidulthood spoke out against Noel Clarke being a bully. Noel Clarke eventually got him blacklisted from the industry. Last I heard he had a breakdown and ended up getting sectioned whilst Noel Clarke took out a restraining order against him.

• Administrator
12 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Vaguely remember the actor who played Jay in Kidulthood spoke out against Noel Clarke being a bully. Noel Clarke eventually got him blacklisted from the industry. Last I heard he had a breakdown and ended up getting sectioned whilst Noel Clarke took out a restraining order against him.

Adam Deacon? Last I saw was that he had a lot of his own issues away from what went on with Clarke? Although perhaps his treatment by Clarke influenced what he did/how he felt. 

53 minutes ago, Stan said:

Adam Deacon? Last I saw was that he had a lot of his own issues away from what went on with Clarke? Although perhaps his treatment by Clarke influenced what he did/how he felt. 

He ended up being diagnosed with bipolar but from what I read Clarke’s lawyer relied quite heavily on the stigmatisation of mental health issues. Seems that going undiagnosed and being pushed out by Clarke went hand in hand.

The fact with this though is that he most likely won’t be found guilty of anything, but when so many women speak out against one man the chances of it being a conspiracy lessen and lessen as that many people could not keep so many lies together.

Although I am not a fan of this naming and shaming before someone has even had a chance to defend themselves I suppose on the flip side of it if they have announced they are investigating him for the above reasons then it might give others a bit of confidence to come forward and speak out where before they might have been too afraid or felt it might seem pointless for all the good it might do.. Some people just try to keep their head down and tolerate it don't they...

I think if this many people are coming forward then there is a good chance some of what is being said may be true.. He has said that he apologises for his behaviour and is seeking help which is almost an admission he knows he has done wrong and is maybe trying to get in early to lessen any potential fallout further down the road if he is found guilty of anything. Courts tend to take a slightly more sympathetic view when passing any judgement if the individual steps up and says "I did it no excuses" If they go the other way and keep denying everything and make people appear in court and do everything the hard way then they tend to take a dim view if found guilty.. 

Either way, innocent or guilty his career is in tatters now.. 

Archived