talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Was The Last Album You Listened To?

football forum

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

71s7D4pdfqL._SX466_.jpg

Gave this a listen today and found it quite good. He's got a very unique sound and sometimes comes off as a one-trick pony post the great success of Surfing with the Alien but this guy is always innovating even if it is in microscopic ways.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

71s7D4pdfqL._SX466_.jpg

Gave this a listen today and found it quite good. He's got a very unique sound and sometimes comes off as a one-trick pony post the great success of Surfing with the Alien but this guy is always innovating even if it is in microscopic ways.

I met him once. Nice guy, aside from being a world class guitarist

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I met him once. Nice guy, aside from being a world class guitarist

I've heard that too. I think most of the guys who were rocking it back in the day have all kind of chilled out now and are really nice to talk to as well. They are more into teaching and showing technique. Another person I like a lot is Paul Gilbert. The amount of knowledge he likes to share is insane along with how he goes about writing a song and getting the idea from other places and his own stuff.

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I've heard that too. I think most of the guys who were rocking it back in the day have all kind of chilled out now and are really nice to talk to as well. They are more into teaching and showing technique. Another person I like a lot is Paul Gilbert. The amount of knowledge he likes to share is insane along with how he goes about writing a song and getting the idea from other places and his own stuff.

Yeah it’s really hard to not like Paul Gilbert based entirely on his personality. He seems like he’s just the kind of person who wants to make sure anyone who wants to play guitar has as much info about playing guitar as possible.

I like his instructional videos though where he’s just “and now for the next part we do this” and he does some crazy shit. “Hold up Paul, I need to figure out what the fuck both of your hands are doing here can you go back and do that much slower? Oh it’s still complicated when you do it slow... okay...”

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah it’s really hard to not like Paul Gilbert based entirely on his personality. He seems like he’s just the kind of person who wants to make sure anyone who wants to play guitar has as much info about playing guitar as possible.

I like his instructional videos though where he’s just “and now for the next part we do this” and he does some crazy shit. “Hold up Paul, I need to figure out what the fuck both of your hands are doing here can you go back and do that much slower? Oh it’s still complicated when you do it slow... okay...”

I always watch this video get around to the second set and think to myself he's surely got some voodoo sauce with the runs because even if you try it slowly that is a lot of pulls and hammers to keep the single taps going. If you see this other video where he explains thumb technique and the hitting of single notes it ruins your practice session because then you're left trying to skip strings and do single hits and it does my head in (long video but great if you want to learn stuff)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived