The better place to talk football.

Jadon Sancho

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

2 years in the making this. 

Hope he doesn't live up to the hype and expectation (for the rest of the league's sake)

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hope he doesn't live up to the hype and expectation (for the rest of the league's sake)

I think we've both seen him perform over the last few years. He's been absolutely excellent at times and  then there have been other spells where he's not really been that great. He certainly has the talent, he just perhaps needs to be more consistent with his performances. But I personally think that he will be a success at United, he'll probably feel more settled back in England.

• The title was changed to Jadon Sancho - Man Utd & Dortmund Agree Deal
22 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah but the books got to balance now don't they  ..we need some more sponsor's or maybe start a "go fund me" for Haaland :ph34r: :4_joy:

:4_joy:

Balance the books, that's a cracker that is. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Should we expect a title challenge?

Centre back, midfielder and right back and I think we're in business. 

So maybe not this season as I don't think we can afford all three positions. 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

In short, yes. That's 3 players from their starting eleven that have cost close to or above £80m, with other decent buys littered around the squad.

Do I think they should win the title? Not necessarily, I think at this point the first 11 could need a bit of strengthening to go the distance. But I think Ole needs to make United genuine contenders now, you don't sign Jadon Sancho for this much and not have the pressure put on you.

50 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not with just Sancho.  Even if you add Varane,  United can get closer to City  but the best they could do would be a real dog fight for second with a healthy Liverpool and an improving Chelsea. United need a Kante type player as well to unlock Pogba and get him playing like he does for France. Untied's midfield with McTominay and Fred just isn't good enough to win the Premier.

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

100% should be.

Would I back them now to win the title with Sancho included? No, I wouldn't, they probably are short. But if they want to spend £80m on an area of the pitch that isn't what I'd class as essential, then for me they are missing a trick what they could have spent that on.

This is what annoys me each season when people talk about them and title challenging. If they can't muster a challenge buying players for that kind of money then I'd wonder if they ever would because we hear the same excuses every year.

Let's be honest. They should have been challenging by now. They have had the financial capacity to do so but pissed so much of that away on the wrong players in recent times. That has stemmed from bad mismanagement at the top.

It's no one else's fault they haven't made use of the financial advantage that they have over plenty of others and feel the need to spend another £200m on 3 to 4 players this summer just to stand a chance.

Problem is they will always say 'But City spent this, and City spent that' but what they fail to realise is over recent times, they have spent equally as much.

Liverpool didn't need to do that to win a title. City pretty much won it without a striker last year, by having a great defence and an excellent coach. 

Ultimately, it will still boil down to not having that top level management to get the best out of what they have, and until they sort that, I think they'll always keep saying "we just need this" or "we just need that".

• The title was changed to Jadon Sancho

Archived