The better place to talk football.

Jadon Sancho

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Jadon Sancho - Man Utd Sign Winger From Dortmund
  • Administrator

How much more money do they have left this window?!

Sancho for approx £75m.

Varane heavily linked with - won't come cheap.

Camavinga heavily linked with - won't be sold cheaply either.

54 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sancho for approx £75m.

A few players have bene linked with exit's to be fair so maybe we can generate a few million. 

Pogba

Dalot

Peirera 

Axel Tuanzebe 

Lingard

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Sancho for approx £75m.

At first I wasn’t surprised because United being very rich isn’t really anything new.

But then I saw a stat on Twitter I can’t post until the forum is fixed - but it said that this Sancho signing takes United’s total spending over the last 3 summers to the most amount spent by a club in Europe.

That’s including the oil barons City, PSG and Chelsea - the clubs probably best situated to withstand the impacts of the pandemic. And that includes the Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona who spend money like absolute idiots and are now hurting from feeling the effects of the pandemic.

The Glazers are weird owners - they’ve saddled them club with debt and shown general contempt for United fans (and English football fans) with that Super League bullshit… but they’ve also always shown they’re pretty keen to spend money for the first team.

Comparing that to our owners who tried acting like they were too skint to sign anyone after we won the league and it’s a bit weird. Because I think both our owners are arseholes, but your ones are less cheap I guess. Although maybe it’s easy to be less cheap if you just saddle the club with debt?

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Sancho for approx £75m.

Transfer fee being paid over five years. Lessens the initial cost significantly.

So this has been two years in the making but as the saying goes, good things come to those who wait, and executives certainly feel United have benefited from “being patient” and “holding firm”. The price agreed with Borussia Dortmund for Sancho is €85 million (£73 million), to be paid in instalments over five years, The Athletic has been told.

That equates to a saving of €35 million (£30 million) on last year’s demands from Dortmund, as well as not being an immediate hit to the accounts. The £80 million fee for Maguire was transferred up front to Leicester City, as was the initial £47 million to Sporting Lisbon for Fernandes. But this deal works out at €17 million (£14.5 million) per year. That is an appealing payment plan whatever the currency.

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

I’m not going to blag. Prior to joining us I’d never seen him play. Maybe I’m wrong but what is his game suppose to be about? He hardly beats a man, which is odd for a winger. I saw his stats prior to joining us and they were sky high yet he doesn’t come across as being creative. He isn’t the quickest either.

Can anyone explain what the hype is about? Even when your team isn’t playing well. You can see a player and say he has something about him. But I don’t see that with Sancho. Today he was missing again, it’s almost like he goes into shit bag and goes into hiding.

48 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I’m not going to blag. Prior to joining us I’d never seen him play. Maybe I’m wrong but what is his game suppose to be about? He hardly beats a man, which is odd for a winger. I saw his stats prior to joining us and they were sky high yet he doesn’t come across as being creative. He isn’t the quickest either.

Can anyone explain what the hype is about? Even when your team isn’t playing well. You can see a player and say he has something about him. But I don’t see that with Sancho. Today he was missing again, it’s almost like he goes into shit bag and goes into hiding.

We wasn't that fussed about losing him on a free, he's just average isnt he? i dont see the fuss with Grealish too, maybe because they are English they get over hyped ? :what:

2 hours ago, Devil said:

Just posted in the Manchester United thread about him. 

He's the invisible man, offers zero, beats nobody and cost us a fortune. 

Haha, yet remember he is in good company Timo Werner and Christian Pulisic have hardly set the world alight. 

• The title was changed to Jadon Sancho

Archived