talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Was The Last Album You Listened To?

football forum

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
15 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I'll take that as a no. xD

I know them mate, I’m more into progressive house and trance. Although I don’t really get much opportunity to listen to anything that new 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

have always loved The Killers but have rekindled my love for this whole album recently. Seem to connect to the songs again. And I've only just found out there was a 'Murder Trilogy' involving 2 songs from this album (Midnight Show, Jenny Was a Friend of Mine) and another, Leave The Bourbon on the Shelf, from a later album.

41KVf7fsWEL._SY355_.jpg

pantera-vulgar-display-of-power.jpg

Fun fact, the bloke on the cover was paid $10 for each punch to the face he received. He was punched over 30 times for them to just get the "right" picture.

This was also my second ever metal album (that wasn't a Black Sabbath album; I had those from my dad) - the first was Metallica's Black Album.

• Subscriber

61dJhUEtWrL._SY355_.jpg

Forever Words, an album setting previously unrecorded lyrics and poems by Johnny Cash to new music written by longtime Cash friends like Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson, family members such as his daughter Rosanne and step-daughter Carline Carter, and acolytes and collaborators including Chris Cornell, Elvis Costello and T Bone Burnett, as well as country stars Alison Krauss, Brad Paisley and Kacey Musgraves.

Just got it earlier today... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2018 at 19:21, Dr. Gonzo said:

pantera-vulgar-display-of-power.jpg

Fun fact, the bloke on the cover was paid $10 for each punch to the face he received. He was punched over 30 times for them to just get the "right" picture.

This was also my second ever metal album (that wasn't a Black Sabbath album; I had those from my dad) - the first was Metallica's Black Album.

'Vulgar Display of Power' was also my second ever metal album, my first being Lamb of God's 'Sacrament'. Never looked back.

Lamb of God being the creators of my most recently listened album 'VII: Sturm und Drang'. 

By definition, my job requires me to write a lot, and find I am at my most productive and creative when I'm listening to trance, or lovely loud metal. My album of the week is just superb. Written after lead singer Randy Blythe's incarceration in the Czech Republic under later-thrown out manslaughter charges (he pushed a fan off the stage at a concert, who later died from his injuries), this album is arguably a lot more mature than previous works. While still full of the relentless, almost bouncy rhythm which is fairly uncommon in mainstream metal, the growled vocals paint vivid pictures on mortality, liberty and forgiveness while the guitar work takes on a darker tone than standard shredding.

As an aside, they're releasing a punk-inspired covers album typical of their early inception as Burn the Priest, in May. Love it.

Just now, StefBWFC said:

'Vulgar Display of Power' was also my second ever metal album, my first being Lamb of God's 'Sacrament'. Never looked back.

Lamb of God being the creators of my most recently listened album 'VII: Sturm und Drang'. 

By definition, my job requires me to write a lot, and find I am at my most productive and creative when I'm listening to trance, or lovely loud metal. My album of the week is just superb. Written after lead singer Randy Blythe's incarceration in the Czech Republic under later-thrown out manslaughter charges (he pushed a fan off the stage at a concert, who later died from his injuries), this album is arguably a lot more mature than previous works. While still full of the relentless, almost bouncy rhythm which is fairly uncommon in mainstream metal, the growled vocals paint vivid pictures on mortality, liberty and forgiveness while the guitar work takes on a darker tone than standard shredding.

As an aside, they're releasing a punk-inspired covers album typical of their early inception as Burn the Priest, in May. Love it.

I'm seeing them pretty soon live! They're one of the many bands opening for Slayer on Slayer's "We're old and half of us aren't even in the band anymore, so we're retiring" tour. Should be a quality night.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm seeing them pretty soon live! They're one of the many bands opening for Slayer on Slayer's "We're old and half of us aren't even in the band anymore, so we're retiring" tour. Should be a quality night.

I'm very jealous. I don't think they're in the UK for the foreseeable, which is gutting.

Although, I last saw them about six years ago. I don't think my neck muscles can cope with that kind of punishment these days...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived