Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

    The better place to talk football.

Boubakary Soumare - Leicester Sign French Midfielder


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

That's insane. A deal done before he can get poached by any other clubs. Love it. Only 22 as well. Could be another sign of class recruitment.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

What do the Ligue 1 watchers on here think? I must admit, at first I was a bit unsure, didn't really excel in any stats so I was a little surprised as we're quite data heavy, but having watched a couple of videos he looks a good player - quick, strong, can pass and dribble. I don't think midfield was number one priority but I'm happy to have another in, and people seem to be speaking highly of him. Plus we love a buy from France. The best market in the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Dan said:

I don't think midfield was number one priority but I'm happy to have another in, and people seem to be speaking highly of him. Plus we love a buy from France. The best market in the world.

I think if Mendy and Hamza go, which is likely, and we have midfield options of Ndidi, Tielemans, Praet, Maddison*, Dewsbury-Hall, Soumare, that'd be pretty good.

Would be good if we can get decent prices for the first 2.

*and perhaps Maddison if he is to leave, which isn't totally out of the question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

I think if Mendy and Hamza go, which is likely, and we have midfield options of Ndidi, Tielemans, Praet, Maddison*, Dewsbury-Hall, Soumare, that'd be pretty good.

Would be good if we can get decent prices for the first 2.

*and perhaps Maddison if he is to leave, which isn't totally out of the question.

I have a feeling Praet may be off but the rumours about Maddison seem to carry some weight. I thought it was all Twitter nonsense until I read certain accounts on FT saying things.

You watch Soumare in videos and you can tell he's got something a bit different to our other midfielders so I'm for it. Good signing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2021 at 17:27, Storts said:

I don’t trust anyone coming from Ligue 1 any more to be honest. The league is so poor 

Ngolo Kante

On 10/05/2021 at 17:40, Cicero said:

Think Leicester's scouts can be trusted. 

Nampalys Mendy

 

They can clearly get it right, but they can clearly also get it wrong. Mendy and Adrian Silva being the point in mention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, Devil said:

Ngolo Kante

Nampalys Mendy

 

They can clearly get it right, but they can clearly also get it wrong. Mendy and Adrian Silva being the point in mention.

Mahrez from France, too...

 

There are even better examples than Mendy or Silva to be fair. Mendy is still with us now and seemed to have found a bit of new life under Rodgers when we were really short of players. He's an adequate back-up.

Silva had the whole 14-seconds transfer deadline fiasco so couldn't even play til January that season. Given the other players that signed in the 2-3 transfer windows after the title season, I'm willing to give some leniency to the Silva debacle. There's Slimani, Luis Hernandez, Ahmed Musa, Ron-Robert Zieler, Kapustka, Iborra. All could fit in the 'less than average/bad category for signings'.

But then they're out-weighed by the signings of Ndidi, Maguire, Iheanacho and then Ricardo, Maddison, Evans in summer 2018.

Overall our recruitment is in the top 3 in the country, I'd say. We get it right far more often than getting it wrong, in my opinion. And it's not just the quantities of players, it's the finding of 'gems' or players that fit the profile but come at a reasonable cost. For us it's not about marquee signings with a massive overly-inflated transfer fee to please the fans, compared to how other clubs operate who feel like they need to make a big signing just to make that statement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Mahrez from France, too...

 

There are even better examples than Mendy or Silva to be fair. Mendy is still with us now and seemed to have found a bit of new life under Rodgers when we were really short of players. He's an adequate back-up.

Silva had the whole 14-seconds transfer deadline fiasco so couldn't even play til January that season. Given the other players that signed in the 2-3 transfer windows after the title season, I'm willing to give some leniency to the Silva debacle. There's Slimani, Luis Hernandez, Ahmed Musa, Ron-Robert Zieler, Kapustka, Iborra. All could fit in the 'less than average/bad category for signings'.

But then they're out-weighed by the signings of Ndidi, Maguire, Iheanacho and then Ricardo, Maddison, Evans in summer 2018.

Overall our recruitment is in the top 3 in the country, I'd say. We get it right far more often than getting it wrong, in my opinion. And it's not just the quantities of players, it's the finding of 'gems' or players that fit the profile but come at a reasonable cost. For us it's not about marquee signings with a massive overly-inflated transfer fee to please the fans, compared to how other clubs operate who feel like they need to make a big signing just to make that statement. 

 

The two I mentioned were the first two that came to my head if I'm honest and Mendy mainly due to him sort of being a like for like replacement for Kante but about half the quality. 

Leicester have been fantastic in the market no doubt about it that. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/05/2021 at 09:00, Stan said:

Mahrez from France, too...

 

There are even better examples than Mendy or Silva to be fair. Mendy is still with us now and seemed to have found a bit of new life under Rodgers when we were really short of players. He's an adequate back-up.

Silva had the whole 14-seconds transfer deadline fiasco so couldn't even play til January that season. Given the other players that signed in the 2-3 transfer windows after the title season, I'm willing to give some leniency to the Silva debacle. There's Slimani, Luis Hernandez, Ahmed Musa, Ron-Robert Zieler, Kapustka, Iborra. All could fit in the 'less than average/bad category for signings'.

But then they're out-weighed by the signings of Ndidi, Maguire, Iheanacho and then Ricardo, Maddison, Evans in summer 2018.

Overall our recruitment is in the top 3 in the country, I'd say. We get it right far more often than getting it wrong, in my opinion. And it's not just the quantities of players, it's the finding of 'gems' or players that fit the profile but come at a reasonable cost. For us it's not about marquee signings with a massive overly-inflated transfer fee to please the fans, compared to how other clubs operate who feel like they need to make a big signing just to make that statement. 

1. Liverpool, 2. Leicester, 3. Brentford

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/05/2021 at 09:27, Storts said:

I don’t trust anyone coming from Ligue 1 any more to be honest. The league is so poor 

Loads of great players have come from Ligue 1 though.

It’s a bit like the Dutch league though, pretty hit or miss whether players succeed in England when they make the step up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Rick said:

Heard it’s an initial fee of 17m. Lille have been robbed there, fair play Leicester. Two potentially world class talents for under 40m. 

Slow down. He’s been really hyped for years yet the only two clubs that have gone in for him seriously are Newcastle and Leicester. Talk about hyperbole. Let’s see how he settles 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Sign up or subscribe to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...