Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

    The better place to talk football.

Championship Team of The Year


Recommended Posts

20210501_095732.thumb.jpg.d15fcf355f6e11ec16cdf6d46e1b03ac.jpg

Seen a lot of complaining on Twitter (I know) about the above so I was wondering how yours would differ?

 

Mines not much different...

 

Manager: Valerin Ismail

Woodman

Aarons - Hanley - Guehi - Henry

Buendia - Mowatt - Olise - Danjuma

Toney - Pukki

 

Firstly, Valerin Ismail has taken Barnsley from the bottom three to the playoffs which to me is a far more impressive achievement than winning the league with Pukki, Aarons and Buendia.

Freddie Woodman would be my choice but I think it's pretty much a coin toss behind him and Asmir Begovic. Both have done well for large parts. Tim Krul probably would have got it if he was fit all season. 

Max Aarons is a fair choice at right back but this seems to be the position where you can list quite a lot of players and think the same thing (Roberts, Brittain, Femenia etc).

Get the impression they were quite desperate for some Watford inclusion in defence given how very few goals they've conceded this season. Reality is they've rotated heavily and the player they picked is probably the worst one. I went went Rico Henry who looked the most composed before his injury. Right back is certainly a lot more settled than left back. Shout to Jake Bidwell though for being a fantasy legend.

Completely understand why they chose the two center backs they did. Norwich fans love the new and improved Grant Hanley whilst Morrison's threat from set pieces is pretty key for any form Cardiff have shown. Think personally I would have gone for some Swansea inclusion in Guehi alongside Hanley but you could easily make cases for Helik, Cabango, Anderson etc.

I completely agree with Alex Mowatt. I imagine they wanted some form of Barnsley coverage and he's really stepped up as the leader of that team. I wouldn't mind us getting him on a free transfer.

Think Michael Olise is a plausible choice given the breakout season he's had that will surely lead to a headline transfer this summer. Oliver Skipp I imagine would have been a cert though until about ten games ago. Powell, Wallace, Dewsbury-Hall, Hamer, Saville and Chair have been pretty good in some pretty dead teams too.

I don't have an issue with the front four to be honest. Ivan Toney's goal tally speaks for itself, the Norwich pair are the reason they ran away with the league and Arnut Danjuma has stepped other when the likes of David Brooks haven't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Olise, Aarons, Buendia, Pukki and Toney are the certs so I'm glad they have been chosen. I think had Armstrong carried on his form for Blackburn he'd have had a decent chance. And Moore for Cardiff too if he had started the season in form. 

Surprised no Swansea players make it. Lowe, Cabango, Bidwell? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Olise, Aarons, Buendia, Pukki and Toney are the certs so I'm glad they have been chosen. I think had Armstrong carried on his form for Blackburn he'd have had a decent chance. And Moore for Cardiff too if he had started the season in form. 

Surprised no Swansea players make it. Lowe, Cabango, Bidwell? 

Shite, shite and shite you see. :whistling:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

From my club i would have realistically liked to see the Angel of the North Adam Armstrong and maybe even Harvey Elliot, he’s been fantastic.  Without those 2 being consistently good we’d be a lot lower. 
 

Anyway as for the players in better consistently performing teams..  Buendia and Toney are the absolute dead certs and the best players in the league this season for me. The rest of the team can be debated but those 2 you cannot argue or potentially replace them with anyone.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/05/2021 at 12:45, JoshBRFC said:

From my club i would have realistically liked to see the Angel of the North Adam Armstrong and maybe even Harvey Elliot, he’s been fantastic.  Without those 2 being consistently good we’d be a lot lower. 
 

Anyway as for the players in better consistently performing teams..  Buendia and Toney are the absolute dead certs and the best players in the league this season for me. The rest of the team can be debated but those 2 you cannot argue or potentially replace them with anyone.

 

Do you think you'll lose Adam Armstrong this summer or will he be priced out the market?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Do you think you'll lose Adam Armstrong this summer or will he be priced out the market?

I hope not. If he does go then fair enough I understand. He’d definitely be able to cut it in the Premier League. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I hope not. If he does go then fair enough I understand. He’d definitely be able to cut it in the Premier League. 

 

 

Thing is, I can only see him playing in the Premier League if a newly promoted club signs him. If Bournemouth went up for example, that I could see.

I know there were whispers with West Ham at one point but they should really be looking at a higher calibre where they are in the league now.

I don't really know who else would target him that will be staying up. Brighton maybe? Palace, possibly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Based on his age and goals scored this season there has to be a buyer for him, Newcastle would be mugs not to go for him. Goal scorer, talented, Geordie. Great PR all around.

I wouldn’t mind seeing us sign him (IF we went up), would be a good partner for Toney and keep Mbeumo on his toes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Based on his age and goals scored this season there has to be a buyer for him, Newcastle would be mugs not to go for him. Goal scorer, talented, Geordie. Great PR all around.

I wouldn’t mind seeing us sign him (IF we went up), would be a good partner for Toney and keep Mbeumo on his toes.

Could be a good signing for you if you don't go up, replacing Toney :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Could be a good signing for you if you don't go up, replacing Toney :ph34r:

Give us the close to £40m that’ll Toney will cost and we can replace him with whoever we want 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Sign up or subscribe to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...