talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jadon Sancho

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Devil said:

I've heard that about Mane off a few Liverpool fans.

Would you be happy with Sancho? 

Yeah, I think Sancho's a good player with a lot of room to keep growing as a player - even if he's had a year we'd probably all see and think "well that's not as good as his other years." Tbh... it does seem like a lot of players are sort of having crap seasons compared to other seasons - maybe it's got something to do with the condensed season.

I don't think we'll get Sancho though, because I think FSG aren't going to be loosening up the purse strings anytime soon. If there was ever a summer to add to the side, it was probably last season where I think many players in Europe would have found us quite an attractive proposition and one of the best sides in Europe. Now I think we'd be fighting at scraps where the oil clubs, yourselves, the Spanish giants, and Bayern Munich will probably all be ahead of us in the pecking order in terms of: 1.) being able to afford very very good players and 2.) being an attractive side for players that want to be able to compete at the top now.

I doubt Sancho's a priority or that Klopp wants to sell Mane, though. We've got Harvey Barnes looking like one of the top young talents in the country on loan to Blackburn and I suspect he'll get a chance to get some appearances for us. Plus Diogo Jota.

Imo our biggest needs are: up top, someone to step in and immediately challenge Firmino for that spot that's been almost guaranteed to him for the past 3-4 years - and so we're not hoping for Origi being in his cult-hero form (which is literally never happens anymore); someone at the back that doesn't have the injury history of Gomez or Matip (and maybe VVD now :() that isn't shite like Phillips or Kabak; and... tbh I think we need quite a few new midfielders.

But I think probably in a "sell-to-buy" situation. So we may be shit out of luck.

9 minutes ago, Devil said:

Depends if you sell someone mate. 

That might be the remit, spend what you make. 

Depressing thing is this season... who've we got that we can sell that would have an insane fee like Coutinho?

Salah - I wouldn't want that. Fabinho - I also wouldn't want that. Or Virgil Van Djik - I absolutely would not want that, I think this past season has proven how important he is to us.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, I think Sancho's a good player with a lot of room to keep growing as a player - even if he's had a year we'd probably all see and think "well that's not as good as his other years." Tbh... it does seem like a lot of players are sort of having crap seasons compared to other seasons - maybe it's got something to do with the condensed season.

I don't think we'll get Sancho though, because I think FSG aren't going to be loosening up the purse strings anytime soon. If there was ever a summer to add to the side, it was probably last season where I think many players in Europe would have found us quite an attractive proposition and one of the best sides in Europe. Now I think we'd be fighting at scraps where the oil clubs, yourselves, the Spanish giants, and Bayern Munich will probably all be ahead of us in the pecking order in terms of: 1.) being able to afford very very good players and 2.) being an attractive side for players that want to be able to compete at the top now.

I doubt Sancho's a priority or that Klopp wants to sell Mane, though. We've got Harvey Barnes looking like one of the top young talents in the country on loan to Blackburn and I suspect he'll get a chance to get some appearances for us. Plus Diogo Jota.

Imo our biggest needs are: up top, someone to step in and immediately challenge Firmino for that spot that's been almost guaranteed to him for the past 3-4 years - and so we're not hoping for Origi being in his cult-hero form (which is literally never happens anymore); someone at the back that doesn't have the injury history of Gomez or Matip (and maybe VVD now :() that isn't shite like Phillips or Kabak; and... tbh I think we need quite a few new midfielders.

But I think probably in a "sell-to-buy" situation. So we may be shit out of luck.

i been saying for years that FSG dont spend any money. its always been sell to buy since they came and we got lucky by making crazy money for the players we sold. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Depressing thing is this season... who've we got that we can sell that would have an insane fee like Coutinho?

Salah - I wouldn't want that. Fabinho - I also wouldn't want that. Or Virgil Van Djik - I absolutely would not want that, I think this past season has proven how important he is to us.

You'd get a huge fee for Mane, no doubt in my mind. 

Firmino could still command a high fee as well. 

40-50 million surely. 

Mane 70 - 80 million

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping we get our business done nice and easy this summer so when the lads return from their holidays we're good to go rather than waiting on players. 

Sancho being a priority for me as I think he will take our forward line to the next level needed.

United will have a phenomenal attacking line if they sign Sancho but then it means that either they have to rely on Rashford to play centre forward and score 20-30+ goals a season or Rashford will end up spending more time on the bench.

A move to England is good for Sancho, even if Real Madrid or Barce could afford him going to them so soon could be a mistake unless he'd be happy to stay at those clubs for the rest of his career/prime. A move to England means a few years at a top club and then off to Spain in his mid-late 20s if that's what he would want.

13 minutes ago, Danny said:

United will have a phenomenal attacking line if they sign Sancho but then it means that either they have to rely on Rashford to play centre forward and score 20-30+ goals a season or Rashford will end up spending more time on the bench.

A move to England is good for Sancho, even if Real Madrid or Barce could afford him going to them so soon could be a mistake unless he'd be happy to stay at those clubs for the rest of his career/prime. A move to England means a few years at a top club and then off to Spain in his mid-late 20s if that's what he would want.

Rashford's best position is off the left whilst Jadon Sancho plays off the right. 

If we signed Sancho the strongest front three we'd have is Rashford, Cavani and Sancho.

Whack Bruno and Pogba in midfield with hopefully Declan Rice and you've got a scary attacking team there. 

11 minutes ago, Devil said:

Rashford's best position is off the left whilst Jadon Sancho plays off the right. 

If we signed Sancho the strongest front three we'd have is Rashford, Cavani and Sancho.

Whack Bruno and Pogba in midfield with hopefully Declan Rice and you've got a scary attacking team there. 

I was more thinking about Greenwood, but I suppose once Cavani is gone Greenwood will play CF allowing Rashford and Sancho to play on the wings

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

I was more thinking about Greenwood, but I suppose once Cavani is gone Greenwood will play CF allowing Rashford and Sancho to play on the wings

Greenwood can be rotated in most games I'd imagine, City have two for every position and that has to be the way going forward because it enables them to keep players fresh. 

Cavani will play about 30 games next season as well, when you consider how many games are averagely played a season that will allow plenty of game time for Greenwood.

On 21/05/2021 at 18:44, Happy Blue said:

Another City reject! :ph34r:

We both know he left because you wouldn't give him the game time he craved, actually admire his courage to leave a club in the position of City to play football.

He's defo good enough to be part of your squad, no doubt about that.

21 minutes ago, Devil said:

We both know he left because you wouldn't give him the game time he craved, actually admire his courage to leave a club in the position of City to play football.

He's defo good enough to be part of your squad, no doubt about that.

You see this emoji :ph34r: it means I'm joking :4_joy:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Jadon Sancho: Manchester United have £67m bid for Borussia Dortmund winger rejected

The German club wants about £77.5m for the 21-year-old, with an additional £4.25m bonus payment on top.

BBC Sport also understands that in addition to the fee not being high enough, United wanted to pay it over five years when Dortmund are only willing for it to extend to four.

United are now considering whether to revise their offer.

The Old Trafford club will be keen to avoid a repeat of 12 months ago when they were given a fee by Dortmund for Sancho, then tried to reduce it believing the Bundesliga side would eventually sell for a lower price.

In the end, Dortmund refused to budge and Sancho remained where he was.

Dortmund have a gentleman's agreement with Sancho that they will allow him to leave the club if someone reaches their valuation before a certain point in the summer, which is likely to coincide with his expected return date from England duty at the European Championship.

Among their major young stars, including Erling Braut Haaland and Jude Bellingham, Sancho is the only one Dortmund are interested in selling this summer.

United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be keen to get the deal done and has identified a right-sided attacking player as one of his priorities.

He feels there is not enough competition for places in that area of the field, a situation underlined by the fact he failed to make a substitution until extra time despite his side struggling in the Europa League final against Villarreal, which they eventually lost on penalties.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57433323

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, shut up said:

Does anybody find it weird that man utd have had a free run at Sancho for two years? I haven't heard of anybody else being remotely interested 

He's indicated that he want's to sign for United and added to that United and Dortmund have kind of agreed he comes to us this summer so long as the fee suits everyone. 

3 hours ago, shut up said:

Does anybody find it weird that man utd have had a free run at Sancho for two years? I haven't heard of anybody else being remotely interested 

At least Arsenal might get some money in the Malen deal if it gets done.

• The title was changed to Jadon Sancho

Archived